Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I met some norwegian girls on a night out once.

After a while one of them asked me if I knew any famous Norwegians.

I obviously responded with John Carew.

They had no idea who I was talking about.

After some detailed describing of who he was, one of them exclaimed "OH! You mean Yunn Kah-rev?"

Doesn't have the same ring to it.

I miss him

Never mind that. Were they fit and in the words of Richard Keys, did you smash it?! :D

richard-keys-smash-it.jpg

Not really.

But yes.

• Like 1

Its the inconsistency that bothers me the most!

People will say Barcelona or Valencia the Spanish way but would never say Munich or Paris like the locals. 

Work (again!)

Insanely busy at the minute. I've never known anything like it. I reckon I would need to work 18 hours a day, 7 days a week to stay on top of things. And January is a quiet month! Hope it is reflected come bonus day. 

I think we should just chill on the foreign pronunciation thing. It's just one of those things where fashions change. We still say Rome (Roma), Milan (Milano), but do people still say Leghorn (Livorno)? Then there's Peking/Beijing, etc. The French say Londres. And I've heard Los Angeles pronounced (by Americans) with both hard and soft 'g'. Conventions will change, it doesn't really matter.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

No im not there.

He had to swerve to avoid me up the curb and has injured his car.

whoops

Are you injured? Prior to the crash, which I hope you came out unscathed. Wondering why you arent competing at the moment. Excellent news on the GB silver though.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â