Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Parents who yell at their kids.

If you can't keep your emotions in check, you should not have children. clearings in the woods.

I have no children, and part of the reason why (aside from the fact I'm an ugly word removed and no woman will sleep with me) (sorry donnie) is because kids are mostly dicks. I fully understand why their parents shout at them. Most are lucky they don't get knocked the **** out. 

• Like 3

If you can't keep your emotions in check, you should not have children. clearings in the woods.

Kids need discipline.  But yeah mindlessly screaming at them is both unproductive and scummy.  I think I know the type you're talking about.

I got a voicemail on Wednesday evening from the bar manager at this place I dropped my CV off at. They asked me to call back to set up a time to come in and interview. I didn't actually listen to my messages from Wednesday until yesterday morning, and promptly called the manager. Got her voicemail, and left a message. No call back all day yesterday. No call back this morning. So I left another message around noon. No call back.

WTF

Aye. Once you start resorting to yelling at them, you've lost control. Not yelled or shouted at Martha yet, 2 and a half years in, despite the odd tantrum or two. As you say, it just shows you up as a word removed Edited by Jon

Aye. Once you start resorting to yelling at them, you've lost control. Not yelled or shouted at Martha yet, 2 and a half years in, despite the odd tantrum or two. As you say, it just shows you up as a word removed

Shouting is fine I think if it's like a last resort, and it works.

But just yelling at a kid all the time is bullshit.

I hate parents who do it in public. It's so embarrassing.

• Like 1

Our next door neighbour shouts - no, screams at his kids and I'm sure the whole street can hear him. Then again he was on Jeremy Kyle and found out his wife cheated on him with a teenager and one of the kids he's been raising isn't his so that tells you everything you need to know about the kind of people they are.

Over the past year or so I've found myself thinking twice about whether I want kids.

I've always said I wanted them.

But now I'm getting to the age where it might actually be a consideration (although I'm still too young imo) I'm not sure I want them.

Was in Tesco yesterday and there was a small Chinese girl with her mom just screaming.  It was so loud, I couldn't hear the person on the end of the phone.

Her mom just stood in silence and looked at her..

You see, in those cases, where the girls tears were clearly crocodile tears because she's been told she can't have anything, I wanted to the mom to say something sternly, just to let the other people around know at least she was trying to control her daughter.

But just standing there, looking at her screaming isn't showing me much confidence in your ability to try and control the situation.

I by no means advocate the kind of people who scream at their kids because they've done something silly, but to have a stern word, maybe pull them to one side and sternly tell them that they're being childish and naughty (even though you're not meant to say that now-a-days) (soz donald) at least gives other people around you the knowledge that you're trying to stop it.

Over the past year or so I've found myself thinking twice about whether I want kids.

But now I'm getting to the age where it might actually be a consideration (although I'm still too young imo) I'm not sure I want them.

Can't wait until my baby boy is born in January!! :D

I'm 27 (I think you're slightly older?) and since my wife has found out (she's 22 weeks into pregnancy now, so just over half way), I've been asking myself the same thing!

Apparently, it's completely natural to feel that, most people do, especially because out of my friends circles and people I know, I'll be about the 4th person having a kid (not including the moms at school who were 16/17/18/19 when they had their first/second).

(soz dolan)

Yeah because creating an impression for strangers around is certainly more important than actually doing the right thing.

If your kid is having a strop in public and crying crocodile tears than giving them a reaction is really not the way to go. So while the parent might not have scored a hit with your public approval they were probably doing the right thing because kids want a reaction, if they don't get one they stop doing it.

• Like 4

Yeah because creating an impression for strangers around is certainly more important than actually doing the right thing.

If your kid is having a strop in public and crying crocodile tears than giving them a reaction is really not the way to go. So while the parent might not have scored a hit with your public approval they were probably doing the right thing because kids want a reaction, if they don't get one they stop doing it.

I understand what you're saying, but to do nothing?

If it were mine I'd have taken them out of the shop at least, it was deafening.

It was around that point me and mine said to each other "We just don't take them shopping".

I'll go or the wife can go when the other one's at home with the kid. 

+ that girl was around 4/5 so she really should have known better.

Can't wait until my baby boy is born in January!! :D

I'm 27 (I think you're slightly older?) and since my wife has found out (she's 22 weeks into pregnancy now, so just over half way), I've been asking myself the same thing!

Apparently, it's completely natural to feel that, most people do, especially because out of my friends circles and people I know, I'll be about the 4th person having a kid (not including the moms at school who were 16/17/18/19 when they had their first/second).

(soz dolan)

I just don't want them.

It's not like "Oh no I'm not mature enough or responsible enough to handle it".

Just the more I think about it the less I want them. Certainly not for a while anyway

(yeah, I'm 28)

I understand what you're saying, but to do nothing?

If it were mine I'd have taken them out of the shop at least, it was deafening.

It was around that point me and mine said to each other "We just don't take them shopping".

I'll go or the wife can go when the other one's at home with the kid. 

+ that girl was around 4/5 so she really should have known better.

No offence intended, but whatever you think you know about being a parent or what you think you will do you don't and you won't. :)

Ignoring it, however annoying that might be to you or others is the right thing to do. 

Not taking your kids to the shops in case they kick off is not the right thing to do, you will make a rod for your own back and create a bigger problem.

My boy is approaching 2, he doesn't kick off now because we ignored it the few times he tried it. We've friends who didn't take their kid to a shop(ping) until he was 5 and now they can't do a thing with him because he has never learned to tolerate it.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â