Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

When you're watching a saucy scene in a movie and you start tuggin' away and your friends look at you all weird instead of joining in.

luckily for me I had mates that thought it was perfectly normal to toss off together.

McVities-digestive-006.jpg

• Like 3

You know what really gets my goat, the North American thing (which is now expanding everywhere) of giving kids surnames for first names. It makes me genuinely angry for no good reason, because almost EVERYONE does it. What the hell is wrong with first names for first names you crazy gits?!

• Like 2

You know what really gets my goat, the North American thing (which is now expanding everywhere) of giving kids surnames for first names. It makes me genuinely angry for no good reason, because almost EVERYONE does it. What the hell is wrong with first names for first names you crazy gits?!

Tryfan_mountain_goats.jpg

Carter, Hadley, Tyler, are examples I can think of.

The worst one though is 'Wayne', spelt incorrectly.

Is Wayne your first or surname?

Neither

Neither

Interesting, it's your middle name.

Neither

Interesting, it's your middle name.

I never got one. Always wanted 'Percy' as a kid :(

A very quick Mooney has answered my question, Chris ;)

At least you're not another Richard.

A very quick Mooney has answered my question, Chris ;)

At least you're not another Richard.

chris is a lovely name

• Like 1

Good point, well spotted. 

It seems to work like: 

10 = perfect

9 = excellent

8 = pretty good

7 = OK 

6 = mediocre

5 = poor

4 = very poor 

3, 2, 1, 0 = unspeakably awful 

When it should be: 

10 = pefect

9 = nearly perfect

8 = excellent

7 = very good

6 = good

5 = OK

4 = a bit below par

3 = not very good

2 = pretty poor

1 = very poor

0 = awful 

Halliwell's (the film guide) has a good scoring system.

Around half of films get zero stars. They say that these films might be watchable but are also at least equally missable

One star for a film with some promise but mostly dross

Two stars for a good level of competence and an entertaining film

Three stars are for excellence

and Four stars are for a film outstanding in many ways or a milestone in cinematic history.

I like it because it groups the average films under one banner. Why bother separating mediocrity. Do you really want to know if a film is poor or awful?

We do seem to have far too many Richards in here. If it helps, I don't like the name Richard at all, though it does mean strong and powerful leader.

I just go by Rich, but the 'chuh' from Rich clashes with the 'stuh' from the start of my surname. Woe is me.

Richard is an old man's name. Could be worse though, I could have a shit name like... I dunno, Danny. Not even Daniel, just Danny, though I don't know who on earth would call their kid just Danny and not Daniel.

Otto is a daft name too isn't it? It's a palindrome sure, but it's a bit naff.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â