Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

From the Beeb:

They have only played each other three times, but in four short months the New York derby has become one of football's great rivalries.

Has it ****

I could understand that sort of nonsense from an American media outlet. But not a European one.

Ive heard of the Kentucky Derby!

The guy who also lives near Birmingham at work has quit, meaning I'll be on my own doing 900 miles a week commuting.

Not a chance.

Means I'll have to MOT every 11 weeks plus £400 a month fuel costs just for commuting.

MOT every 11 weeks? I thought it was once a year? Or do you mean servicing? 

Cheaper for a train pass?

It's every year or 10000 miles

Living somewhere where there are no MOTs, I haven't worried about one for 10 years, but when they did they change the UK MOT rules to be mileage based?

People not knowing where football chant tunes come from. 

"This new chant goes to the tune of 'One Ian Taylor'" No it doesn't, it goes to the tune of 'Guantanamera'. 

"To the tune of 'We'll support you ever more'". No, it's 'Bread of Heaven'. 

etc. 

Legally you only need to have one MOT a year (unless its changed very recently!)

From a safety point of view you may want to have the car checked over every few months with the mileage you are doing for peace of mind but its not mandatory and you shouldn't pay for another MOT. Just get a basic health check on the car

I think the garage are trying to pull a fast one there, 

People that don't give you a straight/helpful answer.

E.g. "when will you be done using the microwave"

"err, umm...*5mins later* when my potato is done"

Thanks really helped that *thumb*

People that make their food but then ask for some of yours anyway because that's what they actually wanted or they didn't make themselves enough.

People that have the TV volume setting at 1 million out of 100

People that always leave the door open when they watch their ridiculously loud tv.

The fact that I'm in a grouchy mood and everything is ticking me off.

The Standard DVSA agency (formally VOSA) MOT certificate Is valid for 12 months irrelevant of millage. 

Recommended Service is every 12 months or 10/12k miles. Whatever comes first.

Why are people entitled to their opinion? What good does it do the world, or the exchange of information in general, to imbue every single person with the right to their own opinion and not just that, make them feel as if they, and everyone else, should celebrate their opinion as if it's something extremely worthwhile and valid, just because it's their opinion.

I'm was entitled to my opinion. Later I found out my opinion was completely wrong. What was I feeling so entitled about?

Edited by YLN
  • Like 1

Advertising. Advertising everywhere. Dublin is one of the ugliest towns I've ever seen. The Luas tram at the moment is completely covered with advertising. And we're all fine with it. There was a time when an effort was made to make towns look vaguely nice. You walk around it and think, yes that looks pretty. I live in or am visiting a pretty town. But now we've piece by piece covered it in advertising. Every mode of transport is covered in advertising. Rolling around the city making everything look ugly. Uglier even than the horrible smokey yellow and blue buses themselves make the place.

And yes we're fine with it. Why? Because they can advertise all they want, doesn't affect me. Advertise on everything, I'm not going to buy something because I've seen an advertisement. Doesn't cost me anything. Let them waste their money etc. As if mate. As if you're somehow impervious to the effects of advertising. If there was this imperviousness that everyone claims to have, they'd stop doing it. Advertising costs a lot of money, and obviously they wouldn't do it if it didn't have an effect greater than the cost to them. They are mining out the soul of the city and putting in their brand. And that has been the cost to us. Overtime we have handed our capital city over to business, piece by piece, until there was nothing left.

When I was in Delhi I compared the place to a gangrenous patient's wound that was being set upon by bacteria. I'm beginning to see a lot of that in Dublin. A purely functional town, with no awareness of how it has started to look, or what it is doing to the patient. 

Edited by YLN
  • Like 1

Adverts that show close ups of feet.

Worse are the adverts for cleaning hard skin off feet and they show someone creating a little skinstorm from the crap they're removing. Rank.

Got in a truck at work this morning...did all checks but realised it wasn't suitable for the job in hand. Went back to office and told them so....and also that it was filthy inside & out!! I was told that the guy who usually uses it has a skin disorder...so what i thought was cigerette ash (which also shouldn't be there) was flakes of this geezers skin, which i had blown off several surfaces!!!

I know the poor guy can't help it but he could wipe around a bit!!!

(Still heaving)

Edited by RimmyJimmer

Got in a truck at work this morning...did all checks but realised it wasn't suitable for the job in hand. Went back to office and told them so....and also that it was filthy inside & out!! I was told that the guy who usually uses it has a skin disorder...so what i thought was cigerette ash (which also shouldn't be there) was flakes of this geezers skin, which i had blown off several surfaces!!!

I know the poor guy can't help it but he could wipe around a bit!!!

(Still heaving)

8fc37cac2fa5dd5a4e086044fa699be6af0ed39f
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â