Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People's appreciation of what it takes to lose weight, in terms of calorie intake to calories burned.

I've been on a fairly extreme exercise programme for the last four months. In that time I have lost nearly four stone, just by swimming and cycling. I must have three or four people approach me every day and ask how I have done it. By working out more calories than you're shoveling in. Simple.

Try Ramadan, 3am until 9pm no water or food. Lasts for a month. Now that's impressive will power. Co worker is observing it and she forgot to get up at 3am to drink water.

Makes a mockery of the drinking session this weekend is gonna be for me with 2 mates over from Ireland.

Eat less + exercise more = lose weight.

Anybody who says they've tried it and it didn't work is LYING.

Harder for some people than it is for others, no?

People with no willpower, who lie to themselves you mean? Sure.

But I'd rather they were honest, and say: "I found it too hard, so I gave up, now I want an easier way". (There isn't one, of course).

But in my experience they don't say that, they claim that they did eat less, and did exercise, and yet somehow they didn't lose any weight. They are lying to themselves and others.

Aye observing a fast like that which will damage health is stupid. But you have to admire the commitment.

I find the fact that they can still work while observing Ramadan more impressive.

Some of my colleagues used to observe it at work in front of everyone and then drive a few miles away at lunchtime for a secret burger.  :)

Human nature. Same deal as the people lying to themselves about dieting.

Edited by mjmooney

People with no willpower, who lie to themselves you mean? Sure.

But I'd rather they were honest, and say: "I found it too hard, so I gave up, now I want an easier way". (There isn't one, of course).

But in my experience they don't say that, they claim that they did eat less, and did exercise, and yet somehow they didn't lose any weight. They are lying to themselves and others.

No I mean the old metabolism argument. I've seen fat people eat relatively little and still remain fat. Of course, if they went on an intense exercise regime (military training for instance) they would most definitely still lose weight, so the general principle holds - but it does seem that some people need to exercise more than others, or eat less than others, in order to achieve the same amount of weight loss.

How I hum or randomly sing random tunes. Not ones I've heard recently but total random stuff.

Fernando by ABBA, the Hungry Hungry hippos song from the ad for that early 90s table game. We Are The World, the American Live Aid song from the 80s. The French National Anthem.

Proper random stuff.

How I hum or randomly sing random tunes. Not ones I've heard recently but total random stuff.

Fernando by ABBA, the Hungry Hungry hippos song from the ad for that early 90s table game. We Are The World, the American Live Aid song from the 80s. The French National Anthem.

Proper random stuff.

That's pretty cool I do that too :)

Honestly.

That when I'm watching tv at night I've for some unknown reason developed a sub conscious habit of tucking the thumb on my left hand between the next two fingers.

As soon as I become aware I've done it irritates me instantly and feels really uncomfortable.

Yet sure enough I will do it again later in the evening.

Very odd, very annoying and really pissing me off.

So i got my first placement and I'm extremely excited, but the school I'm in isn't that great.

Everyone just keeps telling me it's an opportunity to be an outstanding teacher and show the terrible ones up.

Oh and it has a green uniform! Urgh

Edited by StefanAVFC

So i got my first placement and I'm extremely excited, but the school I'm in isn't that great.

Everyone just keeps telling me it's an opportunity to be an outstanding teacher and show the terrible ones up.

Look at it this way. There are going to be plenty of talented kids in there who are gonna go on and get good jobs and do well in life. Just because it's a poor area doesn't mean all the kids are gonna be bad eggs.

I grew up in 80s Ireland in North Dublin where nearly every house in Baldoyle was a council house. Had I don't know how many fights. Yet I turned out relatively successful.

There are loads of kids like me in schools now. The worst would be if teachers didn't bother because of the area.

So i got my first placement and I'm extremely excited, but the school I'm in isn't that great.

Everyone just keeps telling me it's an opportunity to be an outstanding teacher and show the terrible ones up.

Look at it this way. There are going to be plenty of talented kids in there who are gonna go on and get good jobs and do well in life. Just because it's a poor area doesn't mean all the kids are gonna be bad eggs.

I grew up in 80s Ireland in North Dublin where nearly every house in Baldoyle was a council house. Had I don't know how many fights. Yet I turned out relatively successful.

There are loads of kids like me in schools now. The worst would be if teachers didn't bother because of the area.

It's not a poor area. That's the thing.

Aye observing a fast like that which will damage health is stupid. But you have to admire the commitment.

Quite the opposite. The stomach is in constant use and it needs recovery time, so fasting is a good way of doing that. It improves the health, stomach and immune system if it is done properly.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â