Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

how can a 6 month old make you proud? tell me how he makes you proud? Has he acted as intermediary between Hammas and the Israeli government, or has he merely gurgled and slept through until 5am???

Its a hard thing to explain unless you have kids but my 16week old daughter makes me as proud as my nearly 4 year old does - its just a different set of expectations. Number 1 writing her own name or spelling stuff makes me proud. Number 2 holding her head up for the first time or laughing makes me proud. It won't do in 4 months or so but the criteria constantly change.

If any of that makes sense.

26 year old daughter, I appreciate parental pride but should we have it for mundane things?

Well I think so.... but I wouldn't plaster it all over FB either.

Facebook really is full of bollocks

Yeah, but you can trim the bollocks out if you want.

I have...that was off my missus' page :)

How did that capitalisation thing start? It's bloody everywhere. How did it even happen?

It comes from people too stupid to know which words to capitalise and which not so they do them All.

• Like 1

FACEBOOK MOMMY.

facebook mommy
  1. One who is a worthless mom in real life but posts photos of them with their kids like; #lovemybabies #kidsaremylife
  2. A mom who spends 5 hours a night at the club, 10 hours a day asleep, 4 hours a day working, 2 hours a day shopping/eating/drinking coffee with her girls, an hour and a half showering and getting dressed, and 30 minutes with her kids taking "usies" and posting to facebook using hashtags such as: #mylife #allaboutthem #allday #mommasangel
"Girl did you see Becky on Facebook with her kid?"

"Yeah girl, we had just come home from the club when she took it! We were so wasted!"

"Yeah she's a total facebook mommy!"

I have a fair few of these in my friends list. They're also newly obsessed with wine so there's usually an update or two every day with some munter staring at me with a glass of wine in their hand. WINNNNEEEEEEEE I DRINK WIINNEEEE

Oh god yes. That is so annoying. A photo of a glass of wine with caption like "don't mind if I do" or "been one of those days".

**** Mom-bore is at it again

rKE30DA.jpg

The capitalisation is annoying enough, even worse when you know she's a teacher.

Never mentions the father in any status updates, obviously not much bedroom action going on anymore

Damn just remembered she's a Villa fan...hope she doesn't read this forum :)

Whats wrong with that? My brothers girlfriend had a similar status on the 30th July. I don't see anything wrong to be honest.

Aside from the disgraceful capitalisation, I assume that this isn't a one off and the person that posted this continually posts about their baby and live their lives through them. #babybore

Edited by Wainy316

how can a 6 month old make you proud? tell me how he makes you proud? Has he acted as intermediary between Hammas and the Israeli government, or has he merely gurgled and slept through until 5am???

Its a hard thing to explain unless you have kids but my 16week old daughter makes me as proud as my nearly 4 year old does - its just a different set of expectations. Number 1 writing her own name or spelling stuff makes me proud. Number 2 holding her head up for the first time or laughing makes me proud. It won't do in 4 months or so but the criteria constantly change.

If any of that makes sense.

26 year old daughter, I appreciate parental pride but should we have it for mundane things?

Pics or GTFO.

• Like 2

I have no problem with parents being proud of their children. The problem I have is when they plaster it on all of their social media accounts. What is the purpose of this? You could argue that most posts on Facebook or tweets on Twitter serve no purpose either, and that is true and also annoys me unless they're informative or funny.

I just think babybores are a lot more common. People need to realise that most of the people on their friends list couldn't care less if little Tommy did a solid poo for the first time. What makes it more annoying is the **** people (usually women) who comment on this status supporting it which encourages them to post more inane bullshit about their kids I don't give a shit about.

Needless to say, a good 95% of the people I knew from school who are on my Facebook and have had kids now have their status updates blocked. Hell, even my brother is on that list. I didn't mind it at first as she's my niece, but he's one of the worst offenders of babybore I've ever witnessed.

• Like 1

I'm 26, definitely not ready to have a kid yet. Like, mid-30's would be a good age I think, once I'm settled into a nice house and career and everything.

You'll never be "ready". Trust me.

• Like 1

I'm 26, definitely not ready to have a kid yet. Like, mid-30's would be a good age I think, once I'm settled into a nice house and career and everything.

You'll never be "ready". Trust me.

I guess not, but I can be better prepared at least.

I've waited until I've thought I'm ready.  Totally understand what Eames is saying though, even though it was a planned pregnancy, you never quite ready yourself for the news! :) 

Can't wait to meet the little thing now though, got a little bit of decorating to do, but we're mostly ready for him/her.  Going to find out what it is on the 20 week scan on Aug 28th :D

**** Mom-bore is at it again

rKE30DA.jpg

The capitalisation is annoying enough, even worse when you know she's a teacher.

Never mentions the father in any status updates, obviously not much bedroom action going on anymore

Damn just remembered she's a Villa fan...hope she doesn't read this forum :)

Whats wrong with that? My brothers girlfriend had a similar status on the 30th July. I don't see anything wrong to be honest.

Aside from the disgraceful capitalisation, I assume that this isn't a one off and the person that posted this continually posts about their baby and live their lives through them. #babybore

Yes.

Along with selfies in the bog and pictures of alcohol

I have no problem with parents being proud of their children. The problem I have is when they plaster it on all of their social media accounts. What is the purpose of this? You could argue that most posts on Facebook or tweets on Twitter serve no purpose either, and that is true and also annoys me unless they're informative or funny.

I just think babybores are a lot more common. People need to realise that most of the people on their friends list couldn't care less if little Tommy did a solid poo for the first time. What makes it more annoying is the **** people (usually women) who comment on this status supporting it which encourages them to post more inane bullshit about their kids I don't give a shit about.

Needless to say, a good 95% of the people I knew from school who are on my Facebook and have had kids now have their status updates blocked. Hell, even my brother is on that list. I didn't mind it at first as she's my niece, but he's one of the worst offenders of babybore I've ever witnessed.

Well said.

It's like the women who post "oh noooooo" or "worst day ever" to try and solicit a  "what's up hun XX?" reply or twenty and loads of sympathy.

• Like 1

Â