Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I haven't read the previous few pages so I may be repeating what someone has said already. But what pisses me off, is Villa fans moaning at the tough fixture list at the start of the season. FFS you have to play everyone twice, so it makes no difference, if Villa have tough fixtures at the start then it obviously means there will be another period in the season when Villa have easier games. This constant moaning on here and on the Aston Villa fan group on FB is annoying me. ''The FA are against us, that is why they gave us hard fixtures at the start'',  utter nonsense.

• Like 1

I haven't read the previous few pages so I may be repeating what someone has said already. But what pisses me off, is Villa fans moaning at the tough fixture list at the start of the season. FFS you have to play everyone twice, so it makes no difference, if Villa have tough fixtures at the start then it obviously means there will be another period in the season when Villa have easier games. This constant moaning on here and on the Aston Villa fan group on FB is annoying me. ''The FA are against us, that is why they gave us hard fixtures at the start'',  utter nonsense.

I was pissed off when I saw the first few fixtures, then I realised that it's best to get these games out of the way as soon as possible. Who knows, we might even be able to get a point or two.

I think the argument runs that a hard start can be psychologically damaging, as we could end up bottom of the table and having to play catch-up for weeks thereafter. The players lose confidence and may then struggle in the so-called "easy" fixtures due to the fear factor. Whereas a decent points haul in the first few games gives them confidence before taking on the bigger teams.

It's something to consider for sure, but I think Lambert has instilled good mental fortitude into our squad. Last season for example, we got tonked by Man Utd and bounced back the next match to smash Sunderland 6-1. The players always seemed up for it (towards the latter half of the season at least).

I think the argument runs that a hard start can be psychologically damaging, as we could end up bottom of the table and having to play catch-up for weeks thereafter. The players lose confidence and may then struggle in the so-called "easy" fixtures due to the fear factor. Whereas a decent points haul in the first few games gives them confidence before taking on the bigger teams.

You could say the same had we been assigned to poor teams though. Lose to a team like Palace on the first day of the new season and you'll be really demoralised.

Actually, I think it does make a difference, especially for a club in our position.

But I actually think it's good to get the hard games out of the way early. Teams in the bottom half tend to pick up after christmas (compare the points after 19 games to the points after 38 games of the teams who finished around us)

So to have a really hard fixture list in your run in would go some way to negating that. if you're not picking up points when everyone else is then you'll go backwards.

But I think our fixture list is actually favourable. Relatively easy xmas period and relatively easy run in. it's fine.

Off Topic
It does exactly what it says on the tin. Music, Films - anything.

I wasn't sure about this, but the maths checks out. I've created an illustration to assist others.

As you can see, Villa clearly falls under 'anything'.

zG2AYRN.jpg?1?2424

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â