Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The fact that an attempt to get an early night is completely futile because there will be at least 3 TVs within earshot being watched by people who don't fancy an early night :-( Ffffffuuuuuuu

The fact that an attempt to get an early night is completely futile because there will be at least 3 TVs within earshot being watched by people who don't fancy an early night :-( Ffffffuuuuuuu

You're not in jail are you?

I've never had a problem with that sort of stuff I can sleep almost anywhere with any amount of noise.

Same.

In fact I hardly ever go to sleep without my TV on or music playing or a podcast or something.

I think it helps me just switch off straight away. Almost like hypnosis or something. 

Weird

I need silence and as dark as possible, preferably pitch. It's a pain in the arse actually, because it means I struggle to sleep in non-ideal situations unless I'm drunk or totally exhausted.

To make matters worse I'm also a very light sleeper, owing to the fact that I've been on-call for work for the past 17 years (non-continuous :P) so I'm used to almost sleeping with one eye open. Luckily I don't need an awful lot of sleep and can get bye comfortably on anything from 5 to 6hrs a night.

• Like 2

I'm pretty much the worst sleeper ever. I have to feel completely exhausted,be in my own bed and fall asleep pretty much immediately. If one of those 3 things doesn't happen, chances are I will be up all night.

I never need an alarm clock either, if I need to be up at a certain time (say I'm getting up at 2am for the boxing) I just go to sleep as normal and wake up about 15 minutes before I need to

But you do set one just in case? I'm probably awake before my alarm clock goes off most mornings but I'd never be brave enough to not set one, because that'd be the morning I'd blissfully snooze 'til midday.

I think Mike is one of these magical non-alarm clock people too!

I bet more people would be able to do it if they needed to. I know if I need to wake up early then I tend to wake up before my alarm.

I think they spoke about it on QI. The theory is that you actually "wake up" loads of times during the night, but you're not really fully concious and you can't remember it when you actually properly wake up. But if you need to get up early then when you hit that little patch of semi conciousness you snap yourself out of it because you know you need to be up.

I think Mike is one of these magical non-alarm clock people too!

I bet more people would be able to do it if they needed to. I know if I need to wake up early then I tend to wake up before my alarm.

I think they spoke about it on QI. The theory is that you actually "wake up" loads of times during the night, but you're not really fully concious and you can't remember it when you actually properly wake up. But if you need to get up early then when you hit that little patch of semi conciousness you snap yourself out of it because you know you need to be up.

I wake at 4:43 & 7:40 350 days a year I would say, it's an absolute nightmare on weekends or if I've been out the night before. I'm a good man to nap on a Sunday.

I nearly always wake up in the night these days, usually to piss (what an old man thing to say!)

Luckily I'm one of those who doesn't struggle to get back to sleep, so I actually quite like it.

I love thinking "ahhh, still 3 hours until I need to get up!"

my top tip for making sure I don't over sleep when i have to get up early is not to fall asleep at all , it's obviously a default mechanism and a bloody annoying one at that

my alarm works with out fail every day I set it yet throw a 5 am start into the mix and I become paranoid the alarm wont go off and thus I lay there awake and checking the time every 20 mins or so  , plus I find I usually fall asleep probably about 7 minutes before the poxy alarm is due to go off  ... grrrrrr

• Like 1

The list of ingredients in a gluten free muffin .....5ea6dde23a2bfbb18775c697153560e1.jpg

Glutan free  is up there with fat free in regards to taking a product and stuffing it full of stuff far far worse for you  and convincing people it's better for you

Glutan free is kinda pointless though  it's designed for people that don't want to be left out when having conversations with people that say I can't eat nuts or I'll die  ( yeah right )  and no other reason ....

don't I feel bad for going all Katie Hopkins and not taking the post seriously  ..my bad :blush: , sorry

the reading up I did some time back seemed to suggest the cure for nut allergies ( for example) was to introduce small amounts of nuts into the persons food and gradually increase it , kinda makes sense as that's how a lot of vaccinations work , is that what they will try with your son  ?

This flag getting banned from Wembley by the FA.

CF7TTJXW8AA5Ahi.jpg

It wouldn't be an issue if it was denied first hand, but the FA and Wembley gave our fans permission for it, raised the money and ordered it, now it's been banned 'in case it incites anger in Arsenal fans'

**** off.

Edited by StefanAVFC

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â