Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

what if the sun is out and its 80 degrees outside  , would you really want to be in a suit  ?

Trick question, I live in England.

Suits aren't just to impress though. You don't go to a funeral to impress people, do you? :lol:

It makes people take things more seriously. Like CVB says, if someone is in bootcut stonewash jeans and shit running trainers they clearly don't give a shit.

true , i always prefer my builders and plumbers in a suit  :)

• Like 3

I see Shillz and Arte essentially said what I was typing in my last post before me.

Kind of like school, if everyone wears the same uniform people won't get picked on for what they wear. In work if everyone is in work attire nobody is going to take an opinion bob is lazy because he picked up the clothes off his floor he was gardening in yesterday and came to work in them when Bill is wear a rather nice suit.

yeah i'd be pissed off having to wear a suit Mon to Thurs as well

the rule is simple  .... good at your job wear what you want otherwise wear a suit  ...... suits are for funerals and weddings only

It's not often that I side with Tony but I do on this.

I think my real problem is with ties, though, so I would ban them (other than a bow tie with a dress shirt and DJ) which ought, obviously, to make the wearing of a jacket obsolete.

Not sure why this pisses me off, as these people are really nice. I'm friends with a family on FB and they have a weird thing they do, for example when the sister talks about her brother (they are late twenties) she calls him brother Dan, then when he talks about her, he calls her sister Sue... they have a little brother and he (when the mum says he has done something) calls them brother/sister their names.

It's weird. Not sure why it annoys me.

Not sure why this pisses me off, as these people are really nice. I'm friends with a family on FB and they have a weird thing they do, for example when the sister talks about her brother (they are late twenties) she calls him brother Dan, then when he talks about her, he calls her sister Sue... they have a little brother and he (when the mum says he has done something) calls them brother/sister their names.

Freaks! The lot of em!

In my early days in IT/education, suits and ties were de rigeur. Oddly, I used to quite like it, for the same reason I never minded wearing a school uniform - it gave me something to change out of, and into my 'real me' clothes when I got home. It delineated the work and off-duty worlds quite nicely. 

In latter years, everybody went into work dressed casually, but I still felt I had to change into some other casual gear when I got home. 

My factory worker dad had the same thing in reverse - worked in dirty overalls, came home and felt he had to put on smart clothes (sometimes even a tie) before he could relax. Same principle. 

• Like 2

Karen Brady made a life peer. :puke:

So much pissed offedness on so many levels.  

:puke: (Hey you can turn emoticons into hyperlinks!!

_76817367_peercomp.jpg

Continue reading the main story Related Stories

Football boss and Apprentice TV show star, Karren Brady, is among 22 new peers announced by the government.

Ms Brady will take a seat on the Conservative benches in the House of Lords alongside former Marks & Spencer chief Sir Stuart Rose.

Other new working peers include former MEP and EastEnders actor Michael Cashman, who will become a Labour peer.

There are 12 new Tory peers, three new Labour ones, six Liberal Democrats and one DUP member of the Lords.

Conservative donor Ranbir Singh Suri is also being lined up for a seat in the Lords. The jewellery tycoon and his company have given more than £300,000 to the party since 2006.

The peers are nominated by the party leaders but are vetted by the independent House of Lords Appointments Commission.

The full Conservative list is:

• Karren Brady, vice-chairman of West Ham FC and senior non-executive director of the Syco and Arcadia brands
  • Martin Callanan, former Conservative MEP for North-East of England
  • Carlyn Chisholm, co-chairman of the Conservative candidates committee
  • Andrew Cooper, former Conservative Party director of political operations, founder of pollsters Populus
  • Natalie Evans, director of the New Schools Network, the charity advising groups on how to set up free schools
  • Michael Farmer, founding partner of RK Mine Finance group, trustee of the Kingham Hill Trust and Conservative Party treasurer
  • Dido Harding, chief executive of TalkTalk Telecom Group PLC
  • Arminka Helic, government special adviser on preventing sexual violence in conflict zones
  • Nosheena Mobarik, businesswomen, founder of the Scotland Pakistan Network
  • Sir Stuart Rose, former chief executive and chairman of Marks & Spencer
  • Joanna Shields, digital adviser to David Cameron, chairwoman of Tech City UK
  • Ranbir Singh Suri, businessman, formerly general secretary of the Board of British Sikhs
The new Labour peers are:
  • Michael Cashman, former MEP for West Midlands MEP, former actor
  • Chris Lennie, former deputy secretary general of the Labour Party
  • Dame Gail Rebuck, chairman of Penguin Random House UK publishers
The new Liberal Democrat peers are:
  • Chris Fox, PR director at GKN engineering and former Lib Dem chief executive
  • David Goddard, former leader of Stockport Council
  • Barbara Janke, former leader of Bristol City Council
  • Kath Pinnock, former leader of Kirklees Council
  • Paul Scriven, former leader of Sheffield City Council
  • Dr Julie Smith, senior lecturer in international relations in the Department of Politics and International Studies (POLIS), Cambridge University
The Democratic Unionist Party has nominated William Hay MLA, the Speaker of the Northern Ireland Assembly, who has chosen to sit on the crossbenches. Edited by Eames

My factory worker dad had the same thing in reverse - worked in dirty overalls, came home and felt he had to put on smart clothes (sometimes even a tie) before he could relax. Same principle. 

i guess that makes sense  , i could never work out when I used to visit my grand-dad as a kid why he would be sitting around at home in a suit at a weekend  , could well be he had the same sorta outlook

I like dress-down Friday, it eases us into the weekend nicely.

Basically... Monday to Thursday are work days, Friday is the day that you are the least productive, and spend the day talking about what you're doing over the weekend.

But I do agree... this is why banks are a load of shit.

:D

They're Serial Killers.

• Like 1

This should piss me off but this is the best place for it... some arsehole has put a dent in the side of my car, no note, no apology, nothing. 

I once hit scraped another card by accident and left a note and fully paid up for damages, it's so annoying when other people are just dicks.

No idea when it happened either as it's on the passenger side. grrrr....

Edited by PieFacE

The dress codes in factories used to be quite strict and gradations of rank were all indicated: brown overall for unskilled, blue for skilled and white for foremen.

You could even see the same gradation of rank in management, although it was a lot more subtle: coloured shirt and sports-jacket for first tier staff, then suits of increasing quality and white shirts for 'managers' (all with ties of course).

All perfectly Veblenesque to an egregious degree.

The indications of rank were shown in ever possible way, from the way tea was served, to how toilets stalls are constructed, to the type of toilet-paper, soap and towels.

It was all about control.

It always struck me that lower rank workers actually deliberately dressed down, with their travelling-to-work-clothes, so not to challenge the hierarchy.

Changing your clothes after work is divesting yourself of the identity enforced on you by the workplace.

Â