Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Scotland.

The entire population pronounces Glasgow "Glaasgo", and everybody else is expected to pronounce it "Glasgo", or be accused of being wannabe Scottish.

And another thing: Pronouncing it the correct (non Scotsperson) way sounds crap. Who would call their city that?

image_03a67cce77.jpeg

Being asked to sponsor people for having a 'dry January'. If you want my money do something worthwhile, not just stop drinking for a month

A poster in A&E. It started out innocently enough "Are you under 18?" then took a patronising turn "u can c ur medical records" "young people = 100% respect" something else including the 'word' - 'b4'.

Not all under 18s are morons.

• Like 1

Being asked to sponsor people for having a 'dry January'. If you want my money do something worthwhile, not just stop drinking for a month

If the incentive was to increase funds for a charity, couldn't they just commit themselves to give the amount they saved by binning the booze to charity?

If the purpose of the request is to keep them on the straight and narrow, shouldn't they just give you a free pass to slap them around a bit/sleep with their partner if they trip up during their declared month of abstinence (as well as committing their savings to charidee)?

If the incentive was to increase funds for a charity, couldn't they just commit themselves to give the amount they saved by binning the booze to charity?

If the purpose of the request is to keep them on the straight and narrow, shouldn't they just give you a free pass to slap them around a bit/sleep with their partner if they trip up during their declared month of abstinence (as well as committing their savings to charidee)?

I agree with your first point. As for the second point, I wouldn't want to sleep with their partner as he really isn't my type.

• Like 1

Scotland.

The entire population pronounces Glasgow "Glaasgo", and everybody else is expected to pronounce it "Glasgo", or be accused of being wannabe Scottish.

And another thing: Pronouncing it the correct (non Scotsperson) way sounds crap. Who would call their city that?

What???? 

I've never heard anybody pronounce it "Glaasgo" ! 

Glaz-go (or, as Hitz says, the wannabe Scots would say "Glaz-gee"). 

I suppose southern Englanders may say "Glaas-go", but that would just be as silly as calling a bath a "barth" (cue Tony in 3... 2... 1... ) 

Scotland.

What???? 

I've never heard anybody pronounce it "Glaasgo" ! 

Glaz-go (or, as Hitz says, the wannabe Scots would say "Glaz-gee"). 

I suppose southern Englanders may say "Glaas-go", but that would just be as silly as calling a bath a "barth" (cue Tony in 3... 2... 1... ) 

There's so much wrong with this post I don't know where to start :)

Everyone in Scotland pronounces it Glaaz-go, and pronouncing it Glaz-go is offensive to the ear.

And I'm afraid that southern English pronunciation is the correct worldwide pronunciation for the English language, even if Toryh29 says so :)

That the Number 1 game on "Charlie Brooker's 'How Computer Games Changed the World'" was

Twitter

I mean, it kind of made sense, and I know it was in chronological order as opposed to actually being in order of impact or anything like that. but I was still a bit annoyed

• Like 1

That the Number 1 game on "Charlie Brooker's 'How Computer Games Changed the World'" was

Twitter

I mean, it kind of made sense, and I know it was in chronological order as opposed to actually being in order of impact or anything like that. but I was still a bit annoyed

Yep. Me and my housemate, both thoroughly enjoyed the hungover trip down memory lane up until that point. I'm sorry, it doesn't count. I'm not having it. My reasoning is simple, how can it be a game when you're under no obligation to "play" whilst taking part?

Maybe it is to a few, but those few need taking out the back IMO.

Twitter

Yep. Me and my housemate, both thoroughly enjoyed the hungover trip down memory lane up until that point. I'm sorry, it doesn't count. I'm not having it. My reasoning is simple, how can it be a game when you're under no obligation to "play" whilst taking part?

I didn't see the show, but that would annoy me somewhat. I don't see how Twitter constitutes a game in any sense of the word? Apart from the daily dose of #replacesongtitlewithtits.

Twitter

I think it was very good to talk about it, and have it as a consequence of computer games. i.e. "here's an overwhelming piece of evidence as to how computer games have influenced modern life"

But to actually include it as a game itself was wrong, imo.

I'd also like to see a similar programme which looked at the best ever games, rather than just a chronological list of high impact games. As good as it was, there's plenty of incredibly important games that weren't mentioned (Zelda, Final Fantasy, any sort of sport game (apart from Pong I suppose), Portal etc etc )

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â