Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Go on then I'll play.

Nandos must have taken off as I left the UK to come to the IOM.  I've only eaten in once once, and was blissfully unaware of their existence until about 3 years ago.

Go on then I'll play.

Nandos must have taken off as I left the UK to come to the IOM.  I've only eaten in once once, and was blissfully unaware of their existence until about 3 years ago.

never been to one of them  .. surprising really as about 85% of what I eat is junk

think it was the queue to get in that put me off ( two fold   ...  I hate queuing for anything , and the people in the queue were wearing ugg boots and onesie's )

• Like 1

Go on then I'll play.

never been to one of them  .. surprising really as about 85% of what I eat is junk

think it was the queue to get in that put me off ( two fold   ...  I hate queuing for anything , and the people in the queue were wearing ugg boots and onesie's )

You're from Kent, I thought that dressing like a twunt was compulsory?

• Like 1

Go on then I'll play.

You're from Kent, I thought that dressing like a twunt was compulsory?

your confusing Kent with Essex i think 

Interesting question as well .. I was born in Kent but grew up in Surrey ( and thus they have my cricket allegiance )   ... Am I still a Kentish man ( 6 years)   or am I Surrey boy ( 38 years)  ... though some will say I've always been a Kent :P)

Or do you just have to get lucky on a tv programme?

This guy asked to support one of my muso friends a couple of years ago.

Then his song was selected as the theme for the Superbowl.

Can't stand his voice :blink:

• Like 1

...I've got sort of stuck in what I know, VW Beetles...

Best day of my life, I was sat in the back of a 1303 listening to the Heptones. 

Air cooled VWs are brilliant. Proper engineering. I've fettled loads of them. Stick with them, they're great. I want another one.

To each his own. I'm envious of those who can escape nonsense celebrity/crap music guff.

It doesn't take much effort, though I do put in the minimum. Don't watch daytime telly and don't listen to local music radio or read tabloid papers or their internets, and if by some unhappy accident, a hint of the feckers sneaks into my life via whatever medium, blank it out/turn it off/turn the page. Oh and avoid people who are obsessed by that kind of crap.

There's being interested in something, there's not being interested but aware that something exists, and there's not having heard of something at all.  Lot's of people seem to fall into the third category, which is what I find suprising where it concerns things that get regular coverage, or that people talk about.

see above :)

...Jamie Foxx? Same as Chrisp - I'm vaguely aware he's a black American filmstar. Couldn't recognise him or name any films he's been in ...

Modern media makes it easier than ever before to avoid pop culture. 

I've absolutely not a scooby who he is, what colour or that he's an actor (till just now) I'd have guessed musician if someone asked. Sort of Jamie XX, but not him.

Spot on, on the modern media. Marvellous to have that choice.

• Like 1

McFlurry is the only thing I ever have from McDonalds. Tastes amazing.

Also, saw on the news the other day the chemicals used for McDonald's fries. Jesus.

You mean starch, salt, sugars, oils and stabilisers. Nothing surprising for processed food. Is it the word "chemical" which was the issue? Or did the article make something sound scary out of context?

(I don't eat in McDonalds but I have heard of it.)

You've reminded me of something which really frustrates me.

I work in the biotechnology industry, part of which is gm crops(not the part I'm involved in).

But the way people throw around the word GMO and biotech when specifically referring to gm crops really gets me.

E.g." I see no problem with GMOs so long as they're subject to testing and scrutiny to make sure they're safe for consumption, just like any other food."

Quote taken off some randomer on the internet somewhere.

It shouldn't piss me off I don't think, but when gm crops and companies like Monsanto are getting bad press and you're saying gmo's/biotech is bad it affects public opinion on other areas of biotech.

Fwiw I work in pharmaceutical biotech and grow GMO cultures to use their by-products for medicines. Also GMOs are used to make enzymes for your washing machine tablets, detergents and more importantly alcohol.

Also on the chemicals front a guy at work wasn't having carbs so didn't have sugar in his tea, he had honey instead.

I know it might be slightly better but its still sugar ffs.

Edited by jjaacckk91
  • Like 1

Also, saw on the news the other day the chemicals used for McDonald's fries. Jesus.

You mean starch, salt, sugars, oils and stabilisers. Nothing surprising for processed food. Is it the word "chemical" which was the issue? Or did the article make something sound scary out of context?

You've reminded me of something which really frustrates me.

I work in the biotechnology industry, part of which is gm crops(not the part I'm involved in).

But the way people throw around the word GMO and biotech when specifically referring to gm crops really gets me.

E.g." I see no problem with GMOs so long as they're subject to testing and scrutiny to make sure they're safe for consumption, just like any other food."

Quote taken off some randomer on the internet somewhere.

It shouldn't piss me off I don't think, but when gm crops and companies like Monsanto are getting bad press and you're saying gmo's/biotech is bad it affects public opinion on other areas of biotech.

Fwiw I work in pharmaceutical biotech and grow GMO cultures to use their by-products for medicines. Also GMOs are used to make enzymes for your washing machine tablets, detergents and more importantly alcohol.

Also on the chemicals front a guy at work wasn't having carbs so didn't have sugar in his tea, he had honey instead.

I know it might be slightly better but its still sugar ffs.

