Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My wife is a teacher, and I've valiantly defended her and her profession on here enough times to realise there is no point. It's like arguing evolution with a creationist.

I think it may be different in the UK, but in Ireland it is some job, it's 183 days a year for primary, 167 for secondary. My girlfriend's brother has been teaching in Carlow the last 5 years I'd say gets paid every summer, was in Vietnam all summer.

I used to want to be a teacher. It was the reason I did my degree, to eventually teach English. Living with someone doing the job changed my mind. It is a relentless and draining profession, and for me the holidays wouldn't make up for it. As Eames said, the hourly rate is shit.

I'm a qualified and former teacher. Marking at 2am one morning in my NQT year made me think "what the **** am I doing this for?"

I work until 2am regularly and without the 180 days paid holiday 

lets be honest though sitting at home with the TV on drinking horlicks whilst skim reading through kids work and writing a comment like "well done" or "could try harder" isn't really work though  ...

• Like 1

My wife's also a teacher. Just got a job as Head of Dept too. Plus her school is undergoing constant OFSTED inspections as they've had issues.

She's totally snowed under right now, and has been for a good while.

On the plus side, it means I get to watch what I want on the TV. :cheers:

I think you can get very good job satisfaction from being a teacher though. More so than many other professions.

My wife is a teacher, and I've valiantly defended her and her profession on here enough times to realise there is no point. It's like arguing evolution with a creationist.

I think it may be different in the UK, but in Ireland it is some job, it's 183 days a year for primary, 167 for secondary. My girlfriend's brother has been teaching in Carlow the last 5 years I'd say gets paid every summer, was in Vietnam all summer.

I used to want to be a teacher. It was the reason I did my degree, to eventually teach English. Living with someone doing the job changed my mind. It is a relentless and draining profession, and for me the holidays wouldn't make up for it. As Eames said, the hourly rate is shit.

I'm a qualified and former teacher. Marking at 2am one morning in my NQT year made me think "what the **** am I doing this for?"

What's your take home pay, Mr Loc?

If you had married a golfer you wouldn't be defending the teaching profession.

If you had married a golfer you wouldn't be defending the teaching profession.
Probably not. If a kid was never taught biology they wouldn't defend the theory of evolution.
Or know how to do sex properly.

I'm constantly amazed at the amount of stick teachers seem to get in the UK.

I personally respect the job and the people who do it, yes the holidays are good but that goes with the job, i certainly couldn't do it so good luck to them.

Ive been watching a few programs recently like Educating the East End and in particular too tough to teach which was on yesterday, some of those kids you just want to throttle. Just because they've got it tough at home doesn't give you a free pass to act like a clearing in the woods 24/7, swearing at everyone, smashing the place up, abusing staff verbally and physically. If i had my way the parents would be sterilised immediately and the kids put into the army to teach them some bloody respect. The patience of those teachers is unreal.

• Like 1

One of my good friends is a teacher. And a bloody good one.

She works her arse off.

BUT, she doesn't half go on about it. I'd have sympathy for her if she didn't mention it every single time I speak to her.

Yeah, you're busy, we get it.

One of my good friends is a teacher. And a bloody good one.

She works her arse off.

BUT, she doesn't half go on about it. I'd have sympathy for her if she didn't mention it every single time I speak to her.

Yeah, you're busy, we get it.

Maybe she's always trying to give you a hint that she's too busy for you...

• Like 1

My wife's also a teacher. Just got a job as Head of Dept too. Plus her school is undergoing constant OFSTED inspections as they've had issues.

She's totally snowed under right now, and has been for a good while.

On the plus side, it means I get to watch what I want on the TV. :cheers:

I think you can get very good job satisfaction from being a teacher though. More so than many other professions.

What's your take home pay, Mr Loc?

we'd be comparing full time work with part time work so it's hardly relevant  ;) 

This bed in my dorm at university. The mattress is plastic and I wake up multiple times every night soaked in sweat and shivering. Someone please help. 

Had the same issue when I was at Uni. Duvet cover is the answer. Put the cover over it, get it tucked in tight, then put your bed sheet over the top of that.

• Like 1

This bed in my dorm at university. The mattress is plastic and I wake up multiple times every night soaked in sweat and shivering. Someone please help. 

Sounds like you need some crack.

Actually yeah. Forget that last thing I said. A nice relaxing, soothing pipe of crack is the answer.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â