Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The stance of not liking fruit at all always puzzles me.

There's such a huge variety of tastes, textures, smells etc that it seems weird to me. But maybe that's because I pretty much like all fruit.

But in my mind its like saying "I don't like drinks"

I agree. I'm not a huge fan of sweet things generally, but fruit I can do. More than do, I like it. Can't beat a smoothy on a hot day. Give me that over a pint.

Veg can be a struggle, but surely it's essential in a lot of foods for both flavour and texture? For example, how on earth is a roast a roast without veg to break up the meat and potato?

The stance of not liking fruit at all always puzzles me.

There's such a huge variety of tastes, textures, smells etc that it seems weird to me. But maybe that's because I pretty much like all fruit.

But in my mind its like saying "I don't like drinks"

I agree. I'm not a huge fan of sweet things generally, but fruit I can do. More than do, I like it. Can't beat a smoothy on a hot day. Give me that over a pint.

Veg can be a struggle, but surely it's essential in a lot of foods for both flavour and texture? For example, how on earth is a roast a roast without veg to break up the meat and potato?

That is incredibly ghey.

Too much fruit isn't that great for you*

The nicest fruits have lots of sugar which isn't very good for you, even if it is fructose which is one of the better sugars.

It's balanced out by the fact that there's lots of other good stuff in there that you need.

The only really bad things you can eat are cakes, sweets, crisps, etc. Crap sugary food with no redeeming qualities.

Apart from that, you need to eat as many different types of foods that you can. A bit of everything. You know if you're meant to eat it or not by working out if cavemen would have been able to eat it. Highly refined sugars are not one of those things.

* purely personal opinion. In fact, my whole post is.

The nicest fruits have lots of sugar which isn't very good for you, even if it is fructose which is one of the better sugars.

It's balanced out by the fact that there's lots of other good stuff in there that you need.

The only really bad things you can eat are cakes, sweets, crisps, etc. Crap sugary food with no redeeming qualities.

But....they make me feel better for a second or two after rejection from family, friends...etc...

:(

But....they make me feel better for a second or two after rejection from family, friends...etc...

And then you get fat and sad and no-one likes you because you become introverted and less confident.

• Like 1

Crisps are basically potatoes and vegetable fat so you can safely eat as many as you like.  :thumb:

Only thing preferable to a pint is 2pints. The only thing preferable to 2pints is 4pints... and so on and so on... till we get to 8pints. 

And then what happens?

We get a kebab, and go home to listen to some Inner Circle records. 

• Like 2

Apart from that, you need to eat as many different types of foods that you can. A bit of everything. You know if you're meant to eat it or not by working out if cavemen would have been able to eat it. Highly refined sugars are not one of those things.

* purely personal opinion. In fact, my whole post is.

Anything refined or altered by man is inherently bad for you. Maybe not strictly true of course, but if you live by that rule you can't go wrong.

Crisps piss me off. I like them a lot, but there's absolutely nothing of use to me in them.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â