Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I've had to have about 6 CRBs in the last 2 years. Every time I get a new job, I need a new one by law and they're 40 quid a pop. Bloody annoying.

I thought crb's lasted for 3 years if you have to pay for them?

Surely crb checks would be done once you've been offered the job. An offer of employment subject to crb type thing. Having to pay each time without knowing if you've got the job or not seems ludicrous. Plus don't most employers refund the cost afterwards or just pay for it themselves anyway?

Edited by Ingram85

Embarrassing bodies on Channel 4, and it's presenters.

Last night I was discussing with my other half the fact that the female presenter never "gets 'er tits out", despite demanding that every overweight person on the program does so.

Then the program ends with the presenter telling us how she's going to be examining her own sh*t on next week's program.

It doesn't seem fair that I'm made to look at her shit, but don't get compensated with the requisite boob action.

Notes:

a ) Watching Embarrassing Bodies is a makeweight used in exchange for watching football without any fuss.

b ) All of the above was said with a large amount of jest.

c ) This is the presenter in question:

dr-dawn.jpg

Dr Dawn! Top MILF

I'm a big coffee fan.. although the purists will do doubt say that Costa is not decent coffee. I've had 3 lattes from there today.

Surely crb checks would be done once you've been offered the job. An offer of employment subject to crb type thing. Having to pay each time without knowing if you've got the job or not seems ludicrous. Plus don't most employers refund the cost afterwards or just pay for it themselves anyway?

Yeah it's when i get the job. I've changed jobs regarding working with kids loads over the last couple of years. I'm a tennis coach, so I have different contracts every summer and I worked at camp in the US 2 years in a row. Now I'm starting a primary ed course in September, I have to do another one. Just got it through today which prompted me into that post :P

The purists will say that latte is not coffee. It's coffee flavoured milk.

Amen brother.  Black Americano, no sugar is coffee.  Espresso is also permissible. 

Amen brother.  Black Americano, no sugar is coffee.  Espresso is also permissible. 

Is there any need for the Americano bit? It's just coffee and I'm yet to find an American who drinks it that way

Though I do sometimes take the rise out of McDonalds' staff by asking for an Americano at the drive through at 5am...

"We don't..." "Sorry Sir..."

"Yes you do, you just do it badly..."

Is there any need for the Americano bit? It's just coffee and I'm yet to find an American who drinks it that way

Though I do sometimes take the rise out of McDonalds' staff by asking for an Americano at the drive through at 5am...

Christ man, haven't they suffered enough.

Americano, like "soccer" it's not actually an Americanism.  As far as I am aware it came out of Italy during WW2 when thousands of GI's were stationed there and was created by the locals for the consumption of American soldiers.   I think some of the snootier baristas get uppity about it's very existence because of it's origin story but whatever, coffee should be served black and hot.  I'll accept a bit of cream but once you start putting syrup and sparklers in it then it's not coffee, it's coffee flavoured milk. 

Elitism. Especially in something as unimportant as coffee.

We can perc it out

calennon2_16qclnu-16qclo3.jpg?x=400&q=80

Here are also my two favourite coffee mentioning songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP21zUrMh7s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjZUUTcmZeo

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

I worked out what that strange smell coming from my sister's room is... Lilies. Also explains why I can't stop sneezing and my face is sore, it's about the only flower I have any kind of allergy to.

**** annoys me the whole Americano thing does, I refuse to call it that, whenever I go to costa's (which isn't all that often at all) I just ask for a large coffee and they look at me like I've got 6 heads and ask if I want an Americano 'no you **** tards I want a coffee.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â