Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

agree, it pisses me off even more when the 1st trailer hooks you in because it just shows you enough, and then the 2nd one or tv spots show you everything

can go the other way though, I thought the 1st man of steel trailer looked utter gash, the last one looked superb, pacific rim is doing the same, getting better with every trailer

Movie trailers that give away most of the plot and tell the story arc in a condensed format.

The best trailers are always the ones that leave you intrigued.

What did you think of The Great Gatsby trailer?   It revealed the pivotal point of the entire story!

I think one of the worst ones i've seen recently is the new trailer for the remake of Carrie. It doesn't look too bad as a movie itself but it gives everything away, right up to the finale. Now, I realise that there will be many people who have seen the original so know the basic story anyway, but this trailer appears to leave no stone unturned.

I think one of the worst ones i've seen recently is the new trailer for the remake of Carrie. It doesn't look too bad as a movie itself but it gives everything away, right up to the finale. Now, I realise that there will be many people who have seen the original so know the basic story anyway, but this trailer appears to leave no stone unturned.

Just watched it and yeah, I see what you mean.   I also think the actress they cast as Carrie is far too pretty for the role, surely it kinda goes against some of the motivations for her peers behaviour? 

Just watched it and yeah, I see what you mean.   I also think the actress they cast as Carrie is far too pretty for the role, surely it kinda goes against some of the motivations for her peers behaviour? 

It's Hollywood innit? Pretty face on poster (even covered with blood) = bums on seats.

Because the player IS Spanish. And that's his name.

But would you honestly pronounce Valencia as Balenthia!? I certainly wouldn't. I'd say Valen-see-a.

People make fairly arbitrary decisions about what to anglicise though.  Thierry Henry seemed to always get his surname pronounced "on-ree" as is the French style, but nobody pronounces Paris as "pa-ree" in everyday conversation.   

The example I like is Bayern Munich though.  We do half an half there, logically we should ever go with Bayern Munchen or Bavarian Munich. 

Movie trailers that give away most of the plot and tell the story arc in a condensed format.

Booty from the Hood - Amateurs - vol 6

I saw the ending for everyone's story arc on vol 5

• Like 1

Don't watch this then!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps8H3rg5GfM

• Like 1

In the pronunciation of foreign names debate consistency is the key. Either anglicise all or do the full johnny foreigner. DONT say "Bachrain" for example and then chicken out of "Paree"

In the pronunciation of foreign names debate consistency is the key. Either anglicise all or do the full johnny foreigner. DONT say "Bachrain" for example and then chicken out of "Paree"

I think your average European might have a problem with the tonal nature of Asian languages.

Edited by legov

If your country has defeated another country in war, I believe you can pronounce their names however you see fit.

Isn't that a bit discriminatory towards the Italians ?

• Like 1

That's my main problem tbh. CGM is not a believable Carrie.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â