Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Giving ".5" marks in marks out of 10 (eg 8.5/10)

Why not just mark out of 20 and do away with the .5s?

Point 5 marks don't annoy me as such, but I don't like the way marks out of 10 tend to work.

6 out of 10 represents below average, 7 average and so on. It would be far more useful if we could reclaim 5 to be the new 7, giving us a greater range of appreciation.

Giving ".5" marks in marks out of 10 (eg 8.5/10)

Why not just mark out of 20 and do away with the .5s?

Point 5 marks don't annoy me as such, but I don't like the way marks out of 10 tend to work.

6 out of 10 represents below average, 7 average and so on. It would be far more useful if we could reclaim 5 to be the new 7, giving us a greater range of appreciation.

Good point, well spotted. 

It seems to work like: 

10 = perfect

9 = excellent

8 = pretty good

7 = OK 

6 = mediocre

5 = poor

4 = very poor 

3, 2, 1, 0 = unspeakably awful 

When it should be: 

10 = pefect

9 = nearly perfect

8 = excellent

7 = very good

6 = good

5 = OK

4 = a bit below par

3 = not very good

2 = pretty poor

1 = very poor

0 = awful 

• Like 2

I remember when the 1978 World Cup was taking place and a group of lads decided to host their own version of it at our local park.

There were going to be 16 teams with 2 people on each, and the matches would be 10 minutes a half. It was all done with much enthusiasm including posters (lettering drawn with stencils and felt tip pens and some of the worst proportioned footballers you've ever seen) and most of the moms chipping in with bottles of watered down, warm orange for after the matches.

Anyway, I had drawn Brazil as my team and was pretty impressed with my luck, going as far as getting my mom to buy me a yellow T-Shirt from Woolworths. 

So, the day arrived and I was ridiculously excited. Polished up my Gola boots and made my way to the park.

Unfortunately, a couple of the players decided to pull a McGrath and I was informed (about 10 minutes before my match was starting) that my team mate had gone on holiday to Blackpool for a week (**** you Adam Willetts!) so I would be facing West Germany alone.

West Germany were a few years older than me (I was 7 at the time) and considerably bigger, but despite all that going against me I managed to keep the score down to 13-0.

But hey, at least I lost to the eventual winners (one half of West Germany ended up in prison years later) and I got my warm orange drink after the match.

Jumpers for goalposts indeed. 

Let it go son, let it go.

• Like 1

When it should be: 

10 = pefect

9 = nearly perfect

8 = excellent

7 = very good

6 = good

5 = OK

4 = a bit below par

3 = not very good

2 = pretty poor

1 = very poor

0 = awful 

on our surveys we use a 9 point scale ,  ( 9 -1 ) not dissimilar to what you've listed ...it's based on some rather in-depth and boring reasons that I wont go into 

I remember when the 1978 World Cup was taking place and a group of lads decided to host their own version of it at our local park.

There were going to be 16 teams with 2 people on each, and the matches would be 10 minutes a half. It was all done with much enthusiasm including posters (lettering drawn with stencils and felt tip pens and some of the worst proportioned footballers you've ever seen) and most of the moms chipping in with bottles of watered down, warm orange for after the matches.

Anyway, I had drawn Brazil as my team and was pretty impressed with my luck, going as far as getting my mom to buy me a yellow T-Shirt from Woolworths. 

So, the day arrived and I was ridiculously excited. Polished up my Gola boots and made my way to the park.

Unfortunately, a couple of the players decided to pull a McGrath and I was informed (about 10 minutes before my match was starting) that my team mate had gone on holiday to Blackpool for a week (**** you Adam Willetts!) so I would be facing West Germany alone.

West Germany were a few years older than me (I was 7 at the time) and considerably bigger, but despite all that going against me I managed to keep the score down to 13-0.

But hey, at least I lost to the eventual winners (one half of West Germany ended up in prison years later) and I got my warm orange drink after the match.

Jumpers for goalposts indeed. 

we done the same for the 94 world cup. it was always brazil v Italy though. I was always dunga.

Why doesn't Essex just **** off?! The orange faces, ostentatiously dressed, shit music loving, stupid accented, borderline learning difficulty having, UKIP voting word removeds!

I take it you're not a big fan of David essex

Ba-dum-tss

Edited by Meath_Villan
  • Like 2

I do really like Germany actually. Learnt a little of the language, spent quite a few summers there in the past (cheap holidays bunking up in spare accommodation at various RAF complexes). 

Used to stay at one place fairly close to the border and we would regularly pop across to De Eftling (if that's what it's called?) after being woken up stupid early by German Star Fighters taking off and landing over and over again.

De Efteling !

loved it, but looking at google images it doesn't look like it's changed much in 20 / 30 years

Logo_Efteling.jpg

Edited by chrisp65

When you're watching a saucy scene in a movie and you start tuggin' away and your friends look at you all weird instead of joining in.

luckily for me I had mates that thought it was perfectly normal to toss off together.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â