Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Deleted it at the end of Feb and I haven't missed it one bit. Went to Google+ but I don't use that either. Its twitter for me, the best of a bad bunch of mostly meaningless 'social' interaction utilities.

Having arrived in work spectacularly early this morning to get some invoices issued whilst it was quiet, I've done that, had a coffee and then I've awarded myself a giant weekend clear out crap in the executive lav. whilst it was still all nice and quiet. Not wishing to be anti social I've then attempted to spray the place with the aerosol air freshner.

Nozzle was the wrong way round or defective in some way and I've shot myself.

I'm now sat here, first of the staff coming in and I smell like a cheap chemical version of a Spring Meadow.

• Like 1

Ahead of the Jose Press Conference / Media collective vvankfest... last week when he said it was a really easy decision to go back... Is that because of the £10,000,000 annual salary by any chance. 

Roman should have pulled the offer and replaced it with minimum wage for the first year. Would have shown him up for what he is.

Really hate football these days. 

The myth of man flu.

Women are horrendously unreliable in a working environment, calling in sick all the time.  The amount of time a female has text or called in having spontaneously been sick (yeah, cos that happens all the time) is beyond ridiculous.

The blokes meanwhile turn in 98% of the time with no problems at all.

The myth of man flu.

Women are horrendously unreliable in a working environment, calling in sick all the time.  The amount of time a female has text or called in having spontaneously been sick (yeah, cos that happens all the time) is beyond ridiculous.

Yup, I can only go on my own experience, but Women are far, faaaar worse than men for this. I was responsible for maintaining our company's sick leave records for a number of years, and the difference was very evident.

• Like 1

Its very difficult not to just stereotype here, but from my vast and superb experience:

Women do tend to have more sick leave than men. This is for several reasons. They take their health more seriously and will visit the doctor because of a ‘funny spot’ whereas a man will tend to leave the spot until his leg falls off and his wife notices and sends him to the doctor.

Women, very often will have to take leave to look after the kids and grandparents and their illnesses and crises. It’s often easier to phone in sick than try and negotiate a day off to take gran or little Timothy to the gum clinic. There are very few men that would consider the health of their children of immediately more importance than processing that order for flanges that was supposed to go out last Thursday.

Saying all the above, the basic point still appears anecdotally true in my experience.

• Like 3

Its very difficult not to just stereotype here, but from my vast and superb experience:

Women do tend to have more sick leave than men. This is for several reasons. They take their health more seriously and will visit the doctor because of a ‘funny spot’ whereas a man will tend to leave the spot until his leg falls off and his wife notices and sends him to the doctor.

Women, very often will have to take leave to look after the kids and grandparents and their illnesses and crises. It’s often easier to phone in sick than try and negotiate a day off to take gran or little Timothy to the gum clinic. There are very few men that would consider the health of their children of immediately more importance than processing that order for flanges that was supposed to go out last Thursday.

Saying all the above, the basic point still appears anecdotally true in my experience.

Nah, as a person that takes sick calls, they're just full of shit.  Don't sympathise with the baddies.

• Like 1

Nah, as a person that takes sick calls, they're just full of shit.  Don't sympathise with the baddies.

+1 for this.

I don't sympathise with the excuses nearly as much as Chrisp. A day off on the sick because little Timmy has a routine check up at the dentist? Get the f*ck out.

Maybe. But how many husbands with a working wife will say: "No, don't take a day off to take little Timmy to the dentist. Your job is FAR more important than our family" ?

Double standards abound.

That is the other side of the coin, and I shouldn't judge because I don't have kids and my other half doesn't have a full time job.

The women who used to work here would probably be the exception rather than the rule, but some of their tricks would often leave me fuming. Arranging such appointments for 4pm on a Friday afternoon, forcing me to cover their later shift despite only working for 3 days during the week in the first place would be one popular example. 

As far as the women in my office were concerned, having a kid was pretty much a ticket to taking time off whenever they liked.

I put a policy in place at our office whereby if Mums need time off for the kids sports day , concerts , dentist appointments then they could take the time off without penalty  .. same for the men I might add :)

you lose them for a few hours , but it's still better than losing them for the whole day  and invariably the good will it created far outweighed any missing time

average sick leave in the company before I did this was about 12 days

average sick leave now 2 days  ..and it's only this high as someone had surgery and need time off

• Like 3

I put a policy in place at our office whereby if Mums need time off for the kids sports day , concerts , dentist appointments then they could take the time off without penalty  .. same for the men I might add :)

you lose them for a few hours , but it's still better than losing them for the whole day  and invariably the good will it created far outweighed any missing time

average sick leave now 2 days  ..and it's only this high as someone had surgery and need time off

pinko subversive liberal gayer communist

• Like 1

The myth of man flu.

Yup, I can only go on my own experience, but Women are far, faaaar worse than men for this. I was responsible for maintaining our company's sick leave records for a number of years, and the difference was very evident.

I have to agree with this based on my experiences alone. Women take sick days far more often than Men in the places I've worked. Of course it's not to say this is the case everywhere.

I am exceptionally porud of the fact i've never taken a sick day in my life (yet). 7 years of full time work (one year of travel) and not a sick day taken. I never get sick though so that is a factor of course.

Many a Monday hangover though that I should have called in but didn't. 

2 Questions, if I may:

Do they get paid for it?

Do you think it creates resentment among those who don't have children?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â