Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My age pisses me off. Not because i'm too old, but because I'm too young.

I've been listening to the Pixies lately and love them. All my favourite bands are from the late 80's & 90's (Smiths, Joy Division, Nick Cave, PJ Harvey, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins etc... ) and I really wish I was 26 in 1993 rather than in 2014. It sucks bad. Must have been so exciting back then with new music. 

I'm 26 in November would have been nice to see Villa win the League & European cup.

I've been listening to the Pixies lately and love them. All my favourite bands are from the late 80's & 90's (Smiths, Joy Division, Nick Cave, PJ Harvey, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins etc... ) and I really wish I was 26 in 1993 rather than in 2014. It sucks bad. Must have been so exciting back then with new music. 

I'm 26 in November would have been nice to see Villa win the League & European cup.

Oh it was, it was.  :D

• Like 1

I can't stand the pixies or smashing pumpkins. I find the early nineties a very depressing era for music. I got nirvanas nevermind album when it came out and played it to death. That album spoke to me a lot at that present time. Nirvana as a whole were well overrated, alice in chains and soundgarden were better. As for the t shirt craze I think its been fasionable for a while to wear a band t shirt. I remember seeind some lad in the pub in a zep t shirt, they are my favourite band with the sabs so straight away I had a mate. It turns out he knew nothing about them, that pissed me off a bit but fasion is fasion I suppose. The best thing about the early nineties were GNR, but they were so self indulgent it was shocking.

• Like 1

I can't stand the pixies or smashing pumpkins. I find the early nineties a very depressing era for music. I got nirvanas nevermind album when it came out and played it to death. That album spoke to me a lot at that present time. Nirvana as a whole were well overrated, alice in chains and soundgarden were better. As for the t shirt craze I think its been fasionable for a while to wear a band t shirt. I remember seeind some lad in the pub in a zep t shirt, they are my favourite band with the sabs so straight away I had a mate. It turns out he knew nothing about them, that pissed me off a bit but fasion is fasion I suppose. The best thing about the early nineties were GNR, but they were so self indulgent it was shocking.

You mean like this:

Inxs were at their peak in the early nineties. The bands I really liked from that period were GNR,inxs and faith no more. I got into the madchester stuff also but that was very hit and miss. Ozzy osbourne made one of his best albums in the early nineties and metallica started to change their style. The black album was a good album but a lot more commercial than their previous stuff. Megadeth released some decent stuff in the early nineties also. The 80s for how bad it was at times was a lot more fun in terms of music.

The music is there for you to discover though, not matter your age. It's still exciting to hear that song or album, that makes you go "wow", for the first time. Doesn't matter if it was recorded in 1964 or 2014, you're still going to get the same buzz. Plus the fact that you're alive now, and have the technology we do, means you have all the information and back catalogue available at the click of a mouse, and you get to talk to older people like us, about them too.

it was alright, then the indie wars* happened and dance remixes, every **** was doing it so bands you loved, suddenly pronounced that they always had a dance element to their sound, some of it good, some bad. Look at the gap between ivy ivy ivy and loaded from primal scream, beloved went from a resolutely indie sounding band to a dance band, soup dragons, even the brilliant corners put out a dance remix, the parachute me, the candyskins, it was horrible at one time, you couldnt move for dance remixes. Pixies and Nirvana didnt though, that said jack pepsi by tad or touch me I'm sick pisses on anything nirvana did.

*Indie wars was a reference fanzines used at the time to talk about this period of the abundance of dance mixes.

• Like 1

I wish I was alive to have watched the moon landings. Aside from that I wouldn't swap now for any other time.

Yeah, that WAS good. I was 15, and I stayed up all night for Apollo 11. I felt like I was witnessing the single most important event in the history of mankind. 

Now it's just an historical footnote or a conspiracy theory/joke, which saddens me.

I wish I was alive to have watched the moon landings. Aside from that I wouldn't swap now for any other time.

Yeah, that WAS good. I was 15, and I stayed up all night for Apollo 11. I felt like I was witnessing the single most important event in the history of mankind. 

You probably were witnessing the biggest single moment of modern man.

Other great events weren't really single moments, like electricity, internet, etc...

I think the only moment that could ever top the moon landings would be our first contact with an intelligent alien species.

Even landing on Mars wouldn't have the same impact as landing on the moon, even though it would be the first time a human would have stepped on another planet.

Would have loved to have seen it, though i guess it wasn't in 3D widescreen 4k 7.1 sound?   :P

Ron Vlaar admits he'd love to lift a major trophy with Villa

What an incredible piece of journalism from the VP team. Also, a great look into the mind of the modern day footballer. Who'd have thought it? Club captain would like to win a trophy. Incredible. Lets get that Season Ticket ordered.

Now it's just an historical footnote or a conspiracy theory/joke, which saddens me.

ah the old conspiracy theory. I watched some programe which was trying to prove it was faked.

off the top of my head - 

A whole decade of the cold war / vietnam war starting to boil over, the troubles starting in Ireland, che guevara in latin america 

61 - berlin wall

62 - cuban missile crisis

63 - martin luther king jr speech 

63 - JFK assasination

66 - world cup

66 - china revolution 

69 - moon landing

not sure how much of it actually got coverage here but it must have been an exciting / scary time

The best thing about the 1960s and 70s was not the music or landing on the moon, it was the fact that this country had a government which decided not to conscript young men and send them to Vietnam.

It is hard to say how close the country came to sending its boys into that meat-grinder, but I am sure it was considered by some at the time.

off the top of my head - 

A whole decade of the cold war / vietnam war starting to boil over, the troubles starting in Ireland, che guevara in latin america 

61 - berlin wall

62 - cuban missile crisis

63 - martin luther king jr speech 

63 - JFK assasination

66 - world cup

66 - china revolution 

69 - moon landing

not sure how much of it actually got coverage here but it must have been an exciting / scary time

Yes, all of that. I was only a kid, but the ones that stuck me as real biggies were the Kennedy assassinations, the World Cup, Vietnam and the moon landing. All to a soundtrack of Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Hendrix, etc.  

The Villa weren't much cop, though. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â