Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Firstly, tits are literally designed for kids. The only people who complained were frustrated old bags or titless wonders. Blokes should complain that there wasn't enough cleavage. Grumble mumble frazzle razzle harumph.

Do people really have nothing better to do

nope  .. people that want to be outraged will always find something to complain about  ...

BBC apologises over Holly Willoughby dress

The BBC has apologised after viewers of The Voice complained presenter Holly Willoughby's low-cut dress was "unsuitable" for the show.

More than 100 people complained to the corporation about the 32-year-old's cleavage-revealing frock for Saturday night's live final on BBC One.

The BBC said: "We're sorry if some viewers found Holly's dress to be unsuitable."

It added the dress "was glamorous and wholly appropriate for the occasion".

The live final, which was won by Andrea Begley, was broadcast largely before the 21:00 watershed.

However it prompted some complaints from viewers who said Willoughby's black lace dress was too revealing.

In a statement, the BBC said the presenter "enjoys fashion", adding: "We don't believe it (the dress) would have gone against audience expectations for a TV spectacle such as this."

Phillip Schofield, Willoughby's co-host on ITV's This Morning, also leapt to the star's defence writing on Twitter: "139 complaints over Holly's gorgeous Voice dress. Let's hope those outraged on behalf of their kids don't take them to the beach this summer."

BBC

Yeah I was going to post about this yesterday when I saw the story on google news

however I then decided to google images of the dress to see what the fuss was about and got distracted and forgot to post  .....and pick the kids up from school

• Like 2

When people say they don't care about politics :(

It's hard to care to be honest.

I try, but I can honestly say I have zero affiliation to any party. They're all as bad as each other.

I make a point of trying to make an informed decision when I vote, but I find it difficult to believe it makes any difference.

• Like 1

When people say they don't care about politics :(

It's hard to care to be honest.

I try, but I can honestly say I have zero affiliation to any party. They're all as bad as each other.

I make a point of trying to make an informed decision when I vote, but I find it difficult to believe it makes any difference.

This.

People may argue with this, but as a reasonably young individual in full time employment, what goes on in parliament seems to have very little effect on me. I don't go to war, I don't claim benefits, smoke or drink excessively, I don't care about the M4 relief road,  nor do I care about how much money I'm owed for my 4th kid. The government does very little to help out the average individual with no kids, so I don't see why I should particularly care.

I do however take a vested interest in the interest rate, because that affects how much I pay on my mortgage each month.

To me it's not that it doesn't effect me, it's that I struggle to believe one party would do much different from the other.

Labour's in power, they do stuff and the Tories disagree with it, no matter what it is or hwo they would have done it. Then the Tories are in power and they do all the things that Labour did, even though they said they wouldn't, and Labour disagree with everything even though they'd have probably done the same thing if they were in power.

Repeat for infinity.

I understand the disillusionment, and for the most part I feel the same. Quite a lot of people under 30 (from my experience) have no affiliation to any party. I don't. I don't even vote here, because it is ten times worse than the mainland and deeply, deeply sectarian. But I still have an interest because politics dictates everything, from how much money you earn to the house you live in and what you can do in said house. What depresses me is that so many people turn away from politics at a crucial point in time, when so much of our civil liberties are being eroded and not enough people seem to care.

I also think people are more self-centred now than ever. What does gay marriage mean to them if they aren't gay? Why should they care about refugees when they live comfortably? Why should they care about minorities being discriminated against when they get along fine? It is hard to politicise people when they just don't care.

That above point wasn't directed at anyone, by the way, just an observation.

To me it's not that it doesn't effect me, it's that I struggle to believe one party would do much different from the other.

Labour's in power, they do stuff and the Tories disagree with it, no matter what it is or hwo they would have done it. Then the Tories are in power and they do all the things that Labour did, even though they said they wouldn't, and Labour disagree with everything even though they'd have probably done the same thing if they were in power.

Repeat for infinity.

you read my sig , didn't you :)

Repeat for infinity.

you read my sig , didn't you :)

I didn't, but that sums it up quite nicely. I wouldn't limit it to Labour though.

George Osborne defends choice of burger

Do people really have nothing better to do than to complain about someone eating a burger?

Why the **** do people even care?

Seriously, I'm not interested in politics so I don't care about this guy as a politician, but the fact anyone has to publicly defend the fact they've eaten a burger makes me want to destroy the human race.

To be fair, it was made from the heart of a benefit claimant

• Like 1

I understand the disillusionment, and for the most part I feel the same. Quite a lot of people under 30 (from my experience) have no affiliation to any party. I don't. I don't even vote here, because it is ten times worse than the mainland and deeply, deeply sectarian. But I still have an interest because politics dictates everything, from how much money you earn to the house you live in and what you can do in said house. What depresses me is that so many people turn away from politics at a crucial point in time, when so much of our civil liberties are being eroded and not enough people seem to care.

I also think people are more self-centred now than ever. What does gay marriage mean to them if they aren't gay? Why should they care about refugees when they live comfortably? Why should they care about minorities being discriminated against when they get along fine? It is hard to politicise people when they just don't care.

That above point wasn't directed at anyone, by the way, just an observation.

Yeah, really what I meant by "i'm not interested in politics" was "my point isn't related to politics"

i.e. I didn't want it it to turn into a Labour vs Tories Bollitics thread ;)

Do people really have nothing better to do than to complain about someone eating a burger?

Why the **** do people even care?

Seriously, I'm not interested in politics so I don't care about this guy as a politician, but the fact anyone has to publicly defend the fact they've eaten a burger makes me want to destroy the human race.

Haven't you missed the point, though?

Are people complaining about him eating a burger or are they pointing out that his publicity shot may not actually have worked as intended.

• Like 1

To sum up politics

"The Tories help the rich, Labour help the rest"

Only if you wish to sum it up incorrectly. I'm no fan of the Tories but Labour are no better.

I enjoy politics, I did a degree on it, but I always found domestic politics tedious and preferred international stuff. Now I actively find domestic politics infuriating, because the petty party stuff is completely intellectually bankrupt childish nonsense.

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â