Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

We have 4 today, 3 of which we were told about yesterday with no consideration to whether we'd be in or not.

Can fully sympathise with you there Jonno.

One of a couple of reasons behind me buying a house. Regardless of the financial equation, I was just fed up of landlords and wanted a place free of this kind of crap.

(Though I do understand it's not that simple to just go and buy a house)

Barcelona wankfest really annoys me

Just had neighbours move into the flat opposite ours, as I left the building the other day they'd already put two "UK Barcelona Supporter" pendants in the front windows.

Considering knocking on the door and introducing myself in my Sevilla kit. 8)

I usually wear my Spain jersey when they are on in pub. Gets a lot of great reactions from their fans

slagging off the barcelona wankfest when some of us have been barcelona since going to watch them play (at wolves) many a moon ago :angry:

my 9 year old barca shirt has just about had it but i have to keep it around because wearing the new one makes you look like someone who jumped on the bandwagon when in reality i just like good football!

because wearing the new one makes you look like someone who jumped on the bandwagon when in reality i just like good football!

Not at all. The Barca shirt, like Boca Juniors, is not about a bandwagon. It's one of those few iconic shirts that should be in any jersey collection.

EDIT : Though I will say I'm glad I got mine before they splattered any writing across the front of it. In that sense I got a 'pure' one.

i've got about 4 home and 3 aways and as of yet not bought one with unicef on it, was trying to explain at work earlier the "charity" was a huge win for barca, tricked the fans into getting used to having a sponsor before a betting company puts their name on it next year

funny you should mention boca, i had the choice between the 2 and i went for barca back in 2001-02 season

This business of "supporting" foreign teams. I just don't get it (non-British Villa fans are exempt, naturally).

:D

I don't even really see myself as a "foreign" supporter, we're all (native) English speakers after all.

My dad just filled in the Cencus! I wanted to do that!

The thing that really annoys me is that he doesn't care what answers he gives, whether they are full, accurate or true.

He spelt my mums name incorrectly.

Put 'Holland' as her country of birth, even though 'Holland' isn't a country.

Gave her a different work address as he couldn't be bothered to write the whole thing out.

Didn't even use spaces between words, soinsteaditisallonelongwordinsteadofanaddress.

For me he put English as my nationality, I NEVER describe myself as English, I'm half English, half Dutch.

And my identity as British which really gets me, I'm European damn it!

Didn't bother to space out the words in me or my mums job descriptions.

Almost didn't put my full job title as he couldn't be bothered to write one extra word. Again that was all as one word, desktopsupportanalyst.

Which is precisely why census forms should be filled out by ALL literate adults, not just one daddy per household.

was trying to explain at work earlier the "charity" was a huge win for barca, tricked the fans into getting used to having a sponsor before a betting company puts their name on it next year

The most patently obvious manouver ever. The genius was in getting such cynicism to be so roundly commended. Staggering really.

This business of "supporting" foreign teams. I just don't get it (non-British Villa fans are exempt, naturally).

Because some of us watch them every week because they play the best football and they have the best player in the world who is amazing to watch.

In which case you would be a mere "fan" rather than a supporter.

Because some of us watch them every week because they play the best football and they have the best player in the world who is amazing to watch.

I'd say this is absolutely true of Barcelona.

But, for me, the premiership provides the best entertainment by a long way. Most/many/some European cup games are frankly tragic.

In which case you would be a mere "fan" rather than a supporter.
That's a semantic argument. In common parlance it's an interchangeable expression most of the time.

:D

I don't even really see myself as a "foreign" supporter, we're all (native) English speakers after all.

Nothing to do with language. It's just that I associate team support with "home patch". Admittedly, I've lived all my adult life in Leeds, but I was born and raised in Birmingham, and supported Villa since I was five.

If I'd been born and raised in Hartlepool, or Shrewsbury - or Barcelona for that matter - they would be the team I support.

Now, I can kind of understand the dilemma of somebody who is a football lover in a part of the world where there is effectively NO professional football, and wants to have a team to follow - good luck to them (you).

But if you already come from an established football area, with its own club, I can't really see the appeal of any particular foreign team over another. It just seems pointless to me.

I'm not a Villa fan because I like the name, or the colours, or because they are in the Premiership, I'm a Villa fan because I'm a Brummie, and proud of it. I don't really have any choice, it's part of my identity.

But I'm probably in a minority, and this is after all the "...but shouldn't" thread. Hey ho.

It's OK if the sport doesn't exist in your own country IMO . ( At a decent standard ) .

I "support " Jacksonville Jaguars and the wife "supports " Villa . I have no problems with lets say the Irish , Americans , Kiwis etc , supporting Villa or Arsenal etc , as they have no equivalent in their own countries but if say an Italian supported Lyon then I find it strange as top class football clubs already exist in their own lands .

Then you get in to the matter of people having second teams which has never appealed to me as I go through enough heartbreak with the Villa and Jags as it is . You can see why so many latch onto Barca as it is probably the only success they will see . Can't blame them really but it's not for me . One club from one sport is more than enough and if succes does somehow come my way then it would be more meaningfull as I actually have a physical connection to my clubs .

That seems to me totally the wrong reason for being a supporter (or "fan" if you will).

If Barcelona's quality were to decline over the next few years, would you switch allegiance to another club? (I'm trying not to use the word gl*ryh*nt*r).

If I were ever to "pick" another team, I think I'd be more likely to go for one with different characteristics - a small town club with very loyal fans despite little or no success, for example.

You can see why so many latch onto Barca as it is probably the only success they will see

It's debatable though, whether the success of people's so-called "second teams" feel even remotely as good as, say, the feeling if we were to win a Cup.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â