Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'm blaming it on an individual. A bit harsh to hang the whole country because of one jobsworth, tempting as it is.

Nah it's how America works ... Least how their immigration department does... The passport people are fine once you actually get there

Those Match.com adverts! Every single champaign irritates the shit out of me. The latest offering is with 'James' the northerner.

"Me work keeps me busy during t'week and on the weekends, I'm normally playing rugby so it's hard t' meet people".

Oh! Do you work 120 hour weeks then, and on the weekends, do you leave your house at 00:01hrs on Saturday and play rugby until midnight on Sunday!?

I know it's only an advert, but some smug advertising exec in East London has decided that we should all be convinced that we're way too busy to meet people what with working and sometimes doing stuff.

How has the human race survived for this long without the convenience of Match.com!? Have people only ever worked part time and not had any hobbies!? Why didn't the human race die off before the invention of the internet!

I know a few people who have tried Match.com over here, and without exception they've been paired with somebody they already know.  I have to ask them what's the point, when they can just nip along to the one or two decent bars in Douglas and bump into them on a Friday night anyway.

Those Match.com adverts! Every single champaign irritates the shit out of me. The latest offering is with 'James' the northerner.

"Me work keeps me busy during t'week and on the weekends, I'm normally playing rugby so it's hard t' meet people".

Oh! Do you work 120 hour weeks then, and on the weekends, do you leave your house at 00:01hrs on Saturday and play rugby until midnight on Sunday!?

I know it's only an advert, but some smug advertising exec in East London has decided that we should all be convinced that we're way too busy to meet people what with working and sometimes doing stuff.

How has the human race survived for this long without the convenience of Match.com!? Have people only ever worked part time and not had any hobbies!? Why didn't the human race die off before the invention of the internet!

I know a few people who have tried Match.com over here, and without exception they've been paired with somebody they already know. I have to ask them what's the point, when they can just nip along to the one or two decent bars in Douglas and bump into them on a Friday night anyway.

Shouldn't one or two of them jump across the water to the mainland and water down the gene pool a bit ... Might stop future generations on the I of M having webbed feet and 6 toes

I am an accountant, and (probably as a result) am quite often bored.

I can confirm that I have never had a desire to cure this boredom by fannying around on a bike.

^^ as a cyclist I concur wholeheartedly.

Single file only and ride considerately.

The ones that run around in peletons on 30+ thinking they're Eddy Mercyx can just **** off. The whole cycling comminity is rife with try-hards and pretentious bellends.

• Like 2

I can confirm that I have never had a desire to cure this boredom by fannying around on a bike.

Define "fannying around"?

I cycle to the gym. It means that by the time I get there I am sufficiently warmed up. This is efficient.

2 days a week I cycle to the train station, I have sideburns and sometimes me trousers are a little snug, on these days I imagine most people think there goes Wiggins, unfortunately its Lizzy Wiggins.

“Cycling is fine if you’re going on a legitimate journey, but if you’re just pointlessly ‘testing yourself’ against a group of similarly bored accountants it would be really good to keep that to a designated facility.

“You know those oval-shaped tracks you see on the Olympics, the ones that are designed for, and used exclusively for, bike racing?

“Well, you can book one for an hourly rate, it’s quite affordable if everyone in a group chips in.”

Car driver Emma Bradford said: “Horse riders can be a bit frustrating but at least the horse fraternity knows better than to do the Grand National on the A46.

“I find cycle race people rather hard to like, except the fat one who’s miles behind all the others, I feel sorry for him and admire his tenacity.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/roads-not-a-velodrome-2014040385379

• Like 1

“I find cycle race people rather hard to like, except the fat one who’s miles behind all the others, I feel sorry for him and admire his tenacity.”

This will keep my smiling until home time.

I cycle to the gym. It means that by the time I get there I am sufficiently warmed up. This is efficient.

depends if you then run on a treadmill  :P

Argos!  I bloody hate it!  I have to look through a pissy book and then 9 times out of 10 the item you want is not in stock.  They never have more than 2 of anything in anyway which is asking for it.  Hope they're next to go bust.

Argos!  I bloody hate it!  I have to look through a pissy book and then 9 times out of 10 the item you want is not in stock.  They never have more than 2 of anything in anyway which is asking for it.  Hope they're next to go bust.

I legitimately thought they already had gone bust. What possible advantage is there to Argos over shopping online?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â