Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Guy in my office has just had a kid. A boy.

He's been looking at nurseries.

The one he's settled on has a chef (called Pierre) and a rugby coach.

A rugby coach?!

He'll be attending it between the ages of 1 and 4.

I am all for teaching sport early, but how much rugby can a 4 year old play? Let alone a 1 year old!

I've had an extremely bad week, or rather my family has.

Mom crashed her car on Tuesday.

My Dad got some very bad news abotu his cancer on Wednesday (probably aren't going to operate which means it won't be cured :( It'll be years, but still, it's hard to take)

And last night we went out for dinner for my mom's 60th and when we got back to my parent's place after, they'd been burgled. NOt a huge amount taken, few laptops, tablets, Xbox etc. But still. pretty shit way to round off a crap week.

Get me on the **** beers.

Oh shit :( Really sorry to hear about your old man. As for the rest. Let's hope that's all the bad news out of the way in one go. Hope the beers hit the spot :)

We got burgled recently. All they took of mine was a banana.

No jokes, I was well pissed off. Just museli for breakfast that day.

Sorry to hear about your old man Stevo. My moms liver is ****, they gave her 2 years 5 years ago and she's still ticking over. Clean living and lots of love, give him every chance.

Sorry to hear Stevo. Illnesses like that can **** off.

A good friend of mine had bowel cancer and he had to have half of his guts scraped away. They gave him 6 months. We (as a cricket team) supported him, never let him feel alone. Always invited him to the small trivial things, threw him parties gave him a committee slot to keep him occupied. He finally succumbed after 2 years.

Cancer can be beaten. Piss on it's parade by not letting it get to you. 

Good thoughts releases positive hormones.

We also got burgled recently and they moved my £750 road bike out the way, and nicked my housemate's  £200 one instead. Big win for me.

The feeling that someone has been in your house while you were asleep upstairs does rile me though.

Cheers chaps. Unfortunately I don't think his can be beaten from what i've heard so far but they seem to think it'll be years. It's still relatively early I think, but instead of growing into the bowel, his tumour grew the other way into the wall of everything down there so usually they'd be able to operate at this stage, but can't with his.

They gave him the choice but said an op would more than likely be unsuccessful, which would leave him recovering from a major operation AND facing a more aggressive cancer (apparently if you "disturb" it it spreads quicker)

He hasn't made his final decision yet, he's gone to see them today, but I'm fairly certain he's going to choose not to risk the op.

Tough to take, but he seems to be ok so far. I'm sure it'll hit him at some point.

But yeah, could have done without the burglary to top it off!

We also got burgled recently and they moved my £750 road bike out the way, and nicked my housemate's  £200 one instead. Big win for me.

The feeling that someone has been in your house while you were asleep upstairs does rile me though.

Yeah I think ours were in a rush because they left some pretty weird stuff to leave, like wallets and stuff. Think they just grabbed what they could and legged it.

I stayed in the house on Saturday with a mate because my parents were away and I did feel really unsettled.

On another note,

the fact that the entire front page, FRONT PAGE, of a national newspaper on Saturday was a story about the "ghost" of michael Jackson talking to Lionel Richie's ex.

I know I should expect rubbish from The Sun. But seriously. A story about ghosts?

Edit: here it is

Sun_150613.jpg

Edited by Stevo985

Old people trying to use a mobile phone   ... painful watching some old bloke do it earlier 

saying that just old people generally

when I rule the universe there will be a simple test once you turn 65

A) Use an ATM for a cash withdrawal in under 5 minutes

B ) Send a text message on a  mobile in less than 30 minutes

C) complete a shopping trip during normal working hours rather instead of the weekend when the working population need to go

D) drive your car faster than 26 mph in a 30 zone

if you can't pass all 4 then a one way ticket to Dignitas is your reward

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 4

On another note,

the fact that the entire front page, FRONT PAGE, of a national newspaper on Saturday was a story about the "ghost" of michael Jackson talking to Lionel Richie's ex.

I know I should expect rubbish from The Sun. But seriously. A story about ghosts?

Edit: here it is

Sun_150613.jpg

Hah, this is the sort of crap you'd expect to see in The Viz.

That's pretty rough Stevo :-(

Regarding the burglary as a kid we came back from holiday in January to find mist of our Christmas presents had been nicked (along with other stuff). Its a feeling that is realy difficult to explain but knowing that someone has wondered around your house taking stuff is horrible.

If it ever happened now I know for a fact we'd have to move, I don't think my wife would spend another night in the house if we were burgled.

I've had an extremely bad week, or rather my family has.

Mom crashed her car on Tuesday.

My Dad got some very bad news abotu his cancer on Wednesday (probably aren't going to operate which means it won't be cured :( It'll be years, but still, it's hard to take)

And last night we went out for dinner for my mom's 60th and when we got back to my parent's place after, they'd been burgled. NOt a huge amount taken, few laptops, tablets, Xbox etc. But still. pretty shit way to round off a crap week.

Get me on the **** beers.

Crap, sorry hear all that Steve. Best wishes to your father.

Fashionable restaurant lingo, like "Locally Sourced", or "Market-Driven". F*ck off

Yeah I know what you mean, they do my head in. Phrases like Army-berries, Stonewall and Fork.

Edited by 8pints

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â