Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I agree with Stefan on Fry. Drama queen or not, the end result is a good one. Especially as he does his best to make it seem "normal".

I like him.

I agree the end result is a good one and in the interview he sounds genuine. Its very enjoyable to listen to, both he and Herring are very funny although if you don't regularly listen to Herrings podcasts there are a lot of in jokes that might not be funny to some.

But overall I've never really liked him, that said I don't particularly dislike him.

Stephen King's next book, Doctor Sleep, has the following synopsis. The whole thing bugs me, but...

On highways across America, a tribe of people called The True Knot travel in search of sustenance. They look harmless—mostly old, lots of polyester, and married to their RVs. But as Dan Torrance knows, and tween Abra Stone learns, The True Knot are quasi-immortal, living off the “steam” that children with the “shiningproduce when they are slowly tortured to death.

Haunted by the inhabitants of the Overlook Hotel where he spent one horrific childhood year, Dan has been drifting for decades, desperate to shed his father’s legacy of despair, alcoholism, and violence. Finally, he settles in a New Hampshire town, an AA community that sustains him, and a job at a nursing home where his remnant “shining” power provides the crucial final comfort to the dying. Aided by a prescient cat, he becomes “Doctor Sleep.”

Then Dan meets the evanescent Abra Stone, and it is her spectacular gift, the brightest shining ever seen, that reignites Dan’s own demons and summons him to a battle for Abra’s soul and survival. This is an epic war between good and evil, a gory, glorious story that will thrill the millions of hyper-devoted readers of The Shining and wildly satisfy anyone new to the territory of this icon in the King canon.

A prescient cat? Meh. Pretty standard fare for Sai-king. After all, The Shining did have topiary that came to life...not much more of a leap of the imagination, is it? :P

Speaking of him, and as a dedicated constant reader, his book released yesterday, Joyland, is a (so far) supernatural free cracker.

What pisses me off is that I missed pre-orders of the limited hardback, so I have to make do with the paperback.

Had a message come up on my phone saying "accept" "decline"

Seeings how I know the bird I pressed accept and withing seconds I could see myself on the screen, nah I ain't having that for a **** second you word removed **** off I'm sitting here on my one I don't wanna see. You all slagged up on a night out you whore and I don't want you to see me sitting in. My pants drinking laga and chain smoking

What the **** I have gone mad at her what the **** **** man

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 4

Had a message come up on my phone saying "accept" "decline"

Seeings how I know the bird I pressed accept and withing seconds I could see myself on the screen, nah I ain't having that for a **** second you word removed **** off I'm sitting here on my one I don't wanna see. You all slagged up on a night out you whore and I don't want you to see me sitting in. My pants drinking laga and chain smoking

What the **** I have gone mad at her what the **** **** man

I love you

^^^ That's the main thing that I hate about Facebook....the childish willy waving that goes on. "Oooh, look at me - I was at the football/on holiday recently/in a club/at a restaurant/at a museum etc etc"!

F*ck off! Nobody cares.

I don't even see how Facebook is a useful means of keeping in contact anymore. There are much better ways, such as Whatsapp (or one of the other many instant messaging platforms available) of keeping in touch.

Actually, people do care, that's why it's so popular.

)

Well, yeah, but unless you're old, a simpleton, or a woman then I don't see why you'd want to see pictures of people doing stuff.

As a man, I can't understand the mentality of wanting to see pictures of someone on holiday or whatever. If a picture is particularly hilarious and involves someone I know then I'm all up for it but those kind probably don't even make it on FB because they're too scared of their missus/mom/nan seeing it.

(Recently I went on a stag-do, and some very funny pictures resulted from it, but the stag/best man banned people from posting the pictures on FB/twatter/instagram).

I've just never understood the appeal.

Over half of my friends (though I think of them more as acquaintances ) live outside the UK and are people I've met through my travels , here on VT , school friends who have moved away and so forth and I have a reasonable amount of interest in

True I don't particually care for what they had for breakfast but I'm interested to see where travel friends are off to next or where they've been , what Mrsh29's family are up to in Hungary and just the usual banality type stuff that goes on in the world , indeed even on VT

It is what it is and I like it

Totally agree Tony. Very few of my FB friends post anything particularly annoying. I find it really useful.

I never find them annoying, I find them boring and meaningless. Probably because I don't care about the vast majority of them - by and large these aren't people I keep in my phonebook.

Totally agree Tony. Very few of my FB friends post anything particularly annoying. I find it really useful.

I never find them annoying, I find them boring and meaningless. Probably because I don't care about the vast majority of them - by and large these aren't people I keep in my phonebook.

Er... then why did you accept them as your FB friends? Replace them with people who ARE in your phonebook. Sorted. 

Er... then why did you accept them as your FB friends? Replace them with people who ARE in your phonebook. Sorted. 

Well...

1. I keep them in my facebook list, just in case I need to contact any one of my FB acquaintances.

2. Most of the time, they are the ones who add me, not the other way round, and I'm not enemies with the vast majority of them so I accept.

3. "De-friending" my long list of "friends" is a chore, and not worth the trouble considering I hardly ever use FB.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â