We do a lot of product testing on American \ Mexican snacks that are from GM crops ..

We inform people what they are eating and ask them to sign to say they are happy to do so  ... 5 years ago people ran away screaming and refused the survey , now they just go " yeah ,so " sign the paper and do the survey

My mate is one of these I don't do carbs and I don't eat grain  people  ... on our travels he will starve his way around meals , meat only , no bread , no pasta or rice  ... whilst drinking beer  ... then stop off at the shop on the way home from the bar and buy a packet of biscuits because he's starving   ... I've long given up rolling my eyes and tutting at him

• Like 1

Well it's the use of a petrol-based chemical TBHQ and a form of silicone that is shocking. Though they're meant too be safe and are used for good purposes.

On the subject of Ed Sheeran, I see Noel Gallagher was making a similar statement as somebody said on here a page or too back, about how terrible it is that Sheeran has sold out Wembley Stadium for three nights.  Well, I'm no fan of the ginger hobbit at all, but I imagine one of his gigs would be infinitely more fun than an Oasis show, which all seemed to consist of Noel playing his guitar very, very carefully, while his gobshite brother stood with his hands behind his back singing songs with lots of words that rhymed with 'fly', 'high' and 'sky'.*

*For the usual suspects, Oasis were a band from Manchester who were at the height of their popularity in the mid to late 90s. ;)

Ha they played the old Wembley the day Liam found out Patsy Kensit had left him. It didn't go very well.

'There she goes with more furniture, without even leaving a **** teabag! How dare ya!'

I saw Oasis at the City of Manchester Stadium and enjoyed it until people were so drunk they'd just piss in their pint glass and chuck it in the air. I don't know if that's common at all big gigs or just the troglodytes Oasis attracted. It was a good gig and the support was pretty decent with Doves, the Bees and the Redwalls if I remember right, but it has to be proper loud with big choruses to belt out if you ask me, not a shy guy with an acoustic.

Definitely the standard Oasis crowd. I saw them at MK Bowl. Great band and they were fantastic. They do/did attract a lot of scum as fans

On the subject of Ed Sheeran, I see Noel Gallagher was making a similar statement as somebody said on here a page or too back, about how terrible it is that Sheeran has sold out Wembley Stadium for three nights.  Well, I'm no fan of the ginger hobbit at all, but I imagine one of his gigs would be infinitely more fun than an Oasis show, which all seemed to consist of Noel playing his guitar very, very carefully, while his gobshite brother stood with his hands behind his back singing songs with lots of words that rhymed with 'fly', 'high' and 'sky'.*

*For the usual suspects, Oasis were a band from Manchester who were at the height of their popularity in the mid to late 90s. ;)

Ha they played the old Wembley the day Liam found out Patsy Kensit had left him. It didn't go very well.

'There she goes with more furniture, without even leaving a **** teabag! How dare ya!'

OK, this is going to upset some of you. From watching that video, it makes me glad I never saw Oasis live. What a bunch of words removed. Dull, only there for the money, surrounded by troglodytes, and having to put up with that knob head sluing insults into the microphone. 

• Like 2

if liam was in the mood then oasis live takes some beating, i was at CoM stadium when the barrier broke, unbelievable gig, they have the songs to play to that size crowd, the mosh pit the everyone go off your tits and the slow it down sing alongs, very few bands have the songs to do it justice and oasis was definitely one of them, prefer them or not like them either but to me blur dont, the nearest comparison now would be kasabian, they can play to a crowd

they werent a band to stand in the middle or sit at the sides and enjoy the quality of the music, they were a get involved down the front band

as for ed, i can kind of see where noel's coming from, he's got the popularity to play to 60k people but his music isnt designed for it

and as for the pints of piss, thats not an oasis thing, thats pretty much every band, personally i think its not as bad as the spitting that i read came with punk gigs, **** that, saw towers of london support babyshambles early on in some london pub, i was front and centre, fortunately he spat over my head, he got a slap for it though from someone behind me

• Like 1

OK, this is going to upset some of you. From watching that video, it makes me glad I never saw Oasis live. What a bunch of words removed. Dull, only there for the money, surrounded by troglodytes, and having to put up with that knob head sluing insults into the microphone.

Can I recommend a certain Ed Sheeran? ;)

Nah I know what you mean, that was them at their very worst, but there won't be that many bands ever again that could go to Wembley and just blow up. It's part of the attraction, as well as the singalongs. There were plenty of amazing moments I wish I was there for.

I've seen oasis live 3 times the best being at Wembley supported by Kasabian. Kasabian were very close to stealing the show.

Piss is an inevitable part of any concert unfortunately. Eminem started 2/3 hours late at Mk bowl never seen so much flying about and at Arctic Monkeys a drunk guy behind us pissed in a glass while his mate went off but hadn't started his own pint. When his mate got back he thought he'd got him a beer and took a massive swig of the piss pint.

I think it's quite surprising that people can't believe some people haven't heard of Ed Sheeran. We consume media in different ways. Some people watch the One Show, read Heat magazine and look at pictures of babies and kids that people post on Facebook. Some people avoid that shite altogether. Not knowing who someone is whether they're famous or not isn't necessarily trying to be 'cool'. It's probably more reflective on their listening and viewing choices.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â