Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

don't get me started on that 6 of us go to the cricket and 5 of them physically fight to go last in the round as they have calculated in their heads that they might not have to get a second round in

( does annoys me a bit , they should just stay out of a round if they don't' want to get involved in paying their way  ..it's not just the cricket its everywhere we go )

Very simple solution in a scenario where you won't end up getting a full round from everyone is that you all put the same amount of money into a kitty.  Then you drink the kitty until it's empty and then either fill it up or move on.  Keeps the miserable scrotes in line and doesn't fleece the fella all too willing to buy the first round, and no-one falls out over it.

I understand cricket and I just don't like it.  Simple as that.  No offence intended :)

Oh I don't care if anyone doesn't like it, and let's face it, it's not the most exciting, quick sport in the world, but when you just want to chill in the sun with some mates and have a few beers, I don't think there's much quite like it to be honest.

And after the last few seasons, I've lost interest in the football and spent much more time getting to know cricket a little better.

We've done this before too.

The best thing anyone ever says about cricket is "it's nice to chill in the sun" or "have some drinks" or "hang out with mates"

Nobody ever says the best thing about it is you get to watch cricket.

There's loads of places you can chill out in the sun, or hang out with friends or drink that don't involve having to watch cricket. Cheaper too.

what did you do at the weekend ?

Oh I went to the park with my mates and drunk 12 pts of beer  sounds much different to  Oh I went to the cricket with my mates ( silently in your head .. and drunk 12 pts of beer)

of course you may not care either way how it sounds  , it's possible that you'd rather admit to sitting in a park getting pissed than watching cricket :D

I usually just tell the truth :)

If I want to sit in the sun and drink with mates then I'd probably go to a beer garden.

• Like 1

don't get me started on that 6 of us go to the cricket and 5 of them physically fight to go last in the round as they have calculated in their heads that they might not have to get a second round in

( does annoys me a bit , they should just stay out of a round if they don't' want to get involved in paying their way  ..it's not just the cricket its everywhere we go )

Very simple solution in a scenario where you won't end up getting a full round from everyone is that you all put the same amount of money into a kitty.  Then you drink the kitty until it's empty and then either fill it up or move on.  Keeps the miserable scrotes in line and doesn't fleece the fella all too willing to buy the first round, and no-one falls out over it.

Sounds like you need less tight friends.

The definition of a friend amongst my local friendship group is just "someone who is happy to buy a round". Were very welcoming to all and sundry but if you get arsey about buying drinks you wont be invited back!

• Like 1

yea, but no.

I used to be ignorant towards other sports

But now you're just ignorant towards music?

;)

PS... Cricket... BOORRRINNNGGGGG.

No, I try to like other music, because it's frustrating not liking anything other than Oasis and a handful of other bands.

I like certain songs from other bands, and I like most of the stuff Beatles, Smiths, Blur and stuff did, but I'll rarely like more than about 3 songs from any album.

It's a curse, not me trying to be cool.

• Like 1

The kitty thing is great to be fair.

I find you usually get more drinks out of it too, because half of it doesn't end up as loose change in people's pockets disguised as a lack of money.

The definition of a friend amongst my local friendship group is just "someone who is happy to buy a round". Were very welcoming to all and sundry but if you get arsey about buying drinks you wont be invited back!

Way to interpret :lol: We don't do that.  I'm only suggesting a solution for a man with tight friends :)  For example you might do it in a group of 10 people at a pub quiz where you know you're going to only have maybe 4 or 5 drinks.  Throw in 20 quid and job's a good un.  Under normal circumstances it's rounds all the way.

• Like 1

I don't even think they are necessarily tight just cautious with their money :)  ..it's the age old thing where we've been mates for 30 + years so we are not going to fall out over it  ..I'm just gonna grumble about it on the internet instead :)   ...

We've done kitty's before but I dunno they just never seem to work out as good value  ... more so as the big group often splits later in the night to smaller groups and I make the rookie error of not following the kitty (d'oh)

• Like 1

Yeah I think I can see what Will is doing with him.  Fill him full of confidence in himself and then send him out into the world.  But there's a line where the world will just say "nah you keep him" and I think he has crossed it.  Needs to rein his outer-tosser in a bit.

I'm that guy too Folski but it's rarely a mahoosive round and by then it's usually doubles and I've forgotten how to count anyway.

frozen, minions and all the other pixar/disney crap taht isnt cool or isnt even fun

especially if it's blown out of proportion by adults

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 2

frozen, minions and all the other pixar/disney crap taht isnt cool or isnt even fun

especially if it's blown out of proportion by adults

I dunno about that if kids in England are anything like kids in Vietnam . . . I rarely teach youngsters these days but they love Frozen and Minions to a degree I wouldn't have thought possible. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â