Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Stefan, I think you reckon you're being judged when you're not - it's just a difference of opinion.

Anyway, back on-topic. 

Stuart **** Pearce. Useless bell end.

• Like 1

What do you mean Elitism? What wording do you want to use? Affectionado? Connoisseur? Enthusiast? 

There is a difference in nearly all things between people who are enthusiasts in something and people who like something. Be it sport, food, exercise, drink whatever. I wouldn't call them elitest though

I'll second that ^^.

Can we please just have Stuart Pearce retired? Taken to a home? Something? Please?

Stefan, I think you reckon you're being judged when you're not - it's just a difference of opinion.

Anyway, back on-topic. 

Maybe judged is the wrong word, but there's a huge degree of condescension.  People should be able to enjoy and call coffee what they like without 'purists' mocking them.

Certain posts have been unnecessarily patronising IMO.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Maybe judged is the wrong word, but there's a huge degree of condescension.  People should be able to enjoy and call coffee what they like without 'purists' mocking them.

Calling things by the right names isn't elitist or condescending. Like Conor said, when you add whisk(e)y to cola, you don't call it cola any more, nor do you call it whisk(e)y. When you add coffee to something else, it's no longer coffee.

There is no judgement going on here. If you like coffee flavour, that's great. I like coffee cake, but that's allowed to have sugar and flour in it because it's a cake. It's not coffee.

My point is, does it really matter? If someone says they like whisky, then adds to coke to it everytime, who am I to correct them? Just seems a bit pedant-y for the sake of it.

Anyway, I was more referring to the unnecessarily patronising tone used by some users. But I'm not naming anybody because it's irrelevant poster-on-poster.

Cheers bickster. I'm sure a few places would've made it if they were asked. We made our own with espresso + hot water in the mornings in the hotel.

Did you stay in the Hotel Aston? I never have but swear one day I will just because its called the Hotel Aston

Starbucks .........its called 

small , medium , and large 

not the shite you try and make us call it 

yours 

M_V

I thought it was tall, primo and massimo  :ph34r:

Surely latte, which uses coffee flavour, which would be attained from coffee beans, which would be attained from coffee pods would still rightly be called coffee? Most people deem latte to be a form of coffee, hence why EVERY coffee house serves the stuff.

Ultimately though, who gives a flying **** about it enough to get on a high horse and tell other people what constitutes being allowed to be called coffee. Jesus christ. You drink your coffee, I'll drink mine. 

• Like 2

Coffee isn't coffee unless it's ground, then brewed, within exactly 36 minutes of being harvested, at 87°c by a South American peasant. The only exception to this indisputable rule of the universe is if it's brewed in a empty bean can, over an open fire, in Arkansas in 1875, out in the wild, by a cowboy.

• Like 3

Surely latte, which uses coffee flavour, which would be attained from coffee beans, which would be attained from coffee pods would still rightly be called coffee? Most people deem latte to be a form of coffee, hence why EVERY coffee house serves the stuff.

Ultimately though, who gives a flying **** about it enough to get on a high horse and tell other people what constitutes being allowed to be called coffee. Jesus christ. You drink your coffee, I'll drink mine. 

Put it perfectly. Thank you.

I've had to have about 6 CRBs in the last 2 years. Every time I get a new job, I need a new one by law and they're 40 quid a pop. Bloody annoying.

Hey! I'm CTC Cleared. Now that's a proper bloody annoyance to get. 

But legally, I believe I can now seize people's cars when in hot pursuit mode.

Anyway, back on-topic. 

Good luck with your new job.  ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â