Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'm climbing Nevis next Friday and it just so happens to be a sponsored thing.

I didn't know that until I'd handed over my £80 deposit for the coach and accommodation (with 50 other people..).

The guy running it wants £100 per person to go to Acorns. 

Admirable, but I've only got about £40 so far :lol: I hate asking people and I'm refusing to ask colleagues at work, too messy and embarrassing.

Which path are you taking mate?

Theres two routes essentially, one is just the general footpath way but there is another whether you go left once you reach the big lake and go via Carn Mor Dearg ridge all the way round to the summit, not gonna lie its bloody hard but worthwhile. Took us the best part of 12 hours to finally reach the pub at the bottom but those beers certainly tasted nice.

If you get a clear day some of the sights are stunning once you reach the top, they say you only get about 40 clear days a year and thankfully we got one.

If you do venture into Fort William some of the food is unreal, i had the haggis and the neeps and tatties tasted like they had just been pulled out of the ground. I also got to try my first deep fried mars bar. Look out for Statio B - one of the least welcoming social clubs ive ever seen in my life.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

I didn't know that until I'd handed over my £80 deposit for the coach and accommodation (with 50 other people..).

Admirable, but I've only got about £40 so far :lol: I hate asking people and I'm refusing to ask colleagues at work, too messy and embarrassing.

Theres two routes essentially, one is just the general footpath way but there is another whether you go left once you reach the big lake and go via Carn Mor Dearg ridge all the way round to the summit, not gonna lie its bloody hard but worthwhile. Took us the best part of 12 hours to finally reach the pub at the bottom but those beers certainly tasted nice.

If you get a clear day some of the sights are stunning once you reach the top, they say you only get about 40 clear days a year and thankfully we got one.

If you do venture into Fort William some of the food is unreal, i had the haggis and the neeps and tatties tasted like they had just been pulled out of the ground. I also got to try my first deep fried mars bar. Look out for Statio B - one of the least welcoming social clubs ive ever seen in my life.

when we did the 3 peaks , we did the trail from the pub at the bottom to the summit  .. was up and down in around 5 - 5 1/2  hours and that was with me having to half carry a girl who sprained her ankle at the summit  ... 

at 12 hours the long route sounds a bit too long for my liking  :)

when we did the 3 peaks , we did the trail from the pub at the bottom to the summit  .. was up and down in around 5 - 5 1/2  hours and that was with me having to half carry a girl who sprained her ankle at the summit  ... 

Depends if you want to be a real man  :P

To be honest if i was doing the three peaks challenge i would have gone the standard route as well.

I have actually done the 3 peaks but not in the challenge form.

Edited by AVFCDAN

That's next year.

All for kilamanjaro in 2018.

It's on my to do list , just the small matter of my knee ops first

I did the summit of Mt Toubkal (4,167m ) the other year  .. that was tough as the last 1000m were in snow that was knee deep in places ... had to really dig deep on that one what with the altitude  ... I left the lodge at 4am , and at 4:30 I could still see it , could almost still touch it in fact .. It was quite dis-heartening having to keep stop stopping every 5 steps due to being unable to breath  ... but you have to slap yourself around the face a few times and set ever increasing targets and eventually you reach the top ...

Might hike up Mt Ararat(5,137 m) next year if all goes well

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Depends if you want to be a real man  :P

To be honest if i was doing the three peaks challenge i would have gone the standard route as well.

I have actually done the 3 peaks but not in the challenge form.

the challenge was hard work  ... rained the whole 24 hours so your hiking in the rain and then sitting 4 hours in a cramped mini bus before having to get out and hike up another peak .. think about half our group never got out at the last peak

we lost time on Nevis with the injured woman , then our mini bus broke down , so we lost about 4 hours  ... and then on Snowdonia a few started to really struggle and we had to keep waiting for them ( rules being you can't just leave people to die  , meh)  finished around the 26 hr mark so confident if I was on my own it could have been done in under 20  ... might give it another go sometime

• Like 1

Some beg PM'd my girlfriend on Twitter with some shite such as 'omg you're perfect. I bet you won't even reply but add me on snapchat'

Makes me cringe so hard. 

"I've got an attractive girlfriend."

don't we need bikini pics to confirm this though ?

Some beg PM'd my girlfriend on Twitter with some shite such as 'omg you're perfect. I bet you won't even reply but add me on snapchat'

Makes me cringe so hard. 

Has Stefan got a girlfriend then?

• Like 3

Makes me cringe so hard. 

Don't pass the torch now ;)

And it's nothing to do with her attractiveness. It just makes me cringe when guys beg like that.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Makes me cringe so hard. 

Don't pass the torch now ;)

Foiled again

curses_28eef5821daea0a5ae15c698d65bafb0.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â