Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Old people trying to use a mobile phone   ... painful watching some old bloke do it earlier 

saying that just old people generally

when I rule the universe there will be a simple test once you turn 65

A) Use an ATM for a cash withdrawal in under 5 minutes

B ) Send a text message on a  mobile in less than 30 minutes

C) complete a shopping trip during normal working hours rather instead of the weekend when the working population need to go

D) drive your car faster than 26 mph in a 30 zone

if you can't pass all 4 then a one way ticket to Dignitas is your reward

my dad has just bought a new phone, some samsung smart phone thing that does everything except a blowie

I asked him yesterday how he was getting on with it (having had it a couple of weeks I guessed he'd have mastered the basics): 'oh, I haven't used it yet, I've still got £3 credit on the old one'

He then proceeds to show me a brochure for a car he's looking at, he's thinking of getting the diesel version because 'it's got more grunt' and will be more economical because it is a diesel. I then have to spend 20 minutes trying to suggest that his driving style may not require more grunt, and 5,000 miles a year will not make a diesel economical.

He used to be Superman.

• Like 1

Old people trying to use a mobile phone   ... painful watching some old bloke do it earlier 

when I rule the universe there will be a simple test once you turn 65

A) Use an ATM for a cash withdrawal in under 5 minutes

B ) Send a text message on a  mobile in less than 30 minutes

C) complete a shopping trip during normal working hours rather instead of the weekend when the working population need to go

D) drive your car faster than 26 mph in a 30 zone

if you can't pass all 4 then a one way ticket to Dignitas is your reward

Even if you pass tests A) to D), you fail overall if you ever consider, even for the merest nanosecond, buying a Honda Jazz.  Doing 26mph in a 30 zone would be considered reckless and living on the edge by the average Honda Jazz driver.  I'm surprised they don't come with a bloke in plus fours carrying a red flag to walk in front of them.  

Fashionable restaurant lingo, like "Locally Sourced", or "Market-Driven"

F*ck off

There's actually something worse than that in restaurant speak and that is over use of the superlative a la Jamie Oliver

Right, back to my comfort zone. Adverts.

Minstrels male stripper show with the two crusty word removed-y bints.

Diet coke advert

Vax advert with the slogan "even cleans around the husband"

*** you. Seriously you sexist word removeds. Take your offensive nonsense, shove it up your hairy, unkempt stinking rancid flaps and go **** yourselves with it.

Would any of those ads make it to TV if the roles were reversed?

• Like 1

I used to work at an electronics retail shop. This was an almost daily occurrence with smartphones, but with tablets, laptops, televisions and home theatre systems thrown in for good measure.

Ugh.

Right, back to my comfort zone. Adverts.

Minstrels male stripper show with the two crusty word removed-y bints.

Diet coke advert

Vax advert with the slogan "even cleans around the husband"

*** you. Seriously you sexist word removeds. Take your offensive nonsense, shove it up your hairy, unkempt stinking rancid flaps and go **** yourselves with it.

Would any of those ads make it to TV if the roles were reversed?

As I mentioned in the film thread, I watched crazy stupid love on the weekend.

Small spoiler below, I guess I'd better label it although it's very small

There's a bit where a 17 or 18 (I can't remember) year old girl gives a 13 year old boy some naked pictures of herself.

And all I thought during that bit is imagine how **** inappropriate that would be if it the genders were reversed?!

Edited by Stevo985

Its **** inappropriate now.

Problem is the male/social approach to the issue. Using Stevo's example a male teen would be thinking "Bonus" a female one would be heading towards the local nick.

Society has glamourised the "cougar" a sexually aggressive older woman whereas the  male equivient hangs around in parks with a mac on.

Women don't actually want equality, they want inequality that suits them.

[/mysogyny]

• Like 1

Pun threads, I'm sure someone else mentioned them previously but they're awful. Worse than caption competition threads.

I've just cottoned on that things are unravelling.

I wanna be as grumpy as hell when I'm old victor meldrew style 

I can recommend it.

Yeah, it's tough watching your parents age...mine are both in their 70's now...

Same here.

My folks have been living isolated in the arse end of nowhere in Scotland. It hasn't done them any favours, their mental prowess was fading noticeably.

My sister and I persuaded them to return to the West Mids for winter, so they wouldn't get snowed in for weeks at a time.

It's done them the power of good. Dad's much more with it now and wants to sell up in Scotland and return to the Mids.

Me and the sis are really chuffed.

We want to see more of them, especially now, they're precious.

We also got burgled recently and they moved my £750 road bike out the way, and nicked my housemate's  £200 one instead. Big win for me.

The feeling that someone has been in your house while you were asleep upstairs does rile me though.

Yeah I think ours were in a rush because they left some pretty weird stuff to leave, like wallets and stuff. Think they just grabbed what they could and legged it.

I stayed in the house on Saturday with a mate because my parents were away and I did feel really unsettled.

My housemates and I play in a 5-a-side league. It costs £39 and every week we tend to get £1 coin change. We'd started stacking them on the mantle piece as the "social fund" and had a tall pile of about 12 or 13. They nicked that. That hurt.

:D

My mom had gotten a £20 note in one of her birthday cards.

A brand new crisp £20 note too.

They left that, but stole the £10 earrings that were sat right next to it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â