Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

You go to the Gym though. I have no problem with people controlling their diet in conjunction with exercise for overall good health.

What I dislike is women focussing on low calorie diets instead of doing any exercise for the sole purpose of being thin and looking good. Rather than eating a balanced diet and doing exercise for overall good health.

get what I mean?

Are they almost always women? Genuine question.

I don't know any men who do it. I believe men when considering their looks would see being athletic & muscular as the way to the same effect as women believe thin to be. 

I'd much rather be thin than obese though, to be frank.

You go to the Gym though. I have no problem with people controlling their diet in conjunction with exercise for overall good health.

What I dislike is women focussing on low calorie diets instead of doing any exercise for the sole purpose of being thin and looking good. Rather than eating a balanced diet and doing exercise for overall good health.

get what I mean?

Are they almost always women? Genuine question.

I don't know any men who do it. I believe men when considering their looks would see being athletic & muscular as the way to the same effect as women believe thin to be. 

I'd much rather be thin than obese though, to be frank.

Yes, so to be thing you do exercise. That's my point. I dislike people taking the route that avoids exercise because they dislike it. 

I hate that people think they need to look one way or the other. Just maintain a balanced diet, do a bit of exercise and you'll be fine.

People obsess over this shit and there is no bloody need.

Exactly. 

On a similar note to this obese talk. Something that annoys me more is skinny women who go on diets or eat tiny salads for lunch etc.. because they're too lazy to eat normally and do exercise. That annoys me more than anything. 

That's a very very strange thing to be annoyed about.

Fits the thread of course. But still.

I suppose it's just both are lazy things. One is too lazy to do exercise to lose weight. The other is too lazy to do exercise so will reduce food intake. 

It's still laziness. I don't like laziness. People should eat normal healthy meals and enjoy some treats and do some exercise. 

I don't think dieting is laziness. The opposite in fact.

I personally have to put a lot more effort in to make sure my diet is right than I do to get myself to the gym a few times a week.

I imagine preparing a salad is a lot more work than preparing a sandwich and a bag of crisps.

Not doing exercise doesn't equate to laziness.

get what I mean?

I get what you mean, I just think you're fundamentally wrong.

Diet is the key to losing/maintaining weight. Exercise is just a tool.

You can't out train a lousy diet

If you could only do one of the two things to maintain your weight or lose weight I'd recommend diet every time. I see this sentence as completely wrong:

Yes, so to be thin you do exercise

it's largely irrelevant though. It's calories in vs calories out. If you do that via dieting or exercising i really doesn't make any difference. I see neither approach as lazy, they both require effort.

Edited by Stevo985

By diet I mean creating a calorie defecit by reducing the intake below the amount burned by daily activities. This is less healthy than eating a normal amount of food and doing exercise to create the defecit or maintain a weight. 

There is a difference. Under eating can be unhealthy. 

Baby <random surname nobody knows> 

I just want to share the great news that xxxx xxxxx is now the proud and happy fahter/mother etc...

mails. I Fcking HATE them. Nobody gives a fck. The last thing I'd do when I have a kid is email HR in my company to spread the news to people who don't fcking care. 

yes I just got my 3rd email this week [/vent]

Heard a good one recently. Can't remember where. Along the lines of - New baby born. "Oh who do you think it looks like, mammy or daddy". "It's 6 hours old, it looks like a f**king potato". Which would be my take on it. Not meaning to sound bad but unless there's something wrong with it, they all pretty much look the same that soon after birth.

Here come all the "unless it's yours blah blah" posts :D

• Like 1

Here's a very good one that's hard to explain. things that piss you off that shouldn't.

Meeting new people who smoke. I have friends I've known for over a decade who smoke and a few friends who are social smokers. None of that bothers me.  But in particular co workers who go out every hour or two to smoke. I dunno it annoys me. 

That's one that really is on topic. 

Edited by CVByrne

American sandwiches (and American portion sizes generally) are just way, way too big. The whole 'conspicuous consumption' (and associated waste) culture is one of the things about the US that I dislike. And we're going down that same route.

Half the world starves, and we pride ourselves on gluttony and eat ourselves into an early grave.

half the world doesn't have 8 children when they can't feed them either so take your Bob Geldof guilt elsewhere :)

ok I jest , but seriously it was literally the firts thing I saw when I stepped out the airport at Delhi  ( and Manila for that matter but on a smaller scale , I cite India because you have to see it to believe the scale of it ) .. thousands of people living on the streets  , most of them with handfuls of kids .. I know they work on the logic that if they have 10 children they increase the chances of one or two of them surviving but seriously , there needs to be some re-education in parts of the world   ... by all means send them Aid , but education first

I believe this is the point that VT often goes into meltdown ... but I mean it genuinely and not in a let them die way

I get you Tony. There's also the basic premise that the value of human life (and/or the attitude towards life) differs from one area of the world to the other. This isn't an assumption of mine. I've had it told to me independently by people from all over the world.

• Like 2

I get you Tony. There's also the basic premise that the value of human life (and/or the attitude towards life) differs from one area of the world to the other. This isn't an assumption of mine. I've had it told to me independently by people from all over the world.

yeah I'd say that was a fair premise ... but I do it see it changing in some of the places

may have mentioned it before  but when I first went to China in 2000 , life was cheap for want of a better word , construction workers wore flip flops and climbed up bamboo scaffolding unaided

when I was there last year , construction workers had Hi Vis jackets , hob nail boots , helmets and harnesses  .. they seem to have put more value on human life  in that regard (ok this was Beijing rather than some province but it's still progress )

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â