Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 questions on eggheads, one after the other on geography, the first question to the egghead

"Nuneaton is close to which of these cities - Bath, Sheffield or Coventry?"

Fairly easy, id imagine 9/10 people would get that right, let alone a quiz master

Second question to the amateur

"the nevsky prospect" is in which City, Gdansk, st Petersburg or odessa

I disagree. I'd wager that quite a few non-Midlanders wouldn't have a clue where Nuneaton is. And Nevsky Prospekt is a pretty famous street in one of the world's iconic cities (St. Petersburg). 

Not much to choose, I'd say. 

Whilst I'd say Jim's estimate of 9/10 people is too high, I'd agree with his general point that a hell of a lot more people are going to know where Nuneaton is than where Nevsky Prospekt is.

2 questions on eggheads, one after the other on geography, the first question to the egghead

Fairly easy, id imagine 9/10 people would get that right, let alone a quiz master

Nevsky Prospect is fairly famous so I would still expect 90% of people to know its St Petersberg tbh

And certainly someone that goes on a TV quiz show

to be fair id have got that too but his point remains valid, that show is fixed as ****, you'll get 2/3 questions per episode where the egghead seems to get a guesser (ie doesnt know the answer but has a high chance of getting it right with an educated guess) where the contestant will get something that you'll either know or have absolutely no chance with

Nevsky Prospect is fairly famous so I would still expect 90% of people to know its St Petersberg tbh

i think expecting 90% of people to know that is very VERY ambitious.

I, for one, have never heard of it.

• Like 3

you come in the 10% part then :)

tbh I'd expect 99% of the 10 % to guess St Petersburg from the 3 options as well

I'm a walking database of useless information and of course I've also been there but I thought it was as famous as Oxford street or 5th avenue

I'm pretty glad to be able to talk about this (as I might find kindred spirits) but my anxiety has been ramped up to all sorts of levels over Christmas. Don't know what has affected me so badly but I haven't had a break in about 10 days. Pisses me off how the mind can just completely **** with you.

you come in the 10% part then :)

tbh I'd expect 99% of the 10 % to guess St Petersburg from the 3 options as well

I'm a walking database of useless information and of course I've also been there but I thought it was as famous as Oxford street or 5th avenue

Exactly. It's a quiz program. The sort of people who go on it are more likely to be trivia buffs like me and Tony. 

In general though, I agree that Eggheads often seems to give the challengers a tough question (much tougher than the example above), and the Eggheads an easy one - i.e. my gut feeling is that it's fixed. 

However, I have a mate who's been on the show, and his team beat them. He insists it's NOT fixed, but then I suppose he would! 

I fancy having a crack at it myself, but so far haven't persuaded my teammates. 

I didn't know the Nevsky Prospect so put me in the smaller Venn of quizzers who didn't know. I'm with Stevo on that though. Expecting 9 out of 10 passers-by on the high street to know that question is not going to happen :)

As for fixed. The quizzer picks the order the questions are asked. I find that the 2nd set (normally the egghead set) of questions are harder and that a quiz team who choose to go 2nd tend to get beaten more quickly.

• Like 1

I didn't know the Nevsky Prospect so put me in the smaller Venn of quizzers who didn't know. I'm with Stevo on that though. Expecting 9 out of 10 passers-by on the high street to know that question is not going to happen :)

As for fixed. The quizzer picks the order the questions are asked. I find that the 2nd set (normally the egghead set) of questions are harder and that a quiz team who choose to go 2nd tend to get beaten more quickly.

I disagree. I'd always go second.

Which probably suggests we're both wrong, and it's random.

Another moan about shit drivers.

Pulling up to parallel park on a one way street. I indicate and go past the space so I can reverse in. The woman behind me goes right up my arse. So I just start reversing. I get the brother of all dirty looks when I've parked.

Useless drivers are bad enough but when they act like you're in the wrong :D

• Like 1

Another moan about shit drivers.

Pulling up to parallel park on a one way street. I indicate and go past the space so I can reverse in. The woman behind me goes right up my arse. So I just start reversing. I get the brother of all dirty looks when I've parked.

Useless drivers are bad enough but when they act like you're in the wrong :D

Always the women, innit ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â