Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My mate's girlfriend says "like" every few words (yes, she's American). Sometimes she doesn't even seem to say an actual sentence - it's mainly gibberish punctuated with "like".

"I don't know, it's like, you know, like, I thought, like, that's weird, and like, what happened was it was like...".

WTF are you trying to say, you imbecile!?

• Like 1

My mate's girlfriend says "like" every few words (yes, she's American). Sometimes she doesn't even seem to say an actual sentence - it's mainly gibberish punctuated with "like".

"I don't know, it's like, you know, like, I thought, like, that's weird, and like, what happened was it was like...".

she sounds like shes from kidderminster like

'Like' is probably one of if not THE most often used of crutch words. They're used to buy time to think of the next thing you want to say.

Conversations are often power struggles. The person who is speaking has the power, and crutch words are used when you haven't finished what you want to say and you can't think quickly and verbalise it almost instantaneously. Without them you'd stop talking, giving the person or people you're talking to an opportunity to take the power for themselves even though you hadn't finished what you wanted to say.

It's quite interesting really, well, I always thought so. Other common crutch words are 'basically', 'literally' -- hate that one -- and 'erm'.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

We have to put black bags out on the side of the road on Wednesday nights every week for general rubbish.

For recycling we have a blue box for paper recycling and a green box for plastic recycling.

Living in the stone age you are [emoji14] [emoji14] [emoji14]

'Like' is probably one of if not THE most often used of crutch words. They're used to buy time to think of the next thing you want to say.

Conversations are often power struggles. The person who is speaking has the power, and crutch words are used when you haven't finished what you want to say and you can't think quickly and verbalise it almost instantaneously. Without them you'd stop talking, giving the person or people you're talking to an opportunity to take the power for themselves even though you hadn't finished what you wanted to say.

It's quite interesting really, well, I always thought so. Other common crutch words are 'basically', 'literally' -- hate that one -- and 'erm'.

They always answer a question by saying 'Yeah, no...' as well, just to give themselves another couple of seconds to think of some bullshit. Sportsmen especially are good at it.

She is Steven Gerrard and I claim my £5. Edited by Eames

Conversations are power struggles...

Have you been hanging around with MakemineVanilla?

Not enough money in the world.

Obviously it's generally subconscious but it is true for most people. 

• Like 1

My damn quadriceps - whenever I burst into more than a jog at footy I feel like I'm going to rip it off the bone! Both of them have been as bad as each other.

Had two weeks rest and went to training again tonight and exactly the same issue - thankfully only seemed to be the left one and managed to strike the ball quite well with my right foot.

How I'm going to make it through even the warm up on Saturday I don't know - such a pain as I've been really enjoying my football up until now.

She is Steven Gerrard and I claim my £5.
One of my good mates is terrible for it. His record in my company is 3 likes in 5 words: "like -so, like - kinda, like". Did my head in until we all turned it into a form of bingo.

We have to put black bags out on the side of the road on Wednesday nights every week for general rubbish.

For recycling we have a blue box for paper recycling and a green box for plastic recycling.

Living in the stone age you are [emoji14] [emoji14] [emoji14]

Z20Izo.gif

:P

I have FIVE different recycling bins/tubs. Black one for bin bags, green one for garden waste, green with a blue lid for mixed recycling stuff, a small brown one for food waste and then a tiny grey one. I don't know what the grey one is for, maybe for garden compost, I'm not sure.

Sandwell council?
Yeah

Got one of those parking tickets today, the type that they have no actual way of making you pay, guess I'll have to play the tedious game :rolleyes:

A private none council one? Yeah we're just ignoring some of their repeated letters too.

I have FIVE different recycling bins/tubs. Black one for bin bags, green one for garden waste, green with a blue lid for mixed recycling stuff, a small brown one for food waste and then a tiny grey one. I don't know what the grey one is for, maybe for garden compost, I'm not sure.

Sandwell council?
Yeah

The tiny grey one is a mini bin that you put food leftovers into or peelings, and carry it to the outside brown bin.

Got one of those parking tickets today, the type that they have no actual way of making you pay, guess I'll have to play the tedious game :rolleyes:

A private none council one? Yeah we're just ignoring some of their repeated letters too.

That's the one. Their website makes threats of clamping, even though it's been illegal since 2012.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â