Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People constantly getting my name wrong, when writing it down.

My name is Jonathan. That does not shorten to 'John', you imbeciles.

I can't get my head around that  - is it just ignorance? I even get it on facebook, where my name is there for all to see.

As bad as that is, I get people calling me Stephan on FB. It's a completely different name and my name is right there!

People constantly getting my name wrong, when writing it down.

My name is Jonathan. That does not shorten to 'John', you imbeciles.

I can't get my head around that  - is it just ignorance? I even get it on facebook, where my name is there for all to see.

As bad as that is, I get people calling me Stephan on FB. It's a completely different name and my name is right there!

People are stupid. How do you pronounce the end of your name though? is it phonetically 'Ayveefercar'?

• Like 1

Had a dodgeball tournament after school today. Took a squad of 11 for 7 a side. Rotated it around so everyone had equal time, but the parents kept getting involved and getting over-competitive. Obviously this rubs off on the kids so they were aggressive and competitive. Lost the first one then destroyed the next team but were so ungracious in victory. This resulted in the other school booing us in our remaining games. Really embarrassing and I don't warrant booing within kids, but I can see why they were angry. Proper bad representatives of the school.

The defabet thread, I really want to jump in there and say something, but I'd end up in an argument over some unsustainable reactionary opinion.

I'm just too nice I s'pose

• Like 2

The defabet thread, I really want to jump in there and say something, but I'd end up in an argument over some unsustainable reactionary opinion.

I'd quite like two accounts (I tried it, admin were all over me like a cheap geek police suit), one of which would mostly be nasty reactionary me.

I've been trying to be reasonable and hopefully that came across :) . The problem is that when you prove certain people wrong, you don't get a response so the cycle continues. It's all good fun though i suppose!

I've been trying to be reasonable and hopefully that came across :) . The problem is that when you prove certain people wrong, you don't get a response so the cycle continues. It's all good fun though i suppose!

I was never really upset with you over that dolphin fiddling stuff.

(but I must admit I hadn't realised you were mid arguement in the main forum at the same time, you must have wondered wtf was going on!)

See, off topic is a very different place, the banter, personalities of the users is more evident, you know when someones serious and when someone, as usually the case is taking the piss, but on topic, winning an argument on there is like throwing your shoe at a cloud hoping to bring it down. Impossible.

See, off topic is a very different place, the banter, personalities of the users is more evident, you know when someones serious and when someone, as usually the case is taking the piss, but on topic, winning an argument on there is like throwing your shoe at a cloud hoping to bring it down. Impossible.

Well that's where you're going wrong buddy, there's no point arguing on the internet, there's rarely a winner and most people are either too proud or too stupid to hold their hands up and admit they were wrong in real life, let alone when they're safely behind a computer screen. I admit I'm guilty of perpetuating an online argument here and there though, but they really are pointless exercises.

• Like 1

Well that's where you're going wrong buddy, there's no point arguing on the internet, there's rarely a winner and most people are either too proud or too stupid to hold their hands up and admit they were wrong in real life, let alone when they're safely behind a computer screen. I admit I'm guilty of perpetuating an online argument here and there though, but they really are pointless exercises.

I think you're right.

tumblr_lmzv3hL3nF1ql141xo1_400.gif

Edited by Designer1

I'd quite like two accounts (I tried it, admin were all over me like a cheap geek police suit), one of which would mostly be nasty reactionary me.

I was gonna do this, username would have been Pat Sharp. It would be a gimmick based around mullets, barely legal girls who are twins and the demise of a career ending up with appearances on crap reality shows.

I think you're right.

tumblr_lmzv3hL3nF1ql141xo1_400.gif

Then give the post a Like you cheapskate!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â