Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Thinking about work tomorrow... I know its going to be a manic day as its the last day of the half year. Dreading it. 

People who don't thank you for opening a door/keeping a door open for them.

Proper bad manners that.

This x 1,000.

I usually go for the loud and sarcastic 'Thank you!' or the slightly more aggressive 'You're **** welcome...'.

I held a door open for some woman one time who responded with " im perfectly capable of opening my own door "

Some people are just a waste of oxygen ,

This is modern feminism - it's kind of a stock response from somebody with a constant 'victim complex.' From a man's perspective, the closest comparison I can give is in reference to some of Sol Campbell's rants.

the sun headline today

"school fury as a 7 year old boy does a suarez"

**** off

i bet they've spent every minute of every day since the bite searching the country for that bullshit bit of "news" utter garbage

LOL - The Sun newspaper... the 'family' newspaper on a crusade for family values and so very in touch with modern Britain. So very family oriented that is has a page 3 'tits out' picture pretty much every day... And they then have the temerity to name and shame various 'pervs.'

Yes, I sometimes have a quick look through my mate's copy - the sport section is quite a quick read, and being a red blooded male, give page 3 the once over too. But I would never buy it and would never allow it in my house.

I was so glad when News Of The World got itself caught out and closed down. Hopefully, the current bun will follow suit in due course. The crassest of crass gutter press red top jizz.

The only part of the News of the World that was closed down was the name. There's a Sunday Sun now, isn't there?

pretty much and more proof of what's wrong with the twitter brigade imo

they jump on a band wagon and then forget 5 minutes later  , too busy moving onto the next bandwagon I guess

What's that got to do with the "Twitter brigade"?

It was their outrage and boycott campaigns that resulted in the news of the world being shutdown... If I recall the tipping point was that they hacked and deleted voicemail messages on Milly Dowlers phone giving false hope to the family ... As reported in the guardian

Only it then turned out that whilst they HAD hacked the phone they hadn't actually deleted the messages

And then a few months later the paper reopens in all but name and they've all moved on whilst they wait to be told what to hate next

Edited by tonyh29

You should of ordered the right size for yourself then rob, its no good them guessing what size you are then you moaning when they get it wrong. For Future reference tell them what size you are next time.

You should of ordered the right size for yourself then rob, its no good them guessing what size you are then you moaning when they get it wrong. For Future reference tell them what size you are next time.

I think he means they've not put the size he ordered in the box, mate.

• Like 1

It was their outrage and boycott campaigns that resulted in the news of the world being shutdown... If I recall the tipping point was that they hacked and deleted voicemail messages on Milly Dowlers phone giving false hope to the family ... As reported in the guardian

Only it then turned out that whilst they HAD hacked the phone they hadn't actually deleted the messages

And then a few months later the paper reopens in all but name and they've all moved on whilst they wait to be told what to hate next

To be clear, that's not actually accurate . . . it 'turned out' that there was no way to prove one way or the other whether it was the hacker, or whether the messages were deleted by someone else, or by an automatic-message deletion system. 

To be clear, that's not actually accurate . . . it 'turned out' that there was no way to prove one way or the other whether it was the hacker, or whether the messages were deleted by someone else, or by an automatic-message deletion system. 

so to be clear they hadn't actually deleted the messages , which was what I said

Edited by tonyh29

Yeah, because hacking a dead girl's phone is acceptable as long as you don't delete the messages.

think you are missing my point whilst trying to make yours

the outrage wasn't about them hacking the phone , that had been known for months (  even years )

the campaign was after the Guardian broke the "deleted messages "  story that turned out to be false 

the point I was making was following on from Mikes post about the paper re-opening 

great they managed to get  a newspaper shut down only for the same one to re-open a few weeks later   ... and life carries on as normal  , the Sunday Sun will still be the same rag upto the same tricks

might just as well take out the Taliban and then let a new Islamic fundamentalist political movement group called Balitan take over the following week

Edit:

small point but other than Levi Bellfield nobody knew she was dead at that time  .. so they were hacking a "missing girls "phone  , indeed as it turned out they were even playing the messages to Surrey police so quite possibly aiding the investigation with police knowledge / consent  ... far as I'm aware Surrey police haven't been shutdown , better get that twitter campaign started ....

Edited by tonyh29

I blame Stephen Fry.

So do I, for most things in life that can't reasonably be pinned on Liebour anyway, which isn't much, but still.

And he does seem to be primarily responsible for the rush to call the Union Jack, the Union Flag, which really pisses me off, but probably shouldn't.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â