Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Answering my Dads mobile at work.

Me: "Steve's phone, Dante speaking"

Them: "HELLO STEVE!"

Me: "STFU"

Also deleting people who I don't speak to off facebook (e.g. people I went to school with who added me but then never spoke to me or owt) then getting a message later in the day saying "Y did u delete me?"

How do they know!? Do they go through their friends lists once a day and check list people off?

Facebook is not boring. As the content is provided entirely by your friends, it's your friends who are boring. Don't blame the website, get some better friends.

Privacy guidelines alone should be enough for most to delete it, then factor in paid adverts flooding your news feed, suggestions, game invites etc.... Its turd.

deleted facebook years ago, when my old flatmate went to vietnaam for 2 months I re-activated my account in case I needed to get in touch with him about bills, rent and that sort of shit

within 5 minutes of being back online I had 5 friend requests and a text message from someone saying ''are you back on facebook''

I went down my whole list of 'friends' and blocked each and everyone of them, the day my mate got back from his holiday I deleted facebook again.

• Like 2

I put a policy in place at our office whereby if Mums need time off for the kids sports day , concerts , dentist appointments then they could take the time off without penalty  .. same for the men I might add :)

you lose them for a few hours , but it's still better than losing them for the whole day  and invariably the good will it created far outweighed any missing time

average sick leave in the company before I did this was about 12 days

average sick leave now 2 days  ..and it's only this high as someone had surgery and need time off

Common sense. Well done, sir.

I put a policy in place at our office whereby if Mums need time off for the kids sports day , concerts , dentist appointments then they could take the time off without penalty  .. same for the men I might add :)

you lose them for a few hours , but it's still better than losing them for the whole day  and invariably the good will it created far outweighed any missing time

average sick leave now 2 days  ..and it's only this high as someone had surgery and need time off

Basic Marxist theory. Improve working conditions, improve productivity.

• Like 1

The libertarian theory is that you must leave it to the goodwill and common sense of the employer, never legislate.

Unfortunately, not all employers are as benificent as Tony. If they were we would never have needed trades unions in the first place.

• Like 1

Answering my Dads mobile at work.

Me: "Steve's phone, Dante speaking"

Them: "HELLO STEVE!"

Me: "STFU"

The best one I had answering a colleague's phone was

Me: Ian's phone, Danny speaking

Them: Oh... uh, can I speak to Danny, please?

Me: uh... speaking...

• Like 1

one thing I have gotta say for my workplace is that they are sound as **** when people need a few hours of here and there, half the time you don't even have to make the time up.

the only thing that takes the piss is that one girl who works 3 days a week constantly swaps them so she doesn't have to use holiday, if i turned around and said 'can I have Friday off and i'll work Sunday instead'' they would tell me to get to ****

other than that though they are pretty good

Edited by leemond2008

My sickness record is pretty decent... only 2 days off in 5 years and that was food poisoning. My arse was exploding at regular intervals so I was advised to stay at home within easy reach of my toilet.

But, as others say, women at our place do have more time off and for more trivial reasons (head ache, stomach ache etc). Possibly why men still earn more than women in the workplace? 

• Like 1

Unusually, I've had a jolly good day.

I got done what I needed and wanted to in peace and without anything really going wrong (allowing for my back telling me that I had done too much in the garden).

I had a very pleasant, relaxing bath and had my thirst slaked by a cold bottle of cider from the fridge. Superb.

However the line 'On top of the world' has since popped in to my head and now I've got the effing Carpenters earworm going on and I know it won't disappear until I go to bed.

Bastards.

Edited by snowychap

Unusually, I've had a jolly good day.

I got done what I needed and wanted to in peace and without anything really going wrong (allowing for my back telling me that I had done too much in the garden).

I had a very pleasant, relaxing bath and had my thirst slaked by a cold bottle of cider from the fridge. Superb.

However the line 'On top of the world' has since popped in to my head and now I've got the effing Carpenters earworm going on and I know it won't disappear until I go to bed.

Bastards.

A bath ay? Very er, womanly. Radox? Candles?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â