Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Yammers sound like medieval peasants. Brummies sound thick. There's a massive difference.

Rule of thumb. Ask them to say the word "you". 

Brummie - rhymes with "go". 

Yamyam - rhymes with "cow". 

Works every time. 

Yammers sound like medieval peasants. Brummies sound thick. There's a massive difference.

Eh?

Not in the Brum I grew up in. My own accent has been bastardised by London almost beyond recognition (still midlands based but not brummie IMO) though so maybe I just can't "hear it". I'll see when I go back home.

Yamyam - rhymes with "cow". 

Works every time. 

So you sounds like 'yo' from a brummie? I just don't hear that. Or have I misunderstood?

I've lived in Birmingham all my life and it rhymes with 'goo' not 'go' in my opinion.

Ah, but ask a Brummie to say "go", and he'll say "goo". 

Edited by mjmooney

Airport/plane etiquette (or lack thereof).

I did a return trip to Edinburgh yesterday and encountered:

* on calling passengers needing extra time to board, this appears to be the signal for everyone to join the queue

* despite there being a 1 bag limit on carry-on, most people appear to think that three is the minimum acceptable pieces of luggage required (and that's before they've been shopping) and then they complain bitterly at the lack of space in overhead lockers

* the obligatory fight for armrests

* even though we all know it's a bit of a nonsense rule, several people around me flagrantly texting and emailing throughout the flight but then hiding the phone every time a member of cabin crew walks past

* the chorus of seat belts being unclicked the second the plane hits the Tarmac

* the rush for people to get up and block the aisles as soon as we've stopped at the gate

When did the world lose its manners and consideration?

With the proposed rule to allow the use of mobile phones inflight coming soon, it will just make it even worse. 

Edited by Xela

* on calling passengers needing extra time to board, this appears to be the signal for everyone to join the queue

* despite there being a 1 bag limit on carry-on, most people appear to think that three is the minimum acceptable pieces of luggage required (and that's before they've been shopping) and then they complain bitterly at the lack of space in overhead lockers

* even though we all know it's a bit of a nonsense rule, several people around me flagrantly texting and emailing throughout the flight but then hiding the phone every time a member of cabin crew walks past

* the rush for people to get up and block the aisles as soon as we've stopped at the gate

With the proposed rule to allow the use of mobile phones inflight coming soon, it will just make it even worse. 

It's bad enough on trains. They should have 'quiet planes'.

I'd pay a premium to not have dickheads talking loudly on their phones, children, or miscellaneous gobshites on my flight.

Violate the quiet rule, and you get dumped out of the door, possibly with a parachute.

Edited by Davkaus

Fairly sure the BA city airport to New York flight does already (its a business class only flight ) ... I've made it a point not to ever fly it for exactly that reason, can you imagine 60 billy big bollocks on their phones the whole journey

Suits using mobile phones on planes will be the trigger for the class war. At last.

Tbf the only people who wear suits on a plane are those trying to blag an upgrade so the class war will have to start elsewhere ...

Suits using mobile phones on planes will be the trigger for the class war. At last.

Tbf the only people who wear suits on a plane are those trying to blag an upgrade so the class war will have to start elsewhere ...

A suit is a suit, no matter what he's wearing.

AustinDumbJC.jpg

We're not all bad. I wear a suit, but don't feel the need to get on the mobile and "talk business" loudly out and about. If I need to do that, I'll do it at home where nobody has to listen to crap nobody else cares about.

I don't wear a suit, but I do need to talk business on the go. I guess I'm part of phase two when the revolution comes (aside from the fact I intend to be leading it).

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â