Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I just decline all meetings with anyone who isn't my immediate line manager now. Everyone else is just told to email me and I get back to them at my own pace rather than sitting in an hour long meeting with 2 and a half minutes of productive conversation.

Most of the timewasting and ill-thought out questions don't get asked when the question-askers have to go to the effort of typing up what's on their mind. Or maybe they do, just to someone else. Either way is fine.

• Like 1

People that extend briefings because they love the sound of their own voices.

"So we're going to the moon with a spoon. Here we go..."

"So the moon is where we're going and we're taking a spoon, yeah?"

"Yes"

"Yeah, because we're going the moon, ain't we? And we're bringing a spoon, because, the moon is where we're going, and, we're taking a spoon"

Some other idiot: "A spoon is what we're taking to the moon, it makes sense, it makes sense, I agree, I agree with the whole thing"

"Just shut up."

DISCLAIMER: This has nothing to do with nursery rhymes and was not the actual words spoken.

But you get the gist.

the-rock-eyebrow-o.gif

• Like 1

What kind of freaky nursery rhymes were you told as a kid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQDTNrC6lQ

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ShHWnrCrE

I just decline all meetings with anyone who isn't my immediate line manager now. Everyone else is just told to email me and I get back to them at my own pace rather than sitting in an hour long meeting with 2 and a half minutes of productive conversation.

Most of the timewasting and ill-thought out questions don't get asked when the question-askers have to go to the effort of typing up what's on their mind. Or maybe they do, just to someone else. Either way is fine.

Normally I work on my own and that suits me fine :) But today I had a big long day of silliness with other people involved.

81388-Little-Babys-Ice-Cream-Ad-gif-IEhR

I needed that guy today :D Scare people in to shutting up, if it had been his spoon they may not have been as keen.

No. Don't post that. Never again.

Eugh.

WHY IS HE DOING THAT?!?!

Spoony makes us all post it.

the-rock-eyebrow-o.gif

....Is this you just using my post as an excuse to post another wrestling gif?

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 2

Anyone got any anger relief methods, I am shaking and literally losing my sheet right now.

I got asked to change my shifts to sort out some stuff for work for next Monday after I'd been trying to get documents reviewed for months but kept getting held off by management.

I left files for review on their desk 2 **** weeks ago and despite that got this call over the weekend. So I swap my shifts to help out had a meeting yesterday and then finished the final copies today with all the information they wanted printed and binded.

Go to them for a signature, the docs get looked over and they say they want a completely(and I mean word instead of excel) different style for 3 of the documents.

When told that I'd sent the docs 2 weeks ago and they could have sent that over email he says that he personally hadn't read them.

**** off **** right off. I don't even work in your department I was doing you a **** favour you bellend.

#livid

Edited by jjaacckk91

Work is nothing to get too emotionally invested in. In a few years time when you look back on things you're proud of and what you wish you'd done differently, some inconsequential bullshit reports aren't going to be coming to mind.

Do your hours, collect the money, and worry about things that matter.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â