Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

With all this pronunciation talk. People say my name with different pronunciations. It's spelt ismail (pronounced iss-mail), though some say it as ish some say it as izz. With the latter part of me name (mail), family say it as maa-eel, though friends and teachers etc. say it as mail. I've just given up and let them call me whatever haha. Don't even get me started on the way people spell my name...

I stopped correcting people with my surname decades ago. Force of habit I say it then spell it immediately. They still pronounce it wrong. Its pronounced koontz

I'd have never thought that's how you pronounce 68.

Herman Melville. He pisses me off. Million word long rambling convoluted sentences with multiple outdated and/or fancypants words to make it nice and impossible-to-understand.

Brilliant book, loved it. Then again I am reading Ulysses at the moment, and that makes Moby Dick look like The Da Vinci Code.
  • Like 1

I met some norwegian girls on a night out once.

After a while one of them asked me if I knew any famous Norwegians.

I obviously responded with John Carew.

They had no idea who I was talking about. 

After some detailed describing of who he was, one of them exclaimed "OH! You mean Yunn Kah-rev?"

Doesn't have the same ring to it.

I miss him

Never mind that. Were they fit and in the words of Richard Keys, did you smash it?!  :D

richard-keys-smash-it.jpg

Either the dryest sarcastic response ever or completely over their head.

I like to give the benefit of the doubt so I will say the former! 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â