Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

All I've ever dreamt about is being a teacher. I'm doing fine at the job, but I don't know how much I actually enjoy it. I have no life.

I think it's a terrible job, given the demands, all the unpaid hours and the pressures the pay is absolute dog shit. It's also a profession that's used a political football which causes inefficiencies and mayhem from an admin and planning standpoint every couple of years. 

My Mrs has been a teacher for 4 years and it's got to the point where we are planning her exit strategy... 

Teacher's pay is not at all 'dog shit'. And the further you 'progress', the more you earn. But dog shit it ain't. POnce you've gone through 'threshold' (I think it's called that) it gets even better. OK< it's not City Trader levels, but it's reasonably good. But it can be a demanding job at times, for the pay, certainly (as can many other jobs).

No need to call him a ponce ;)

• Like 2

Any work I do at home is logged and refunded at time and a half. You're trusted not to take the piss out of it.

That should be the bloody norm.

My tax payer dollars should not be going to lazy teachers who cannot get their work done in a timely manner.

I'm sat here looking at my screen, getting all my lessons and resources ready for the next week. Tomorrow I have to put up 2 displays, put photographs on the website, teach 4 lessons, do playground duty, mark 3 sets of books and go to a staff meeting.

I'm tired, I don't have a life and it's upsetting me because it's all I've ever wanted to do. It's like a dream dying.

Are you a dinner lady?

'Lunch'... I generally have between 30-40 minutes for lunch over a whole week, if that.

(But.. I don't have to mark papers or take my work home with me. So swings and roundabouts, I guess).

Women at work, who all they ever talk about his dieting, what they didn't eat and how they are going to the gym that night (every night). Yet they are absolute biffers. What is going on there?

I tell you what, they are liars.

This x 10. Either lose weight or not, I don't care either way, but for the love of God, find something else to talk about! I don't care how many points are in whatever it is you want to, but aren't allowed to eat!

lady at my work was like that .. every week she'd lost 4 lbs  ... could never work out why she hadn't faded away at that rate

her personal favourite was to not drink anything all do on the day she went to her weigh in  ... complete bonkers

on a similar note however , 2 weeks into my no fizzy drinks and no crisps or sweets and I've lost 6 lb .. even went away for a big family do at the weekend and stayed off the alcohol and skipped dessert

hoping I can see it through to Christmas .. I suspect I wont  , but the main thing is I'm giving myself a fighting chance of getting off my junk food addiction

• Like 1

Women at work, who all they ever talk about his dieting, what they didn't eat and how they are going to the gym that night (every night). Yet they are absolute biffers. What is going on there?

I tell you what, they are liars.

Maybe Jim is a friend?

Any work I do at home is logged and refunded at time and a half. You're trusted not to take the piss out of it.

My tax payer dollars should not be going to lazy teachers who cannot get their work done in a timely manner.

What an ignorant statement.

If only his teachers could be bothered to teach him.

I think it was somewhat tongue in cheek.

If only his teachers could be bothered to teach him.

Too busy complaining how they have to do a day's work.

Bring back coal mining and tanning I say.

Surely everyone at some point in their jobs takes their work home, some times, mayby 2 days a week after work I have to go and measure up jobs and then work out quotes for them, type them up and print them off, and when your only getting responses off 2 out of every 10 quotes, its an incredible amount of time wasted for no return

Teaching is no different to every other job. You do it for 1 reason. Money.

Teaching is no different to every other job. You do it for 1 reason. Money.

I thought you did it because you couldn't get a proper job   .....

runs for cover

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â