Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I don't see the point in remaking Carrie. The original was close to perfect as a horror film. Not exactly old, either.

I won't bother with the new one. Just like I didn't bother with the Let The Right One In remake. If it is done well, leave it. If a film had a great idea but shite execution, then remake it.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

I won't bother with the new one. Just like I didn't bother with the Let The Right One In remake. If it is done well, leave it. If a film had a great idea but shite execution, then remake it.

Which ironically also cast Moretz. She gets around.

Scrolling down facebook to find my sister has put my Guitar up for sale on some FB group, never informed me or anything. And she's only selling it for a fiver, don't think it cost

too much in the first place, but that's still not the point..

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I don't see the point in remaking Carrie. The original was close to perfect as a horror film. Not exactly old, either.

Yep, I have a vicious dislike of remakes and recently got dragged along to watch the new Evil Dead.

It genuinely made me angry, and not just because it was trying to remake perfection which was grating enough. I found it insulted the audiences intelligence and was above all incredibly lazy. It would have had more soul if they had spent the entire running time pouring red paint onto a few mannequins in a shed somewhere.

The only reason to watch the new version of Carrie would be Julianne Moore, because quite frankly she is the dogs bollox.

• Like 2

I might go off to the film thread and talk about things that piss me off .......

Or you could go over to the maps thread and talk about pumping iron and BMI.

• Like 1

I might go off to the film thread and talk about things that piss me off .......

Meow! Prompted by an obesity map ya big moaner :P (which in fairness has you in the right thread now :P)

Movie trailers that give away most of the plot and tell the story arc in a condensed format.

The best trailers are always the ones that leave you intrigued.

There is a really good article from the Guardian where one of their critics decided to review a movie based on the trailer to save herself from having to watch it. Some movie about car chases that wasn't Fast & Furious. Name escapes me. 

Speaking of things I hate. I really really fcking hated. Only Irish people could have experience of this. 

Lost the terrible tv show used to be on Mondays on RTE2. It was sponsored by lucozade. But before the episode starts while the logo for RTE2 is onscreen an irish person tells you what happens in the episode. Seriously. Like

"Jack has to kill one of the others, but Kate is caught. What will happen next. where is Sawyer" 

Telling you what fcking happens. WHY?? You are on the fcking channel you're abviously gonna watch the episode. 

I had to mute the tv, but the odd time I'd forget and they'd ruin the episode. 

Conor that is one thing that absolutely drives me mental. And it is not limited to LOST or RTE. Sky Atlantic still do it with the likes of Friday Night Lights. I'M ABOUT TO WATCH THE **** PROGRAMME. WHY ON EARTH WOULD I WANT YOU TO TELL ME WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN IN IT. Why are all TV channels so **** oblivious to the fact that they are spoiling their own programmes?

Meow! Prompted by an obesity map ya big moaner :P (which in fairness has you in the right thread now :P)

I know, and I'm a prime offender for going off-thread, too. I was only kidding.

I can't think of any reason to do it. But there must be some research done that this is like a mini trailer and that it will reduce the number of people who would change channel. It's the only reason I can think of.

But it does my absolute head in. Imagine before a Villa game someone saying, "will a bad pentalty decision against Villa break their spirits, or will the young team be able to fight back, find out next"

Trying to get you not to change channel

That doesn't add up though. Firstly, I'm sitting watching your channel waiting for a programme to begin. From an audience percentage-wise, I'm far far more likely to be on your channel for precisely that reason so I'm going nowhere and I don't need the blurb. Secondly, giving a spoiler-fest breakdown of this week's episode to a viewer who wouldn't normally watch the show and to whom the characters' names and the plot mean precisely nothing (as they're out of any context) is not really going to get you new viewers. I think it's just the TV producers filling dead air by trying to give a polished presentation; an 'intro'; and making a balls of it in the process. Their obliviousness to how annoying it is on their viewers is staggering. Conor really has hit on an exposed nerve there with me :lol:

Conor that is one thing that absolutely drives me mental. And it is not limited to LOST or RTE. Sky Atlantic still do it with the likes of Friday Night Lights. I'M ABOUT TO WATCH THE **** PROGRAMME. WHY ON EARTH WOULD I WANT YOU TO TELL ME WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN IN IT. Why are all TV channels so **** oblivious to the fact that they are spoiling their own programmes?

Yep I hate this.

I'd extend it to those "Previously on..." bits on TV shows. I've mentioned FNL before is especially bad for doing that. They show you selected bits on that to remind you of certain plot points relevant to the episode. but it means you can basically guess what's going to happen.

• Like 1

Trying to get you not to change channel

That doesn't add up though. Firstly, I'm sitting watching your channel waiting for a programme to begin. From an audience percentage-wise, I'm far far more likely to be on your channel for precisely that reason so I'm going nowhere and I don't need the blurb. Secondly, giving a spoiler-fest breakdown of this week's episode to a viewer who wouldn't normally watch the show and to whom the characters' names and the plot mean precisely nothing (as they're out of any context) is not really going to get you new viewers. I think it's just the TV producers filling dead air by trying to give a polished presentation; an 'intro'; and making a balls of it in the process. Their obliviousness to how annoying it is on their viewers is staggering. Conor really has hit on an exposed nerve there with me :lol:

I share how much I hate this with you in every way Brian. I used to give out about it every week before Lost. 

But if you'd switched to the channel to watch the show, you wont switch away because they just spoiled the episode. But if you kinda watched Lost and were channel flipping and the plot piqued your interest maybe you'd stay and have a look rather than flip the channel. so a small % of people can be got to that way while everyone else will watch it regardless of the spoiler. 

Best spoiler ever was Gandalf being in the trailer for Two Towers, cracked up when I saw that. Can only think the plan was, for people who didn't read the books that they'd go. Look Gandalf is back, better go see this. 

Yep I hate this.

I'd extend it to those "Previously on..." bits on TV shows. I've mentioned FNL before is especially bad for doing that. They show you selected bits on that to remind you of certain plot points relevant to the episode. but it means you can basically guess what's going to happen.

Yes yes yes. Exact same thing. Character who hasn't been seen in ages yet they do a recap of him from a previous season. You're then 70% through the episode and all my mind is thinking is where he will show up and you then have basically guessed whats about to happen. 

I even extend that to Battlestar Galactica where at the drum beat part of the opening sequence they flash really quickly parts of the episode. I'd hold my hands over my eyes every week at that part. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â