Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Oh god, cyclists and the Tour de **** ing France. 

Ever since the Yorkshire Grand Depart was announced, the roads around here have been filling up far, FAR more than usual with Wiggins wannabes who insist on cycling the route - in the midst of all the motor traffic. 

It's a nightmare, and somebody will die before too long. 

Same happened here with the Giro d'Italia. Middle aged blokes in colourful lyrca everywhere. Grim.

There are few things funnier in the world than fat men peddling away in lycra bicycle suits

Same happened here with the Giro d'Italia. Middle aged blokes in colourful lyrca everywhere. Grim.

There are few things funnier in the world than fat men peddling away in lycra bicycle suits

Us fat men can't win, we either get pilloried for being fat lazy slobs, or get mocked when we don our Lycra and try to shed a few pounds.

Disclaimer: I own no Lycra. And I'm not really that fat. Honest.

Cyclists

Been out and about today and the traffic periodically grinds to 10 mph cause some fat bloke in Lycra is cycling down 50mph roads when there is a cycle lane running next to the road that none of them use

If you want to be Bradley Wiggins piss off to France and cycle up a mountain

Not wishing to dilute the dislike of envirocycling supremacists but we also have to give an honourable mention to the driver in the ford fiesta / citroen c2 / daihatsu miivi that thinks their car is wider than the lorry that just passed the cyclist with ease.

Now we all have to wait for Mr/Mrs shit driver to pluck up the courage (usually just as a traffic island approaches) to squeeze passed with only a few metres to spare.

*past* :P

Cyclists

Been out and about today and the traffic periodically grinds to 10 mph cause some fat bloke in Lycra is cycling down 50mph roads when there is a cycle lane running next to the road that none of them use

If you want to be Bradley Wiggins piss off to France and cycle up a mountain

Not wishing to dilute the dislike of envirocycling supremacists but we also have to give an honourable mention to the driver in the ford fiesta / citroen c2 / daihatsu miivi that thinks their car is wider than the lorry that just passed the cyclist with ease.

Now we all have to wait for Mr/Mrs shit driver to pluck up the courage (usually just as a traffic island approaches) to squeeze passed with only a few metres to spare.

*past* :P

No I think Passed is correct in this instance  .... if you have used a verb indicating motion already, then it will be partnered with past and not passed , but I'm not seeing any motion verb in that sentence

Edited by tonyh29

In Tony's defence, I think he may have been looking at the first use of "passed", where it is used correctly. So, happily, everyone is correct! Apart from Chris.

Edited by stwefano
  • Like 1

In Tony's defence, I think he may have been looking at the first use of "passed", where it is used correctly. So, happily, everyone is correct! Apart from Chris.

until you'd written this I hadn't even noticed the second "passed"  ... mind you I'd have probably go that one wrong had I seen it :blush:

but I agree we are all winners ........ except for Chris

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â