Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Same.

The house I own would rent for £700-£750 a month. My mortgage is just over £600 (and set to go down in a couple of months)

I'd rather be paying a portion of my pay cheque every month towards that house than frittering it away by renting.

Not that there's much wrong with renting, I did it myself for a good few years as most of us will. But I got the house as soon as I could as it's a better investment.

Those aren't the only numbers though. How much do you budget for insurance and maintenance? I need a new roof this year which will come in at around £9000. If I rented, that wouldn't be my problem. Ditto for the new boiler the year before last or the central heating replacement last year. It's not as simple as rent vs mortgage payment.

I think it's a good investment if you can afford it, I'm just pointing out that there are other costs.

I was thinking of starting a thread on buying v renting. I guess there is no need now. I want to buy a house for the reasons already outlined, but I just don't have the funds at the moment. Plus in the next 3 years I am looking to emigrate when I will be 29, so is there any point buying a house here in the UK if I will leave in a few years time. Life gets so complicated once you finish uni.

Those aren't the only numbers though. How much do you budget for insurance and maintenance? I need a new roof this year which will come in at around £9000. If I rented, that wouldn't be my problem. Ditto for the new boiler the year before last or the central heating replacement last year. It's not as simple as rent vs mortgage payment.

I think it's a good investment if you can afford it, I'm just pointing out that there are other costs.

Yeah it's a fair point.

How big is your **** house rissworth!

Well, that includes the IOM rip off bastard builder premium (think of a quote from Manchester and double it), and that includes scaffolding as well.  That sort of stuff does really piss me off though.  I mean, if you spend money on an extension then you've got extra space, but repairing a roof, well, you've still just got a roof.

How big is your **** house rissworth!

Well, that includes the IOM rip off bastard builder premium (think of a quote from Manchester and double it), and that includes scaffolding as well.  That sort of stuff does really piss me off though.  I mean, if you spend money on an extension then you've got extra space, but repairing a roof, well, you've still just got a roof.

Buy a tub of Vaseline while your at it 

Isn't that the sort of thing building insurance covers?

If a tree falls through it, maybe.  If it's wear and tear in a house you've just bought, then no.

If a tree falls through it, maybe.  If it's wear and tear in a house you've just bought, then no.

If a tree falls through it and there's no one there to see it do you still get a pay-out? And does it make a sound?

• Like 1

If a tree falls through it and there's no one there to see it do you still get a pay-out? And does it make a sound?

as long as it makes a sound ....

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â