Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

When failed world record attempts are reported as news.

Saw a story this morning about a guy attemptign but failing the world bench press record.

So what? It wasn't spectacular failure or anything, he just tried to lift it and failed.

I failed to beat the world high jump record last night. Do a story about me.

Saw a story this morning about a guy attemptign but failing the world bench press record.

So what? It wasn't spectacular failure or anything, he just tried to lift it and failed.

"....and finally, Ben 'stevo' Stephenson, friend of another Benn, today attempted to break the world high jump record. The attempt failed though due to various factors including the over zealous support of a work colleague who had to be ejected from the audience for being too 'crazy. Apparently her claim that her large breasts were in the Guinness book of records were more a statement of location than a achievement. Ben later commented that the failure would not deter him from his attempt to enter the Guiness Book of records and his next try will be probably based on the most concussions ever suffered by anyone, apparently he is only a stones throw away from achieving this, My name is Trevor McDonald good night"

• Like 4

Just about finishing up on my 3rd 15 hour working day of the week, having also worked a normal day on Sunday. God I hate September year-ends.

You tihnk that is bad...there is a teacher on the other page who had to go home and mark some books, in his own time!!!

;)

You don't know you are born.

• Like 3

Just about finishing up on my 3rd 15 hour working day of the week, having also worked a normal day on Sunday. God I hate September year-ends.

You tihnk that is bad...there is a teacher on the other page who had to go home and mark some books, in his own time!!!

;)

they don't mark them anyway , they just flick through it  splash a few drops of red ink here and there and then stick a random grade on the end based on how hot the mum is

Edited by tonyh29

;)

they don't mark them anyway , they just flick through it  splash a few drops of red ink here and there and then stick a random grade on the end based on how hot the mum is

Not teachers as such, but we had a presentation at my college when I was studying CIMA from a former exam marker, and he explained to us how those exams are marked.

It's an absolute joke.

Not teachers as such, but we had a presentation at my college when I was studying CIMA from a former exam marker, and he explained to us how those exams are marked.

It's an absolute joke.

Yep.  Makes them very easy to pass if you know the tricks though.  Make one point on one page.  Tick, one mark.  Make the same point on the next page, tick, another mark for the same point.  I know some of the markers and on average they have something ridiculous like 5 minutes per answer booklet.

Maybe one for the "Wonder" thread, but is there a world record, for having the most failed attempts at breaking a world record?

There's a woman in my office and she's insanely quiet. When she speaks it sounds like she is in pain, she's a decent looking woman though I can't understand it, only mid to late 30s.

Maybe she's hurtin' for a squirtin'?

Get it done.

• Like 4

It's an absolute joke.

Yep.  Makes them very easy to pass if you know the tricks though.  Make one point on one page.  Tick, one mark.  Make the same point on the next page, tick, another mark for the same point.  I know some of the markers and on average they have something ridiculous like 5 minutes per answer booklet.

The biggest one for me was as follows.

The exam we took generally gave out 2 marks per "point". So if you made a point and could then expand on it, then you got 2 marks.

He basically said all they do is look for a key word, tick. Then if you've written more than a sentence. Tick. " marks.

Your second sentence could say anything. As long as you mentioned the keyword in the first sentence you got the marks.

So just write your exam paper in blocks of small paragraphs and underline keywords and you get the marks.

I followed his advice and got by far my best exam mark in my last exam as a result.

There's a woman in my office and she's insanely quiet. When she speaks it sounds like she is in pain, she's a decent looking woman though I can't understand it, only mid to late 30s.

Maybe she's hurtin' for a squirtin'?

Get it done.

She definitely isn't. She's got a sick kid and she works half days but we are very busy at the moment so she's staying on till 5:30 some days, and shes so quiet I don't actually know if she's here or not.

That it is generally acceptable by our society that people can make jokes about Ebola (current trend), AIDS (this website in particular) and it be funny to the vast majority, but if someone makes a joke about cancer it is frowned upon more often than not.

I'm not saying that none of these should be funny, I think they all can be and are given the correct circumstances.

That it is generally acceptable by our society that people can make jokes about Ebola (current trend), AIDS (this website in particular) and it be funny to the vast majority, but if someone makes a joke about cancer it is frowned upon more often than not.

I'm not saying that none of these should be funny, I think they all can be and are given the correct circumstances.

It's purely and simply down to proximity.  Most people know somebody who has been affected by cancer.  Far fewer people know somebody affected by HIV, and even so now HIV isn't the death sentence it once was.  Ebola is (for now) mostly just killing a few thousand Africans, so nothing to worry about, in the same way that the death of one local person in, say a car accident will be reported far more closely than 1,000 Syrians getting killed in a rocket attack.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â