Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I've been really lucky with my kids, they've both always been just calm and rational (random luck rather than super hippy parenting) (sorry D()nnie), so I'm not really in a position to comment on the supermarket tantrum.

But I find the occasional crying brat in a supermarket aisle much less of an inconvenience than when they are 18 or 22 and pissed up at midnight and shouting in the street and leaving puke and chips on the pavement or driving without insurance, attention or a **** clue.

• Like 1

I just don't want them.

It's not like "Oh no I'm not mature enough or responsible enough to handle it".

Just the more I think about it the less I want them. Certainly not for a while anyway

(yeah, I'm 28)

I was 34, still wasn't ready but it happened and is literally the best thing ever.

So give it a few years but make sure you make the most of them!!

• Like 1

I hit 30 soon so feel like I should have them but I don't particularly want to (yet)(sorry donnie). The missus is getting broody though so that might twist my arm.

Family functions are a nightmare too. Kids this, wedding that. Argh!

I've been really lucky with my kids, they've both always been just calm and rational (random luck rather than super hippy parenting) (sorry D()nnie), so I'm not really in a position to comment on the supermarket tantrum.

But I find the occasional crying brat in a supermarket aisle much less of an inconvenience than when they are 18 or 22 and pissed up at midnight and shouting in the street and leaving puke and chips on the pavement or driving without insurance, attention or a **** clue.

What's that got to do with anything? :lol:

Kids running wild in restaurants.

I honestly think families should be thrown out for that.

I generally find one accidentally trailing foot stuck out from my chair sorts that out.

By restaurant, I presume you mean an actual restaurant and not some hideous americanised fast food hell chain. If you eat in a fast food hell chain that has a plastic clown motif and no morals then you deserve other people's progeny flicking overly salted shite at you whilst ketchup stained spittle sprays from their baying mouths.

• Like 2

I used to work in a restaurant and once witnessed a toddler charging across the floor leaving a trail of what looked like water all across the place. There was literally pints of the stuff. Had to do a double take to see that the little clearing in the woods has pissed everywhere, including on the hem of another customer's coat. Parents seemed to find it funny until I explained I wasn't able to clean it up because I handle food. They started apologising soon after.

Little kids shouldn't be taken to nice restaurants. 

It's not their job to sit and have a civilized meal, they should be able to run around and play.  You can teach them to sit and talk with everyone when they know whats going on around them.

It must be torturous being told to sit and eat/listen when you don't know anything about context.

Edited by lapal_fan

I remember being in one place where a kid who was about 6 or 7 (and who was still wearing his school uniform at 9pm) (dorry sonnie) leant over to our table and had his hands in my girlfriends bag. His parents couldn't give two hoots.

He then spent the rest of the night sitting backwards on his chair so he was facing us and just kept commenting on our food.

When he got bored with that he was following waiters around, hitting them on their heads with a balloon whilst they were carrying trays of food and drink. The parents were so uninterested, they were just stuffing their faces whilst looking at their phones.

I watched them leave without the kid too, they just assumed he was following. They came back in about a minute later to find him standing on the bar.

Felt a bit sorry for him to be honest, even though he was being an annoying little prick, he just doesn't stand a chance.

Yeah, I think the mom would have been able to beat me up, let alone the dad. I stayed quiet.  :blush:

It was a Frankie and Benny's so I wouldn't have minded the odd loud kid running about, but I didn't really expect my girlfriend to be mugged by one or to be quizzed on my dough balls for that matter.

He then spent the rest of the night sitting backwards on his chair so he was facing us and just kept commenting on our food.

:crylaugh: I usually avoid conflict but I'd have had to say something to his parents.

• Like 2

Kids running wild in restaurants.

I honestly think families should be thrown out for that.

I generally find one accidentally trailing foot stuck out from my chair sorts that out.

By restaurant, I presume you mean an actual restaurant and not some hideous americanised fast food hell chain. If you eat in a fast food hell chain that has a plastic clown motif and no morals then you deserve other people's progeny flicking overly salted shite at you whilst ketchup stained spittle sprays from their baying mouths.

Both.

I used to work as a waiter and eventually I just took the approach of not moving.

If a little kid was running towards me then I'd just stand there and let them bounce off me. It ended in tears a few times (theirs not mine!)

Seriously though, If I was 18 and went for a meal with my parents and got pissed and ran round the place ruining everyone's day then I'd get thrown out.

Why is it different for kids?

I go to a restaurant to have a nice quiet meal, as I'm sure most people do. I don't want little shit heads running round the place screaming.

I've also kicked a child in Tesco in an Eden Haard style attack.

I'm actually quite lucky I got away with that. I was shitting myself after that someone would have seen and would arrest me or something!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â