Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Aye.

It's quite a sad state of affairs when the 'better', more eloquent/interesting/intelligent etc posters on a Villa forum, only feel comfortable posting in the Off Tropics.

I almost never go into On Topic anymore, and certainly rarely if ever post in there. Quite sad really.

I tend to get my villa news elsewhere, and come to villa talk for The Off Tropics entertainment.

• Like 1

Jane Austen going on the new £10 note

did she cure cancer , did she save mankind .... no she wrote a few books

might as well stick J K Rowling on the thing and be done with

Better taking the **** Queen off as well then, as she didn't even do that.

But her horse won a race! You go girl!

Aye.

It's quite a sad state of affairs when the 'better', more eloquent/interesting/intelligent etc posters on a Villa forum, only feel comfortable posting in the Off Tropics.

I almost never go into On Topic anymore, and certainly rarely if ever post in there. Quite sad really.

I tend to get my villa news elsewhere, and come to villa talk for The Off Tropics entertainment.

There's so little discussion about Villa.

It's mostly the same people arguing about negativity vs positivity. Oh, and puns.

• Like 1

Aye.

Can't blame you, it's bloody hot here.

• Like 1

Jupitus' routine on spiders is one of my favourites.

He's like a lot of comedians, you have to wade through a fair bit of junk to find anything good..... but his "daughters boyfriend staying over/beer in the fridge" observations almost had me in tears.

Forgetting my phone. OK, I'm at work, probably won't need it as it's just a personal phone. But I just feel a bit naked/lost without it. Probably won't get any calls or texts either, but, it just doesn't feel right. I feel incommunicado.

and yet 15 years ago, this was the norm. Weird.

Was thinking the other week about when I was a teenager and went out and had to carry a 10p with me to call home if I needed picking up or was going to be late

Some of my trips I tell work , family etc I may be uncontactable for a few days as I'm going to the arse end of nowhere ... And then you find you can get a phone signal at the top of the Atlas Mountains or in the jungle somewhere... With google and their balloon Internet we may find its not just phone signals that work on top of mountains but interweb as well ... Climb the mountain and instead of admiring the view and the tranquility , there will be Facebook updates followed by the sound of tapping out text messages .... Worryingly I'll most likely be one of them !!

Forgetting my phone. OK, I'm at work, probably won't need it as it's just a personal phone. But I just feel a bit naked/lost without it. Probably won't get any calls or texts either, but, it just doesn't feel right. I feel incommunicado.

and yet 15 years ago, this was the norm. Weird.

Was thinking the other week about when I was a teenager and went out and had to carry a 10p with me to call home if I needed picking up or was going to be late

Some of my trips I tell work , family etc I may be uncontactable for a few days as I'm going to the arse end of nowhere ... And then you find you can get a phone signal at the top of the Atlas Mountains or in the jungle somewhere... With google and their balloon Internet we may find its not just phone signals that work on top of mountains but interweb as well ... Climb the mountain and instead of admiring the view and the tranquility , there will be Facebook updates followed by the sound of tapping out text messages .... Worryingly I'll most likely be one of them !!

Mobile phones are the best and simultaneously the worst thing about the last 15 years.  The increase in communication is brilliant and means that I can reach my family more or less wherever I am in the world, but it also means that I don't ever really feel I switch off from work with the Blackberry always on etc.

When I was at uni in the early 90s, we had two payphones in our halls of residence that serviced about 400 people, mostly students from China who would spend hours phoning home with huge stacks of ten pence pieces.  Think I spoke to my mum and dad about 4 times that year.

Cancer

Sorry to hear what happened :( I only hope he didn't suffer too much. Understandably, a search for the word 'cancer' in this thread brings up 3 pages of results. Bastard illness.
  • Like 1

I've lost 2 people to it and know of another 4 people who have died from it.

It's **** disgusting.. We're so close to cracking it, another 10/15 years and it'll be a thing of the past, or, easily treatable, it's just a total shame we can't do anything to help the poor people who are suffering with it today.

• Like 2

Cancer

"This"

It can **** right off.

(I'd have liked the post instead of "this"ing it, but it didn't seem appropriate.)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

George Osborne defends choice of burger

Do people really have nothing better to do than to complain about someone eating a burger?

Why the **** do people even care?

Seriously, I'm not interested in politics so I don't care about this guy as a politician, but the fact anyone has to publicly defend the fact they've eaten a burger makes me want to destroy the human race.

Do people really have nothing better to do

nope  .. people that want to be outraged will always find something to complain about  ...

BBC apologises over Holly Willoughby dress

The BBC has apologised after viewers of The Voice complained presenter Holly Willoughby's low-cut dress was "unsuitable" for the show.

More than 100 people complained to the corporation about the 32-year-old's cleavage-revealing frock for Saturday night's live final on BBC One.

The BBC said: "We're sorry if some viewers found Holly's dress to be unsuitable."

It added the dress "was glamorous and wholly appropriate for the occasion".

The live final, which was won by Andrea Begley, was broadcast largely before the 21:00 watershed.

However it prompted some complaints from viewers who said Willoughby's black lace dress was too revealing.

In a statement, the BBC said the presenter "enjoys fashion", adding: "We don't believe it (the dress) would have gone against audience expectations for a TV spectacle such as this."

Phillip Schofield, Willoughby's co-host on ITV's This Morning, also leapt to the star's defence writing on Twitter: "139 complaints over Holly's gorgeous Voice dress. Let's hope those outraged on behalf of their kids don't take them to the beach this summer."

BBC

Edited by mjmooney

George Osborne defends choice of burger

Do people really have nothing better to do than to complain about someone eating a burger?

Why the **** do people even care?

Seriously, I'm not interested in politics so I don't care about this guy as a politician, but the fact anyone has to publicly defend the fact they've eaten a burger makes me want to destroy the human race.

Kahuna.jpg

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â