Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Monday night : sumo wrestle with my daughter before her bath followed by reading her favourite book "Lettice the rabbit"

It's been our ritual for years , we even have our own victory dance to taunt the loser of the sumo wrestle with

Tonight she told me she doesn't like lettice anymore and feels she is told old for it :(

I feel a piece of me has died ...

Buy her a real rabbit?

Then wrestle it and do a victory dance when you inevitably crush it's spine.

• Like 3

Graduates at JLR are getting £31k straight out of uni.

Out of interest , What sort of role is it that they require graduates ?

teaching the apprentices straight out of school how to spell and read

• Like 3

Yes and graduates at BAE around the same. Because they are mostly engineering grads who are in higher demand.

31k is far from a normal 'graduate' job starting salary, that is even if you manage to get a job after graduating, which is getting more difficult.

Graduates at JLR are getting £31k straight out of uni.

Out of interest , What sort of role is it that they require graduates ?

Engineers, Finance, Purchsing, HR, Sales and Marketing, everything really (apart from the guys who bolt them together).

Yes and graduates at BAE around the same. Because they are mostly engineering grads who are in higher demand.

31k is far from a normal 'graduate' job starting salary, that is even if you manage to get a job after graduating, which is getting more difficult.

I believe there were over 30,000 applications for the 300 places in this years intake.

Not enough jobs for graduates. Too many piss away years of their lives working in places like Tesco when, if the economy was working, they could be working a well paid job that made the best use of their knowledge and the spotty faced 17 year old can get their first job stacking shelves instead of competing with over-qualified graduates.

Monday night : sumo wrestle with my daughter before her bath followed by reading her favourite book "Lettice the rabbit"

It's been our ritual for years , we even have our own victory dance to taunt the loser of the sumo wrestle with

Tonight she told me she doesn't like lettice anymore and feels she is told old for it :(

Not surprised she's fed up with it. The same book every night?

Unless it's a very long book (I spent a whole year reading my kids Lord of the Rings).

• Like 1

I believe there were over 30,000 applications for the 300 places in this years intake.
I'd written out paragraphs but realised it was mostly pointless.

I was just trying to say if you are going to use a normal example of starting graduate pay jlr isn't it.

Edited by jjaacckk91

Not surprised she's fed up with it. The same book every night?

Unless it's a very long book (I spent a whole year reading my kids Lord of the Rings).

Just Monday night ... And there is usually another book involved afterwards .... she grew out of lettice a long long time ago truth be told , It was just our silly little Monday ritual

( for the record there are 5 lettice books )

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â