Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Woot, dismissed, no jury duty!

It was funny for a minute there, because the judge came in to give his good government speech, and referenced King George. Blank stares around the room.

Being back in Istanbul after a great weekend in Sofia.

Man,  that place is cheap. Me and my friend went to a really nice restaurant yesterday afternoon and the bill came to 50lev (£20). This included 2 starters, a Caesar salad, pork fillets, a mushroom risotto and 3 beers each. And this, according to my friend was expensive for Sofia. 

I went cycling around the city on a rented bike for 2 days at a cost of £4 per bike for 48hours. That included, locks, lights, and insurance. Such a beautiful city and I was astounded at the level of English, nearly everyone spoke it. I've not seen such a level since Germany.

Plus, it was summer so the parks were full of people drinking beer and enjoying spontaneous free entertainment that was popping up everywhere. 

On a slightly odder note. My friend is an architect and she took me round a mall she co-designed. It was unfinished and I didn't want to cry about elf and safffety but man alive, I was shitting myself as we were walking through unfinished cinemas and shops. 

Another thing...beer everywhere. Even Costa Coffee sold beer. 

Downside was, there were two humongous storms whilst I was there, and I had to cycle 7 miles back to the apartment in one of them. Smacked my knee on an unseen bollard.

Going back in two weeks... 

Sounds fantastic mate, trying to organise a weekend away for September with a couple of mates. Sofia was on the list,alongside Bucharest and Istanbul. 

It was funny for a minute there, because the judge came in to give his good government speech, and referenced King George. Blank stares around the room.

Elaborate, please. 

Elaborate, please. 

He was saying that under the Crown, colonists had no inherent right to trial by jury, and that by participating in jury duty, we were honoring the Constitutional rights that we fought for, blah blah blah

Man, that place is cheap. Me and my friend went to a really nice restaurant yesterday afternoon and the bill came to 50lev (£20). This included 2 starters, a Caesar salad, pork fillets, a mushroom risotto and 3 beers each. And this, according to my friend was expensive for Sofia.

I went cycling around the city on a rented bike for 2 days at a cost of £4 per bike for 48hours. That included, locks, lights, and insurance. Such a beautiful city and I was astounded at the level of English, nearly everyone spoke it. I've not seen such a level since Germany.

Plus, it was summer so the parks were full of people drinking beer and enjoying spontaneous free entertainment that was popping up everywhere.

On a slightly odder note. My friend is an architect and she took me round a mall she co-designed. It was unfinished and I didn't want to cry about elf and safffety but man alive, I was shitting myself as we were walking through unfinished cinemas and shops.

Downside was, there were two humongous storms whilst I was there, and I had to cycle 7 miles back to the apartment in one of them. Smacked my knee on an unseen bollard.

Sounds fantastic mate, trying to organise a weekend away for September with a couple of mates. Sofia was on the list,alongside Bucharest and Istanbul.

If you come to Istanbul give me a shout. I'll suck you off.

Istanbul. BOOKED. 

• Like 1

Man, that place is cheap. Me and my friend went to a really nice restaurant yesterday afternoon and the bill came to 50lev (£20). This included 2 starters, a Caesar salad, pork fillets, a mushroom risotto and 3 beers each. And this, according to my friend was expensive for Sofia.

If you come to Istanbul give me a shout. I'll suck you off.

Istanbul. BOOKED.

Xela. SUCKED.

• Like 2

The look of confusion / bemusement / out right disgust, when telling people at work I'm going to see Durham Brass Band play tomorrow night, with British Sea Power.

"Really?" Yes, really. Why not? 

"Wow, weird." Not even close to being the weirdest gig I've been to.

"Random." Just **** off, and while you're doing it, learn the correct meaning of random!

Changing the meaning of literally marked the beginning of the end for me, though I suppose I could probably trace it back to when The Hills first came out. Shitty fake reality TV shows have just snowballed from there. I used to love MTV but they've really screwed everyone now.

Although being a bit of a random change that is literally and epic update.  Innit.

Changing the meaning of literally marked the beginning of the end for me, though I suppose I could probably trace it back to when The Hills first came out. Shitty fake reality TV shows have just snowballed from there. I used to love MTV but they've really screwed everyone now.

What really?  So what does literally, literally mean now?

Edited by Wainy316

Yup, it means either, which is **** ridiculous.

If people didn't frown on grammar nazis so much, we'd never have gotten to this ridiculous tipping point in the decline of society. I honestly feel that in general we are getting more and more stupid with each passing generation. Maybe that's just the way everybody feels when they start getting towards thirty though.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â