Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People who use cancer as a card, bargaining tool or an argument.

people who get all moral and superior about the way I got funded to fly to Florida and touch dolphin genitalia

What? I'm so confused.

Edited by StefanAVFC

People who use cancer as a card, bargaining tool or an argument.

people who get all moral and superior about the way I got funded to fly to Florida and touch dolphin genitalia

What? I can't tell if this is a joke or aimed at me or what.

yeah its aimed at you ya bastard

I spend a year persuading the good citizens of VT to play football and hold sponsored silences and walk up unimpressive english 'mountains' to send me to Florida. There's one inaccurate report in one newspaper about what happened with that dolphin (I actually thought it was a hand hold). Oh, up pops aquarium policeman Stefan to tell people I've done wrong.

Well lets hope you never get so down, so low, that you try to find companionship and release with a a sort of fish person.

Whoa whoa whoa. I'm saying about people who say 'Yeah, well he had cancer so he can't do any wrong'. Like when people were having a go at Halsey for being a shit ref and people just said 'well he had cancer so you can't have a go at him'

It's an insult to people who have had cancer or who's close ones have had cancer. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Whoa whoa whoa. I'm saying about people who say 'Yeah, well he had cancer so he can't do any wrong'. Like when people were having a go at Halsey for being a shit ref and people just said 'well he had cancer so you can't have a go at him'

yeah, you're back tracking now

me and that fishy mammal were the real thing man, the real thing

the tragedy is, it was probably the lead in tuna that got me ill in the first place

In hindsight, I should never have let somebody with a name like Scuba Steve set me up on a blind date.

on the bright side, a professional diagnosis of my health situation showed it was just male pattern baldness

• Like 3

Stephen Fry. I used to like him, even when everybody else didn't. 

But this latest tabloid front page stuff about how he attempted suicide recently is the last straw. 

Of course depression and mental illness is a serious thing, and talking about it is good. But this is just drama queen behavior, no more no less. 

But this latest tabloid front page stuff about how he attempted suicide recently is the last straw. 

Of course depression and mental illness is a serious thing, and talking about it is good. But this is just drama queen behavior, no more no less. 

I think the contrary. I think him coming out and being open about it gives people who are suffering from the same sort of thing, courage.

"If such a big star is suffering and is open and honest about it, why can't I?". I think if a less famous person came out (a la TOWIE etc) then it would be a bit less powerful. But a huge star such as Fry can have a huge impact.

• Like 2

I've never really liked him but you should listen to the podcast of the interview, its funny.

Oh and some bloody ironies.

Not naming names, so nobody worry. There was a fairly big ruckus about immigration on here not long ago. There was blame proportioned to Bulgarians and Romanians in particular. Now I see the same people being ecstatic about the signing of Tonev. It's really pissed me off.

• Like 2

I think the contrary. I think him coming out and being open about it gives people who are suffering from the same sort of thing, courage.

"If such a big star is suffering and is open and honest about it, why can't I?". I think if a less famous person came out (a la TOWIE etc) then it would be a bit less powerful. But a huge star such as Fry can have a huge impact.

If it was someone from 'TOWIE, you'd encourage them to top themselves, surely?

Stephen King's next book, Doctor Sleep, has the following synopsis. The whole thing bugs me, but...

On highways across America, a tribe of people called The True Knot travel in search of sustenance. They look harmless—mostly old, lots of polyester, and married to their RVs. But as Dan Torrance knows, and tween Abra Stone learns, The True Knot are quasi-immortal, living off the “steam” that children with the “shiningproduce when they are slowly tortured to death.

Haunted by the inhabitants of the Overlook Hotel where he spent one horrific childhood year, Dan has been drifting for decades, desperate to shed his father’s legacy of despair, alcoholism, and violence. Finally, he settles in a New Hampshire town, an AA community that sustains him, and a job at a nursing home where his remnant “shining” power provides the crucial final comfort to the dying. Aided by a prescient cat, he becomes “Doctor Sleep.”

Then Dan meets the evanescent Abra Stone, and it is her spectacular gift, the brightest shining ever seen, that reignites Dan’s own demons and summons him to a battle for Abra’s soul and survival. This is an epic war between good and evil, a gory, glorious story that will thrill the millions of hyper-devoted readers of The Shining and wildly satisfy anyone new to the territory of this icon in the King canon.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Oh and some bloody ironies.

Not naming names, so nobody worry. There was a fairly big ruckus about immigration on here not long ago. There was blame proportioned to Bulgarians and Romanians in particular. Now I see the same people being ecstatic about the signing of Tonev. It's really pissed me off.

All that's left for us to do now is to sign Belhanda...

even when everybody else didn't. 

You think it has something to do with his accent? Seems very posh to me.

^^^ That's the main thing that I hate about Facebook....the childish willy waving that goes on. "Oooh, look at me - I was at the football/on holiday recently/in a club/at a restaurant/at a museum etc etc"!

F*ck off! Nobody cares.

I don't even see how Facebook is a useful means of keeping in contact anymore. There are much better ways, such as Whatsapp (or one of the other many instant messaging platforms available) of keeping in touch.

Actually, people do care, that's why it's so popular.

)

Well, yeah, but unless you're old, a simpleton, or a woman then I don't see why you'd want to see pictures of people doing stuff.

As a man, I can't understand the mentality of wanting to see pictures of someone on holiday or whatever. If a picture is particularly hilarious and involves someone I know then I'm all up for it but those kind probably don't even make it on FB because they're too scared of their missus/mom/nan seeing it.

(Recently I went on a stag-do, and some very funny pictures resulted from it, but the stag/best man banned people from posting the pictures on FB/twatter/instagram).

I've just never understood the appeal.

^^^ That's the main thing that I hate about Facebook....the childish willy waving that goes on. "Oooh, look at me - I was at the football/on holiday recently/in a club/at a restaurant/at a museum etc etc"!

F*ck off! Nobody cares.

I don't even see how Facebook is a useful means of keeping in contact anymore. There are much better ways, such as Whatsapp (or one of the other many instant messaging platforms available) of keeping in touch.

Actually, people do care, that's why it's so popular.

)

Well, yeah, but unless you're old, a simpleton, or a woman then I don't see why you'd want to see pictures of people doing stuff.

As a man, I can't understand the mentality of wanting to see pictures of someone on holiday or whatever. If a picture is particularly hilarious and involves someone I know then I'm all up for it but those kind probably don't even make it on FB because they're too scared of their missus/mom/nan seeing it.

(Recently I went on a stag-do, and some very funny pictures resulted from it, but the stag/best man banned people from posting the pictures on FB/twatter/instagram).

I've just never understood the appeal.

I concur, I've never understood it either. But we're in the minority.

Thats about 70% (In my own not at all scientific estimate) of the population right there. I think you get the point :)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â