Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I absolutely agree about the people who swarm around the reduced stuff in tescos.

I was there last week, and one individual took it upon themselves to load the entire contents of the reduced aisle into their basket, leaving nothing for anyone else (even though there were people waiting).

I absolutely agree about the people who swarm around the reduced stuff in tescos.

I was there last week, and one individual took it upon themselves to load the entire contents of the reduced aisle into their basket, leaving nothing for anyone else (even though there were people waiting).

Someone did that when I was there once  .. they were selling those novelty birthday cakes reduced from £9.99 to 50p and this woman took all 8 of them  ... so when she left her trolley unguarded I made a point of taking 5 of them  out of and took them back around to the isle  ... keeping one for myself of course

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

Someone did that when I was there once  .. they were selling those novelty birthday cakes reduced from £9.99 to 50p and thus woman took all 8 of them  ... so when she left her trolley unguarded I made a point of taking 5 of them  out of and took them back around to the isle  ... keeping one for myself of course

She might have worked at an orphanage.

Aaaaaand I'm back! Had a lovely birthday at the weekend, but I have now been informed that I am no longer a Princess. Wah!

How much attention does one need?

is it for real or tongue in cheek though ...

At the Smithsonian in DC they have the Enola Gay and I took a picture and uploaded it saying "cool the Americans named a plane after a song by OMD"  .. one of my friends went off on a bit of a rant about me not knowing my history  :D

so somethings can clearly  just get lost in translation

• Like 1

Someone did that when I was there once  .. they were selling those novelty birthday cakes reduced from £9.99 to 50p and thus woman took all 8 of them  ... so when she left her trolley unguarded I made a point of taking 5 of them  out of and took them back around to the isle  ... keeping one for myself of course

She might have worked at an orphanage.

I left her 3 , they should be used to having to make do

• Like 1

At the Smithsonian in DC they have the Enola Gay and I took a picture and uploaded it saying "cool the Americans named a plane after a song by OMD"  .. one of my friends went off on a bit of a rant about me not knowing my history  biggrin.png

British deadpan/ironic humour. They never get it. 

Someone did that when I was there once  .. they were selling those novelty birthday cakes reduced from £9.99 to 50p and this woman took all 8 of them  ... so when she left her trolley unguarded I made a point of taking 5 of them  out of and took them back around to the isle  ... keeping one for myself of course

I'm fairly sure she can buy as many as she wants 

I'm fairly sure she can buy as many as she wants 

She can do, but it's a pretty selfish act.

I hate Facebook. But it's a necessary evil.

Are you sure you hate Facebook, or do you actually hate the people you've befriended on there? We have done this one a few times in the past, though it remains a good topic. Facebook holds up a mirror to the society you live in, if you hate Facebook then you need to get some more friends, or conduct a cull.

• Like 1

Are you sure you hate Facebook, or do you actually hate the people you've befriended on there? We have done this one a few times in the past, though it remains a good topic. Facebook holds up a mirror to the society you live in, if you hate Facebook then you need to get some more friends, or conduct a cull.

Can you really pick the friends you "befriend" on Facebook though? Because people might look at you funny if you refuse to "friend" them.

Can you really pick the friends you "befriend" on Facebook though? Because people might look at you funny if you refuse to "friend" them.

So let them look at you funny. I "friend" and "unfriend" on a regular basis (as many VTers will tell you). I fully expect people to do the same to me.

I'm not precious about it.

Who cares what people think... ;)

• Like 1

Absolutely, but then you run the risk of only getting 10 happy birthdays and subsequently tarred with the 'loner' brush.  ;)

• Like 1

Do that, and you end up suffering when you find yourself sitting beside the friend you "unfriend-ed" in class. :)

If you see them every day in class, you don't really need to FB them.

I had a work colleague (sits opposite me) send me a FB friend request and I refused. He seemed a bit miffed, but I explained as above.

• Like 1

Governmental Institutions for passing the buck.

Trying to get a sign erected on the gable wall side of my home to stop kids bike, scooter and skate board riding down the side of my property.

Contacted the local council and they then referred me to the Road Service who then tried to refer me back to the local council. F**k!*g idiots the whole lot of them.

I'm bloody turning into...

Victor+Meldrew.jpg

• Like 1

By buying produce from a shop ????......its a case of first come first served .......taking things out of someones trolly thats a bit ....

actually Tesco have a fair purchase policy ... so no it isn't

I'm comfortable with what I did  , she was a selfish so and so ... literally grabbed the lot about 3 seconds after the price reduction was made , wasn't like they had been there for 2 hours and people had been given a fair chance

Edited by tonyh29

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â