Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

When I booked Sri Lanka last year I told the TA I wanted to see elephants in the wild  ( there is a annual migration called imaginatively " gathering of the elephants "  as wild events go it's sorta up there in the worth seeing stakes ) .. they came back with the suggestion of an elephant sanctuary where we could have our pictures taken and ride one   ... I moved onto another Travel agency

I'll be honest though elephants are a bit meh , even if we did see over 200 of them in the wild at the gathering

I think animal conservation is a good thing  ,IF the animals are treated well and protected ... but chaining a tiger to a stick for photo's is deplorable

As far as I can tell, the elephant thing we're doing looks ok and legit. If you google it it has almost unanimously good things written about it. So I'm hoping it's not bad.

I'd still rather not do it to be honest.

... I don't really care what happened to that aeroplane that went missing...I'm just not that interested in the armature conspiracy theories....

You must have a core of iron, or be very tightly wound, then, not to take an interest in such current affairs  :). Events are motoring along apace.

Thanks Pete, not just me then!  For a second it crossed my mind that it was me being a thicko and that my long held belief that it was "arm chair" was wrong.......

On Topic in its entirety.

Conspiracy Nuts, zealots and chronic over-reactors.

You get far more sense in the Religion Thread.

It's absolute bullshit isn't it?

For all the people that take the piss out of RAWK or Red Cafe, if people gave VillaTalk some serious attention we'd be a laughing stock.

Trouble is, just like arguing with zealots or Conspiracy nuts there is no reasoning with them.

The notion that AVFC is a "great club" is laughable, they look at "7 League titles" most of which won before indoor toilets became the norm and assume we should be winning the League. That pisses me off too.

People who moan about "On Topic" in this thread, like it gives their opinions (which are just as strong as the people they're condemning, they're just of the opposite viewpoint) extra credibility and validity.  It doesn't I'm afraid chaps.

• Like 3

The look of disgust I got when I told my workmates I don't really care what happened to that aeroplane that went missing. I care about the loss of human life obviously, but I'm just not that interested in the armature conspiracy theories, and "bloke in the pub said" stories about what people think happened, without actually doing any research on the matter. One idiot tried to tell me it flew into space ffs!

There has to come a time when you move on. This doesn't affect me directly as far as I'm aware so I really am not interested anymore.

Life's hard enough without constantly worrying about other people's dead relatives.

99.9% of events in the world don't affect you directly .. does that mean you just ignore them ?

I sorta see where you are coming from , I have zero interest in what celebs are on what diet or shagging who ... but this story has that element of mystery that keeps me interested .. yeah there are some bonkers theories but it's still a story of human interest even if you aren't directly involved   ( personally as regular flyer I'd also like to know that it isn't a flaw in a 777 airframe , suicidal pilots I can live with as they must be 1 in a few million and i like those odds )

... I don't really care what happened to that aeroplane that went missing...I'm just not that interested in the armature conspiracy theories....

You must have a core of iron, or be very tightly wound, then, not to take an interest in such current affairs  :). Events are motoring along apace.

Damn you spell checker, making me look like a chump in front of all my cool VT mates! ;)

I don't know what it is about this story though. I just have so little time for it. Honestly, I think I may be some kind of freakish prototype cyborg (one that's been programmed badly obviously, who makes typos).

• Like 1

What do you expect?  ALL football websites are the same, when teams are performing at or above expectations, things are mostly calm and friendly, when they're not it's the exact opposite.  Of course you always get the odd nutjob however well or badly the team is doing, but overall, Villa fans have to put up with some right old shite for the last four years, so expecting them not to be anything other than pissed off about it isn't exactly realistic. 

• Like 1

What do you expect?

What thread are we in?

ALL football websites are the same, when teams are performing at or above expectations, things are mostly calm and friendly, when they're not it's the exact opposite.

I know. I said as much

Of course you always get the odd nutjob however well or badly the team is doing, but overall, Villa fans have to put up with some right old shite for the last four years, so expecting them not to be anything other than pissed off about it isn't exactly realistic.

Again, you seem to be of the opinion that I was only referring to the people who are pissed off. I'm not.

What do you expect?

What thread are we in?

ALL football websites are the same, when teams are performing at or above expectations, things are mostly calm and friendly, when they're not it's the exact opposite.

I know. I said as much

Of course you always get the odd nutjob however well or badly the team is doing, but overall, Villa fans have to put up with some right old shite for the last four years, so expecting them not to be anything other than pissed off about it isn't exactly realistic.

Again, you seem to be of the opinion that I was only referring to the people who are pissed off. I'm not.

Oh well if you mean the nutjobs who still support Lambert, then I completely agree with you! ;)

What do you expect?

What thread are we in?

I know. I said as much

Oh well if you mean the nutjobs who still support Lambert, then I completely agree with you! ;)

Like I said, everyone :)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â