Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

One hot afternoon I was enjoying the sun with a big carton of apple juice when I read on the box that "200ml = 1 of your 5-a-day" so I thought "if I drink all of this, that takes care of everything" so I downed it and it gave me the runs instead.  :thumb: 

• Like 2

Have the food experts decided whether eggs are healthy or not yet?

They contain protein, fat and a little sugar. Will they do contain cholesterol, they do not cause an increase of cholesterol in the body other than by the usual ingestion of the fat. The production chain will always mean a reasonable probability of salmonella 

Too many will be bad for you. Eating them when they are old (unless cooked through) might be bad for you. Otherwise, they are fine. Unless you are pregnant, then you must always cook them through.

It's best to trust scientists, not "food experts".

• Like 2

Living in a house share, it's a good way to make friends and meet new people. But sometimes I just want to come to peace and a tidy kitchen and bathroom. Grrrr

Sounds like you need a shed.

I could eat 5 fruit a day but have to go out of my way to do it. I don't like any veg at all. 

Once we get a bit better weather I will resume my juice diet. Apple, then a bunch of vegs like beetroot, celery, spinach, cucumber, carrot etc thrown into a juicer, then drink. Takes about 5 minutes, job done.

Living in a house share, it's a good way to make friends and meet new people. But sometimes I just want to come to peace and a tidy kitchen and bathroom. Grrrr

Sounds like you need a shed.

A prison cell would work as well, but I don't think that's what he's looking for...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Doesn't sound too bad that, Andy, I think I'll give it a shot.

Today my fruit/veg intake consisted of a slice of tomato and some onions. On a burger.

F-, must try harder.

Juices do, smoothies don't though, do they?

The NHS page on the matter says they might count as more than one, depending on how it's made, presumably to cover their back in the case of shite smoothies you get in shops. If you're blending fresh fruit+veg at home without anything added to it, why would it be any worse than eating them individually?

The stance of not liking fruit at all always puzzles me.

There's such a huge variety of tastes, textures, smells etc that it seems weird to me. But maybe that's because I pretty much like all fruit.

But in my mind its like saying "I don't like drinks"

The NHS page on the matter says they might count as more than one, depending on how it's made, presumably to cover their back in the case of shite smoothies you get in shops. If you're blending fresh fruit+veg at home without anything added to it, why would it be any worse than eating them individually?

I've not got time to look it up right now, but I'm pretty sure that the fibre is an important part of the process. As long as you preserve that, you'll probably be okay.

I've not got time to look it up right now, but I'm pretty sure that the fibre is an important part of the process. As long as you preserve that, you'll probably be okay.

Yep. The juice is generally sweetened and concentrated. Just extracting the juice from something is taking away lots of the goodness.

If you blend stuff it's fine. Just try and get as many different colours in there as possible.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â