Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Not sure why this pisses me off, as these people are really nice. I'm friends with a family on FB and they have a weird thing they do, for example when the sister talks about her brother (they are late twenties) she calls him brother Dan, then when he talks about her, he calls her sister Sue... they have a little brother and he (when the mum says he has done something) calls them brother/sister their names.

It's weird. Not sure why it annoys me.

They're Serial Killers.

It all sounds a bit Norfolk to me.  

Not sure why this pisses me off, as these people are really nice. I'm friends with a family on FB and they have a weird thing they do, for example when the sister talks about her brother (they are late twenties) she calls him brother Dan, then when he talks about her, he calls her sister Sue... they have a little brother and he (when the mum says he has done something) calls them brother/sister their names.

They're Serial Killers.

Nah, that would be husband Dan and wife Sue. ;)

They're Serial Killers.

Nah, that would be husband Dan and wife Sue. ;)

and their 'sex festival' ... :P

• Like 1

I like dress-down Friday, it eases us into the weekend nicely.

Basically... Monday to Thursday are work days, Friday is the day that you are the least productive, and spend the day talking about what you're doing over the weekend.

But I do agree... this is why banks are a load of shit.

:D

As a matter of interest, what percentage of the workforce dress down on Fridays? 

If you mean in my workplace, there are roughly 150 people, including senior managers. Only 2 or 3 people come wearing normal Monday to Thursday-wear on a Friday. They're not even the senior people, they're just older people who like to look smart. So... in a way, they are the senior people :D... But not in a business sense!

What percentage is that? 98.5%? I dunno, that's just a random guess.

I like dress-down Friday, it eases us into the weekend nicely.

Basically... Monday to Thursday are work days, Friday is the day that you are the least productive, and spend the day talking about what you're doing over the weekend.

But I do agree... this is why banks are a load of shit.

:D

As a matter of interest, what percentage of the workforce dress down on Fridays? 

I honestly just want to wear shorts & flip flops to work. If I have to meet somebody fair enough I can have a suit in the office and change if needs be.

If you mean in my workplace, there are roughly 150 people, including senior managers. Only 2 or 3 people come wearing normal Monday to Thursday-wear on a Friday. They're not even the senior people, they're just older people who like to look smart. So... in a way, they are the senior people :D... But not in a business sense!

What percentage is that? 98.5%? I dunno, that's just a random guess.

Thanks!

Knowing that those who do not comply belong to an identifiable sub-group, is excellent.  :)

Suit and flip flops? I can't see that working. Unless your office is on the beach.

No shorts & flips flops, but if I do have to meet someone I can throw on a suit and shoes.

I was pulling your leg ;)

You said that you'd like to wear shorts and flip flops, but then have a suit in your office to change into, if needs be.

Suit and flip flops? I can't see that working. Unless your office is on the beach.

No shorts & flips flops, but if I do have to meet someone I can throw on a suit and shoes.
I was pulling your leg ;)

You said that you'd like to wear shorts and flip flops, but then have a suit in your office to change into, if needs be.

I thought you were but the lack of a wink makes it hard to pick up the sarcasm. :) In my office the women can wear pretty much what ever. Joke! :(

We have dress down Fridays and i'm not keen on it either. I'm more productive in a suit.

Do you think your morale would improve if you were wearing shorts n flip flops, no socks!

We have dress down Fridays and i'm not keen on it either. I'm more productive in a suit. 

you wear a suit in the Eden club do you ;)

Not for long!  :P

Being awoken at 2am by blaring fire alarms.  They were the communal alarms in the hallways (why oh why can't I afford a house :().  Got down outside where everyone was gathering.  Someone said they could smell smoke (nobody else could).  10 mins later the Fire Brigade turn up.  They couldn't find anything.  Turned off the alarm and told everyone safe to go back in.  Just got back to bed, starting to doze off again and the bloody things go off again.  10 minutes later 2 fire engines turn up.  10 minutes after that, fire alarms are turned off and I trapsed myself back to bed again (this was now about 5am). Took a look at my phone and my alarm was set for 06:15. Gggrrrr!

Spoke to the concierge today and he blamed dodgy sensors in the basement. 

Being awoken at 2am by blaring fire alarms.  They were the communal alarms in the hallways (why oh why can't I afford a house :().  Got down outside where everyone was gathering.  Someone said they could smell smoke (nobody else could).  10 mins later the Fire Brigade turn up.  They couldn't find anything.  Turned off the alarm and told everyone safe to go back in.  Just got back to bed, starting to doze off again and the bloody things go off again.  10 minutes later 2 fire engines turn up.  10 minutes after that, fire alarms are turned off and I trapsed myself back to bed again (this was now about 5am). Took a look at my phone and my alarm was set for 06:15. Gggrrrr!

Spoke to the concierge today and he blamed dodgy sensors in the basement. 

Student halls?

Â